Forums

FSD preview

FSD preview

I have the Christmas update. How do I enable the FSD preview? I didn't see anything about it in the release notes.

kaffine | 30. Dezember 2019

Do you have HW3? HW3 is required for it to work.

Are you in the USA? (Note sure but I think it is limited to USA for now)

apodbdrs | 30. Dezember 2019

Quick controls>Autopilot>FSD Visualization

Brian B | 31. Dezember 2019

That's it. I don't have HW3. I have EAP, but didn't purchase FSD.

tylerskate88 | 24. März 2020

I Just took delivery (3/21/2020) long range model3 with full self-driving. I'm not seeing the visualizations or the option to turn them on... I see cones but that's it. Looked everywhere but can't seem to find what I'm missing?

stingray.don | 24. März 2020

tylerskate88,

What software version are you on?

kelinmarry854 | 24. März 2020

I think it is just going to a video tutorial on using FSD.

It doesn't make sense for a preview to be the actual product or part of the product, especially when they have been slowly releasing parts of FSD like smart summon.

In a meeting (Earnings report?) Elon said that a large percentage of service center visits was new owners asking how to use autopilot. It would make sense to have videos or even interactive tutorials on the car, so that is what I think the 'preview' is going to be. I think if it was a new working FSD feature he would have said that.

stingray.don | 25. März 2020

kelinmarry854,

The FSD preview was released in late December. It includes visualizations of stop lights, stop signs, and trash cans. See release notes for details.

EVRider | 25. März 2020

The setting to enable the visualizations is Controls > Autopilot > FSD Visualization Preview.

EVRider | 25. März 2020

I should add that visualizations are not available in all regions.

Fastidious | 25. März 2020

@ tylerskate88, you need to wait for a software update. I just got 2020.8.2 yesterday, and have the visualisation. Not FSD here, but with HW3.

tylerskate88 | 25. März 2020

@ Fastidious , stingray.don Yeah wow I'm on 2019.35.109 that has to be the problem.. will wait and see! thanks!

kelinmarry854 | 29. März 2020

It doesn't make sense for a preview to be the actual product or part of the product, especially when they have been slowly releasing parts of FSD like smart summon.

In a meeting (Earnings report?) Elon said that a large percentage of service center visits was new owners asking how to use autopilot. It would make sense to have videos or even interactive tutorials on the car, so that is what I think the 'preview' is going to be. I think if it was a new working FSD feature he would have said that.https://cbdreakiro.com/shop

M3phan | 31. März 2020

?? We actually have the fsd preview on our HW3 cars as a toggle and it’s screen visualizations, so...

fazman | 02. April 2020

@OP FSD preview for us HW 2.5 guys is going to be on youtube or asking for a test drive at tesla. Your not really missing anything today. Take that money and put it into the stock market once the world bottoms out. Its a better use of your $4000