Forums

Does anyone else hear a noticeable improvement between Spotify (built-in) and Spotify (played from your phone via Bluetooth?)

Does anyone else hear a noticeable improvement between Spotify (built-in) and Spotify (played from your phone via Bluetooth?)

I'm just curious what the explanation is for the discrepancy. Is it purely some technical limitation as far as fidelity via bluetooth, vs. built-in? The built-in Spotify sound seems to me to have much more spaciousness, and a much fatter low end subwoofer, etc. (I have a RWD Tesla Model 3 Premium car). I also ask because I'm trying to decide whether to cancel my Apple Music subscription that I've been playing in the car via my phone and just switch to what appears to be a much better-sounding built-in Spotify Premium.

On a related subject: is there ANY way to tell the car to play a track without having to then click on the resulting search field, choose "Song", etc., etc.? With my iPhone (using Apple Music) I can simply say "Hey Siri, play "x"" and it plays (albeit with lower fidelity via Bluetooth)...

Thanks!
- D.D.

1scallawag | 13. Oktober 2019

Tremendous difference to me. I live in the country with very weak to no media coverage. Spotify builtin wont play near my home. (Buckingham VA.) If you want coverage here you use Verizon. With my iPhone I can download as much Spotify midia as I want and never have any problems with continuous streaming with bluetooth. When I an in Charlottesville the builtin Spotify does seam to buffer some but not very much. I am looking into mobile hotspots and or signal boosters if anyone has any ideas or URL to share...Thanks in advance

tri_t_to | 13. Oktober 2019

Streaming through Bluetooth doubles the compression of music. This is why some receivers have Spotify Connect which allows you to stream music from your phone using WIFI.