Forums

Software update in progress as I speak!

Software update in progress as I speak!

I'm downloading version 2019.36.2.4 Does everyone have this already? Am I early or late?

jimglas | 04. Dezember 2019

right on schedule

Lbanworth | 04. Dezember 2019

Thanks jimglas! Do you know what's in this update?

must be a bug fix
now out to 0.4% of fleet

Lbanworth | 04. Dezember 2019

Cool! Thanks

wayne | 04. Dezember 2019

I thought 2019.40.1.1 was the latest firmware.

seems to depend upon the vehicle model
We have 40.1.1 on the MX
36.2.3 on the M3

TickTock | 04. Dezember 2019

Thx for the heads up. Just went out to the car and initiated the download.

Kathy Applebaum | 04. Dezember 2019

We have 2019.40.1.1 on both of our 3's. Looks like it didn't get rolled out widely though.

garretn | 04. Dezember 2019

Same here 2019.40.1.1 on P3D+

M3D | 04. Dezember 2019

I just downloaded and installed 2019.36.2.4 it seems to be rolling out while 2019.40.1.1 seems to be stopped. I would think that 2.4 has some bug fixes they want out while they work on something they are fixing in 40.1.1 maybe we'll see a 40.X roll out more widely soon.

brscpo | 04. Dezember 2019

No luck with updates with my M3 LR Dual Motor. When delivered a month ago Sunday my M3 had v9 and when Homelink was installed the service tech forced the v10 update. No updates since. How long does it take for updates to get to everyone? Mine is on my home wifi nightly. Any tips to get the updates?

EVRider | 04. Dezember 2019

@brscpo: See my last comment in this thread: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/update-3

Scrannel | 04. Dezember 2019

BOOM! Dec 4, 6:05 PM, Malibu time. Just backed it in for better wifi. Now if I can just get 2.0 loaded on my reMarkable….

fearghus1 | 04. Dezember 2019

@brscpo, you can go to software and tap advanced 5 times. That usually force downloads the latest version. It has worked for me on 2 different occasions. I’m not sure if was coincidence or hack.. good luck.

M3phan | 04. Dezember 2019

@ fearghus1 Tried it multiple times to no avail.

brscpo | 04. Dezember 2019

EVRider - Thank you. I will try the app trick next time. I already have a service appt schedule for Monday as I found the car pulling slightly to the right after only 100 miles.

Fearghus1 - I tried that trick a few times, no luck.

But what DID work was posting here. 15 minutes after my prior post and I received an update alert. Up to 36.2.4 now.

SdpLV | 04. Dezember 2019

36.2.1 here. Picked car up on 11/29. Mostly parked in garage since - where Wi-Fi signal is weak. Guessing that may be why.

kevin_rf | 04. Dezember 2019

36.2.4 was waiting on my phone tonight.

jebinc | 04. Dezember 2019

Got 40.1.1 a week ago... strange rollout process.

mikeng6274 | 04. Dezember 2019

I download 36.2.4 today

rehutton777 | 04. Dezember 2019

Still on 36.2.1 as of this evening. Tried all the tricks, but nothing yet. Guess I'll just wait (patiently, he says!).

wiscy67 | 04. Dezember 2019

@rehutton777 +1

I think Tesla may be on to all the tricks.

M3phan | 05. Dezember 2019

Try kicking each tire once, jiggle the steering wheel in this order-left, left, right- then flap the charge port door 5 times, and voila! You’ll get the new software update.

stingray.don | 05. Dezember 2019

Looks like 40.2 is rolling out now

SalisburySam | 05. Dezember 2019

@TickTock said: “Thx for the heads up. Just went out to the car and initiated the download.”

You should be able to initiate the update from the Tesla app on your smartphone from anywhere in the world...many posters have done so across country from their vehicles.

ICEMELT | 05. Dezember 2019

Any new features in 40.x ?

EVRider | 05. Dezember 2019

40.x adds improved auto wipers and improved auto lane changes.

The "pressing Advanced 5 times" trick hasn't worked for me either, but I noticed that the car now checks for an update as soon as you open the Controls > Software screen (didn't used to do that), so that might be what's actually happening. That still didn't get me 40.x for our Model 3 after I already got 40.1.1 on my Model S.

I think using the schedule service option is more reliable.

RedPillSucks | 05. Dezember 2019

Is the 40.x for HW3 or also HW2.5 ??

tom8959 | 05. Dezember 2019

Also HW2.5!

thenning | 05. Dezember 2019

Still on v9 software here... waiting impatiently for the update.

tom8959 | 05. Dezember 2019

As one of the few people blessed with a 2019.40.1.1 download, I thought I'd share a little bit. The release notes say:

"Automatic Wiper Improvements:
Automatic wipers have been improved to be more likely to activate when it is lightly raining and respond to changes in rain intensity for more environments. The automatic wipers are now employing the first production deep neural network trained with over 1 million images for the detection of water droplets on a windshield and additional weather cues. If automatic wipers is not performing to your preference, any manual adjustment to wiper speed will be captured to further train and improve the network in the future."

"Automatic Lave Change Improvements
Automatic lane changes have been tuned to make lane changes with more confidence. When the adjacent lane is detected to be open, automatic lane changes will initiate faster and be more assertive."

After all the rain lately, I can say that the wipers seemed to work very well. But for me, the great thing about this update is the improved lane changes - definitely a significant improvement. I use auto lane change now where I wouldn't before, and it hasn't chickened-out of any lane changes since the update either. I like it!

Got another Model 3 update a few minutes ago, but it's 36.2.4 (I got 36.2.3 eight days ago). The Model 3 is an MR RWD. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for those wiper and lane change improvements.

Stinnett | 05. Dezember 2019

In case anyone likes geography, I got a ping on my phone about 10 minutes ago (5:30 p.m. Eastern) that an update was available. It's downloading now ... southern Indiana. I don't know if these updates are left-to-right on the country or based on model or what. "Or what" seems more likely. M3 LR DM AP FSD with hardware 2.5. Version 2019.36.2.4.

Life is good but it's better in a(n updated) Tesla.

Neutroniker | 05. Dezember 2019

@tom8959 I've also had 40.1.1 for about the last week. The lane changing is quite assertive now, and I like it a lot. Even in heavy traffic, the car is able to make its way into an opening without undue waiting. Changing lanes without traffic feels considerably more direct and effortless. The car does not wait a long time before moving now, and it may even steer slightly in the opposite direction as it starts causing the turn to feel even quicker.

I did have the car chicken out on a lane change once this morning even though there were several car lengths of space and no one was encroaching. The return to my original lane was abrupt enough that I took control. In retrospect, the problem could have been due to the sun being at a bad angle.

I can't comment much about the new wiper control. We had rain of varying intensity the other day and I don't believe I touched the wipers. They always seemed to be working at a rate that was reasonable given the conditions.

socaldave | 05. Dezember 2019

Updating to 40.2 as we speak

Are those of you with 40.x seeing any issues with Autosteer wandering within your lane? I’m seeing this in my Model S with 40.1.1, and other Model S owners are reporting the same issue. I haven’t noticed any reports by Model 3 owners, but fewer of them have 40.x.

pdutta | 05. Dezember 2019

36.2.4 made my S significantly inefficient compared to when one pedal driving was installed a couple of weeks ago. I used to get about 220 Wh/mi on a typical Bay Area stop and go highway drive back home at 6pm. Now, getting about 350 Wh/mi.

rehutton777 | 05. Dezember 2019

Just downloaded 36.2.4 this evening (after commenting yesterday about delay). All good things come in time.

tvrkris | 06. Dezember 2019

M3P in UK just got 36.2.4 this morning,

No FSD

When is 2019.40.2 rolling out to the UK

timhippo | 06. Dezember 2019

@EVRider - I'm glad someone else is noticing that as well. After 40.1.1 the car does tend to drift slightly in its lane. The same route I take every morning I can see the difference on parts of the highway where it's usually steady. I thought perhaps I had a tire issue or something with the sensors. I also noticed the exit ramps usually take seem to be a little rougher changing into the exit lane.

I do like the aggressive lane change now. What took a few seconds for the car to casually move into the next lane is a lot quicker to initiate and get into the lane. I'm using the lane changes a lot more now.

EVRider | 06. Dezember 2019

@timhippo: Do you have a Model 3?

St☰v☰ | 06. Dezember 2019

36.2.4 downloaded last night. It seemed to have taken an abnormally long time to download too. I assume it's a bug fix only.

Neutroniker | 06. Dezember 2019

@EVRider @timhippo - Yes, I am also seeing more wandering within the lane, particularly after a significant steering input like a lane change or taking an exit. Again, this is for 40.1.1 since we are now talking about two different updates in this thread. Taking an exit can be rougher now, especially if the right side white line suddenly carves out the new lane. Also, I am in Mad Max mode for lane changes and I don't know if the behavior is different in a more relaxed mode.

Personally, I wish the car would stick to the middle of the lane in curves. Not particular to this update, but the car tends to hug the outer line. It's unsettling when that outside line is the one separating you from oncoming traffic.

On the plus side, the car slows down less when following curves now. For example, on a curve that the car would slow from 50 to 42 mph before, now it only slows to 49 and gets back up to speed.

timhippo | 06. Dezember 2019

@EVRider... yes Model 3, 8/2018 build HW2.5, perhaps that may make a difference?

@Neutroniker... my lane changes is not set to Mad Max, it's one below (don't recall the name at the moment). And my exit marker is exactly like that, a quick line because it's a short exit and it feels like it jumps to the right then corrects the other way when the exit lane widens enough.

stingray.don | 06. Dezember 2019

40.2.1 just showed up on TeslaFi

andreammartin3 | 07. Dezember 2019

My M3 was delivered late August 2019 and I have yet to see a singe update of any kind

kevin_rf | 07. Dezember 2019

Upgraded to 36.2.4 last week, such a weird dual 40.2/36.2.4 simultaneous update of both going out going on here.

EVRider | 07. Dezember 2019

@timhippo: I've seen the same issue in my Model S (also HW2.5), so you've confirmed it's not specific to the S.

@andreammartin3: This is covered is many other threads, but to maximize your chance of getting updates, make sure you have both cellular service and WiFi where you park, and make sure the Software Update setting on Controls > Software is set to Advanced.

@kevin_rf: Not that unusual to have multiple versions rolling out at the same time. Some are for specific configurations. Although some of you have 40.1.1 on your Model 3's, mine is on 36.2.4, and I received that after I already received 40.1.1 on my Model S. My 3 is a 2018 MR RWD on HW2.5 with FSD.

Maxxer | 07. Dezember 2019

Me too

Just got back home and managed to connect to wifi