Forums

Solar not taxed by cities or counties via law in California

Solar not taxed by cities or counties via law in California

So happy to live in California and here is another reason. I don't know about the oil states but watch out for these taxaholics.

https://www.solarpowerworldonline.com/2019/09/california-passes-law-that...

Mike83 | 10. September 2019

Tax breaks given to fossil fuel cartels by the feds and tax the middle class to pay for it. At least in California we are able make our own energy like in a free capitalistic competitive country. We need a real tea party with strong state rights.

LOL. Paying $100 compared to sending $20,000 to the feds to fund oil drilling is a bit more relevant. I can't believe how little common sense the trolls have even in trolling.

Nope. A REAL TEA PARTY not a Koch Tea party. You twisted the meaning by your lack of comprehension. I see why no one can discuss with you. Flagging

FISHEV | 10. September 2019

"A REAL TEA PARTY..."@Mike83

The GOP/Trump/TeaParty is the only "real Tea Party"...always will be...a white supremacist, anti-science, anti-immigrant, free capitalist party in all its glory.

1. Government rules on emissions or no Tesla
2. Government rules on loans to emerging tech or no Tesla
3. Government tax subsidies for EV's or no Tesla

So much for the GOP/Trump/TeaParty fantasy of "free capitalist country" and EV's.

The emergence of EV's is entirely due to smart, science based government policy imposing its will on "free capitalists" for the public good.

1775 ia the real Tea Party. Your Koch tea baggers was invented to support fossil fools like you.

https://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/boston-tea-party

FISHEV | 10. September 2019

"1775 ia the real Tea Party."@Mike83

You are confusing an event with a 20th century political party. The radical liberal founders of the US were no right wing Tea Party of "free capitalists" as you imagine.

Tesla succeeded because government policies pushing US automakers to low emissions vehicles. EV's overall only exist due to government policies that are completely opposed by the current GOP/Trump/TeaParty "free capitalists" that you want to "unleash".

Back on topic after flagging the OT troll. Again my point is to make A REAL TEA PARTY where we don't allow TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION as the 1775 Boston Tea party did to the English Oligarchy. Stop fossil fuel tax giveaways and allow EV's, Solar and wind fair competition

The great news is that no taxes apply to Businesses as well as individuals.

This shows how much the fossil fuel industry takes from the American Taxpayer.

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

More money spent on fossil fuel subsidies than on Defense spending. How much is spent on education is a travesty as witnessed by the comprehension and lack of critical thinking by climate deniers.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fossil-fuel-subsidie...

3500HDP3D | 11. September 2019

Why is this topic in the 3 forum????

Mike83 | 11. September 2019

We need incentives for EVs not ICE vehicles given huge gas/diesel subsidies.
M3 owners should be proud they're not contributing to the Climate Crisis. Not important to fossil fuel addicts of course.

And of course. Using Solar to Power your M3 not only saves money but lowers one's Carbon footprint. Large carbon footprints should be taxed big time esp. for the health effects(cancer, strokes, and heart disease)

kevin_rf | 11. September 2019

For M3 solar charging to work for me, I would have to install solar panels at work. I do find it funny, we have a solar inverter company in the old mill complex I work in, yet no car chargers in the parking lot.

btw. Solar panels have always been property tax exempt in MA. Glad to see CA catching up with the East coast ;-)

When I was traveling by a large company, I think it was Amgen, they had Solar panels over the parking lot and would assume they had charging. Nice way to protect cars finish from the sun as well as providing free electrons.
In time we'll see more innovation, at least in the forward looking successful States.

kevin_rf | 11. September 2019

I think parking lot solar works great in places it doesn't snow. My whole deck jumps and bounces every time my panels drop a load.

In our mountain home we have around a 20 degree roof with solar panels. We used to get 12 ft of snow but now only 2 ft decreasing in the last 12 year period. It slides off with the sun but I bought a device called the Avalanche that has a slip and slide curtain that slides under the snow and it just comes off. But this requires some muscle if the roof is too high using a light weight carbon pole.
Now we don't even need to use the Avalanche so now I need to lift weights to stay in shape ;-)