Forums

Model Y vs Mach-E delivery date

Model Y vs Mach-E delivery date

If someone would order a 5 seater AWD LR Model Y or a Ford Mach-E today in Canada, what would be the estimated date of delivery for each of the vehicles?

jordanrichard | 30. Juni 2020

You are joking, right?

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 30. Juni 2020

Model Y, 1-2 months
Mach E, as early as next year

FISHEV | 30. Juni 2020

First Mach-E’s are being delivered in December but that will likely be to the first reservation holders.

Neighbor ordered a Model Y two weeks ago, was told 4-8 weeks and got it in less than two weeks.

Orthopod | 30. Juni 2020

Thanks

I thought Mach-E would be more around end of 2021 for Canada

SamO | 30. Juni 2020

Canadian deliveries have already begun.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-canada-deliveries/

TeslaTap.com | 30. Juni 2020

I don't think Ford has announced when Candian deliveries might be made. It could be late 2021. Also, Ford is under a lot of pressure to sell cars in the 7 compliance US states and the EU. Ford has to reach the needed thresholds so they can continue to sell other ICE pollution generators in those areas. Until those thresholds are met, no other areas are likely to get the MachE.

"I don't think Ford has announced when Candian deliveries might be made. It could be late 2021"

Yes, I found some re-posting of dealer correspondence but nothing certain. That's why I phrased my reply above as "as early as next year", which is distinct from "early next year".

FISHEV | 30. Juni 2020

@Orthopod | June 30, 2020 I thought Mach-E would be more around.”

Ford is delivering world wide starting December. EU will get there first ones January due shipping time. If they offer me this year, I might risk it for the 2020 tax breaks. My only gamble is where is Electrify America on Phase II with the Oregon coast US101 and US26 chargers.

Realistically for someone reserving now it would be 1st half of 2021. She should put in a reservation online and see what happens.

Mtnrunner | 30. Juni 2020

Y would anyone even consider a Ford EV? The lack of experience, charging network, reliability (Found On Road Dead), and bang for buck is so night and day it is actually funny

Orthopod | 30. Juni 2020

For the price

FISHEV | 30. Juni 2020

Mtnrunner | June 30, 2020 Y would anyone even consider a Ford EV? “

1. Better car.
2. Better looking.
3. Working blind spot alerts
4. Working rear cross traffic alerts
5. Working lane departure warnings.
6. Working adaptive cruise.
7. Ventilated seats
8. Inline screen
9. Better controls
10. CCS charging port
11. Better AWD
12. Hatchback with washer/wiper
13. Better front washer wiper
14, Apple Car Play
15. Heated steering wheel
16. 360 cam view.
17. Working key fob

Of course you neither own nor drive one, so nothing you say is based in fact per established fish policy.

TeslaTap.com | 30. Juni 2020

Forcing MachE owners to use awful CCS alone is reason enough to drop the MachE from consideration. Lots of other issues too, like an ugly rear wiper that, reduces range and makes wind noise, complex controls, poorer AWD, unable to use the phone as a key, safety systems are not standard and lack abilities like AP and side collision avoidance. Many MachE features are untested version 1.0, so it's hard to tell how bad these systems are. In the past, Ford has been awful with v1.0 software. Not sure why anyone would expect anything different this time. Maybe wait until 2023 to see if they can figure out how to make a competitive car with Tesla's 2012 model.

blkice | 30. Juni 2020

@TT Thanks again, FISHSTICK inspires the truth tellers. His lies about anything Musk is pathetic

jordanrichard | 01. Juli 2020

Orthopod, if you thought the Mach-E wouldn't get to Canada until the end of 2021, why the thread/question. Tesla is already building/shipping the Model Y and Ford is still testing the handful of prototypes of the Mach-E.

andy.connor.e | 01. Juli 2020

there are only a couple of people on these forums that care about taking about the Mach-E.

FISHEV | 01. Juli 2020

@TeslaTap “ Many MachE features are untested version 1.0, so it's hard to tell how bad these systems are. ”

Actually all the Mach-E features are well tested and are the latest versions of the excellent Ford Co-Pilot 360 software one can drive in current Fords. I did that in a Ford Edge while Tesla was in the shop. It was excellent and addressed the all the issues Tesla has with adaptive cruise, lane keeping, blind spot alerts, rear cross traffic, rear visibility, hatch wiper, Apple CarPlay and others, see list above.

Top rated systems far superior to Tesla’s. Had Tesla addressed the issues in the Model Y, I’d have upgraded to the Model Y instead Tesla repeated the mistakes in the Model Y.

Production is beginning the Mach-E plant. The Covid-19 production hiatus was used to good effect by Ford as all the engineers took them home and drove them and worked on the software and looked at all the day to day issues of owning and operating the car, priceless. Something Tesla doesn’t do but puts on the early owner’s who pay top dollar to test and debug the cars.

I’ll likely gamble on getting the Mach-E this year if the dealer offers it to me, the tax breaks for this year would work well.

I’m gambling on EA putting in the US101 and OR26 chargers as planned. I won’t need it until next June. Worst case, I’d use the pokey L2 at the transit station near the marina or I’d talk to the Port about paying them to put in a Level 3 Chargepoint at the Port building. Split the revenue with them for payback and I’d get first shot at the chargers.

SamO | 01. Juli 2020

I'm praying Eagles can trade his Tesla in (lol) and take delivery of her Mock-ee and GTO. Copy/paste astroturfing for the dealership lobby, hybrids, DNC and unions is lame.

TeslaTap.com | 01. Juli 2020

I guess we all agree, the MachE and EA is a gamble. One that looks like a really bad bet to me, but I'm not foolish with my money. Others, perhaps they are huge risk-takers, and nothing wrong with that.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 01. Juli 2020

I would be willing, perhaps, to gamble on one or the other, but not both.

andy.connor.e | 01. Juli 2020

Dont gamble with EA. VW was forced to build it and have no plan currently as to the future of that charging network after the 10 year period.

Orthopod | 01. Juli 2020

« jordanrichard | July 1, 2020
Orthopod, if you thought the Mach-E wouldn't get to Canada until the end of 2021, why the thread/question. Tesla is already building/shipping the Model Y and Ford is still testing the handful of prototypes of the Mach-E. »

Because the person I was talking with who was hesitating between Mach-E at $50,000 and Model Y at 73,000$CAD was telling me she could order a Mach-E already.
I thought reading on these forums that the first year of production was already sold. So that’s why I wanted to confirm the info.

FISHEV | 01. Juli 2020

@TeslaTap.com | July 1, 2020 I guess we all agree, the MachE and EA is a gamble.”

Only as far as EA fast DC charging on Oregon’s NW coast area. EA just completed the 2nd US trans continental route and has the NS routes done already. No problem driving to Seattle or SF or Park City but remote OR coast units are on Phase II so we’ll have them but with Covid-19 delays, exact date is a question mark.

Mach-E will be much safer, quieter ride to all those locations.

TeslaTap.com | 01. Juli 2020

Pricing seems off, although not sure about CAD pricing. Model Y starts at $53K USA, and likely an RWD cheaper version will be available before the MachE ships.

For a similar range, the MachE is $52K USA without options and not including dealer markup. There are cheaper MachE versions, but with far less range - 230 miles vs. Model Y 316 miles, so not a good comparison.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 01. Juli 2020

"Mach-E will be much safer, quieter ride to all those locations."

Your post is not based in fact or experience.

"Pricing seems off, although not sure about CAD pricing. "

I thought the same thing, but it seems legitimate. I couldn't get the Tesla site to price for me in CAD, but several sites suggest it will be about ~73. entry: https://electrek.co/2020/06/11/tesla-model-y-deliveries-canada/

Ford website did allow me to price in CAD, and for the AWD version it started at 53k.

WW_spb | 01. Juli 2020

Flagged Team Tag Fish and his son Maxxer

Magic 8 BaII | 01. Juli 2020

EVIL liar, the OP has been known to be a long standing Tesla short and is pushing his HIDDEN AGENDA. DO NOT LISTEN OP = cognitive dissonance evil liar

akgolf | 01. Juli 2020

Just watched the recent Now You Know YouTube video.

The showed a Ford advertisement from 1992 about how Ford would soon have a fleet of electric vehicles. Let’s hope It’s not just smoke and mirrors again.