Forums

Dancing cars gone

Dancing cars gone

Lines on road wiggle a bit when stopped but no more wiggling cars.

Smalm | 03. Oktober 2019

Mine are still dancing away, not as bad before V10 but still dancing.

Smalm | 03. Oktober 2019

Mine are still dancing away, not as bad before V10 but still dancing.

Magic 8 Ball | 03. Oktober 2019

Do you have 32.11.1?

Smalm | 03. Oktober 2019

I do

Interesting I wonder what the difference could be?

Smalm | 03. Oktober 2019

SR+ so maybe my subwoofer in the door is rumbling the sensor? Haha who knows.

SteveWin1 | 03. Oktober 2019

I also no longer have the dancing cars. Hugely improved..

jebinc | 03. Oktober 2019

Haven’t noticed ‘da dance, so greatly improved.

M3phan | 03. Oktober 2019

No more Dancing With The Cars

Lol good one.

82bert | 03. Oktober 2019

Mine have been gone since V10 as well. Odd to hear some still see them.

johnw | 03. Oktober 2019

Much better, but still occasional wiggles

kevin_rf | 04. Oktober 2019

Shhh..... The cars might hear you and start dancing again.

hokiegir1 | 04. Oktober 2019

I think mine took a day or so to recalibrate after install. I seem to remember them still doing it when I first got the update, but we noticed last night that they aren't doing it anymore.

calvin940 | 04. Oktober 2019

Nothing here anymore either. They were gone for me as of 32.11. I was very tired of the threads with topics of little consequence.

jjgunn | 04. Oktober 2019

Nope....bye bye & again I point out did you notice the improvement in AP? When you pass a truck, the car moves to the opposite side of the lane giving the truck more room.

Safety first

cybergrafx | 04. Oktober 2019

You are just not playing the right music. The cars like a good beat to get them moving.... :)

M3phan | 04. Oktober 2019

@ jjgunn, really? Haven’t passed a semi in AP with V10 yet. Cool.

82bert | 04. Oktober 2019

kJ Gunn is correct. Noticed this the other day. Very nice.

OR Red Shift | 04. Oktober 2019

No dancing cars since V10. Smart summon however a bit erratic.

cheekiestgrin | 08. Oktober 2019

Mine are at a rave, high as fuck on E, like its 1990 all over again, with the Plod trying to shut it down.. then the Prodigy comes on for a DJ set. Plod gives up. Motorcyclists and pedestrians join in and fidget like they are smoking crack to calm, down their Tourettes.

jimglas | 08. Oktober 2019

its a feature, not a bug

bjrosen | 08. Oktober 2019

They seem to have quieted down, it's gone from a jig to a waltz.

FISHEV | 08. Oktober 2019

"Interesting I wonder what the difference could be?"@M8B

Some owners have huge blindspots to Tesla's issues. Part of the no Blind Spot Detection issue.

jimglas | 08. Oktober 2019

fish has a huge hardon about the "blind spot"

Dancing is sexual in nature.

calvin940 | 08. Oktober 2019

As I had said in at least one other thread, when Tesla decides that this issue is a priority (ie. working on visualization changes as they did in V10), it will likely get addressed there. And guess what?

Joseb | 08. Oktober 2019

Dancing is pretty much gone, except for some occasional wiggle.

"And guess what?"@calvin940

People still have a shaky visualization.

jdbeth | 08. Oktober 2019

I hadn't noticed since getting V10, but I have not noticed the dancing cars at all since then. It was mildly entertaining, but seemed to really bug anyone riding with me, I think it made them challenge how good the cameras or sensors are, whereas when you get used to it we just ignored it anyway.

Magic 8 Ball | 08. Oktober 2019

BSM works perfectly fine for me. Use the turn signal and car will prevent you from changing lanes into another car. Perfect!

slingshot18 | 08. Oktober 2019

Still dancing on my V10 car. No change at all.

calvin940 | 08. Oktober 2019

Yup. Some people probably still have some shakes just as some have other items that most don't experience. That is software development. The point is that steps were taken to improve the visualization and they have significantly including dancing cars which appear to be gone for most.

To try to say anything else is being disingenuous but then again, that's the nature of a few.

Phantom_Menace | 08. Oktober 2019

Dancing cars has diminished greatly. I notice when a large vehicle like an F150 or a van moves lanes behind me, they dance a little but overall it's much better.

Magic 8 Ball | 09. Oktober 2019

One corner case where dancing cars are still around for us: Stopped at a light with cars on both sides and we are the first cars waiting at light.

aperfectecho | 09. Oktober 2019

Much reduced. Didn't really bother me, but does look more "quality" to anyone riding with me. I like the ability to move the visualization around, not sure if there's any use to that for now, but kind of cool

Trekman | 09. Oktober 2019

I was stopped at a light and had an instant where a pickup truck morphed into a van, right as I was watching! Kool.

inconel | 09. Oktober 2019

Are you sure you were not watching Transformers on Netflix?

BuffaloBillsFan | 09. Oktober 2019

I miss my dancing cars. It was entertainment value for me at stoplights. And now, cars turning left in front of me actually turn left! No more dancing there either! The only thing I have noticed is that the display tracks cars coming at me on two-lane roads except for white ones. If a white car is coming at me on a two-lane road, there is no image on the display. Weird.

But I do miss the dancing cars at stoplights.

Trekman | 09. Oktober 2019

@inconel - It was kinda like that. I also saw a "person" walking by in front in the crosswalk. And not a stick figure!

OC.M3 | 12. Oktober 2019

Those dancing cars looked stupid and needed to be fixed.
Passengers in the car obviously weren't seeing the 'wow' factor for a luxury car.

FISHEV | 12. Oktober 2019

"Still dancing on my V10 car. No change at all."@slingshot8

Likely no change at all. Placebo effect of the bug fix updates on the fanbois.

Magic 8 Ball | 12. Oktober 2019

Completely gone except for the one corner case explained above, for us.

82bert | 12. Oktober 2019

Definitely the spinning is gone. At worst I’ve had a car appear/reappear when stopped at a light.

I get the magic act on rare occasion but the jiggles are gone with one exception.

"Interesting I wonder what the difference could be?"@M8B

Some folks let their misplaced Tesla loyalty get the better of them and have a blind spot for Tesla issues.

"Some folks let their misplaced Tesla loyalty get the better of them and have a blind spot for Tesla issues."

And others try to blow minor issues into being the end of the world going on with crybaby rants about how bad Tesla is performing for THEM. The self centered are selfish that way.

"And others try to blow minor issues"@M8B

You'd have to talk to the guy who started this topic. Amusing the very first reply contradicted your premise.

Dancing cars gone for me is the premise and it stands.

Dancing cars gone for me is the premise and it stands.

Pages