Forums

Model 3 Coupe anyone?

Model 3 Coupe anyone?

I understand the majority of the US populace prefers sedans, SUVs or pickups, but there are few of us that love to see and drive a nice coupe. Even though I currently drive a sedan (Lexus IS250F), I'd like to see Tesla making a Coupe version of the M3.

yongliangzhu68 | 14. Juni 2016

I like chicken. Hopefully it will be a chicken coupe. :)

yongliangzhu68 | 14. Juni 2016

Sorry I thought it was coop. :) :)

Red Sage ca us | 14. Juni 2016

I prefer Coupes. I hope to someday own a Tesla Model 3 P135D Coupe with Falcon Wing Doors. Yeah.

JeffreyR | 14. Juni 2016

With three kids, I am not likely to get one anytime soon. But, yeah at some point I would love a coupé to take my wife on a nice slow trip up and down PCH.

Denys | 14. Juni 2016

Variations on a theme would be nice. Let's make sure Tesla grows over the next few years...

Frank.B.Smith | 14. Juni 2016

I would like a coupe.

Stevenilg | 15. Juni 2016

Agreed, a coupe would be welcome.

quinney | 15. Juni 2016

Hope I live long enough to own the coupe version.

Captain_Zap | 15. Juni 2016

Count me in. I was hoping the Model 3 would be a coupe.

zephyr12 | 15. Juni 2016

Tesla had my interest with the Roadster. I would love to see a successor with the updated tech.
Maybe the Model Y?

warren_tran | 15. Juni 2016

I'll take the coupe over the hatchback request. I can haul the kids around in my XC60.

Red Sage ca us | 15. Juni 2016

zephyr12: My bet is placed for both a Model R Supercar and a Model Z Hypercar... Franz von Holzhausen has had a hand in designing some nice vehicles.

Saturn Sky

Pontiac Solstice

Mazda Furai

jordanrichard | 16. Juni 2016

In the scheme of things, coupes sell to a limited market, both new and used. That is not to say Tesla won't entertain that idea for the M≡. After all, in their own words the M≡ will be on par in size and performance with the BMW 3-Series. Well, I am guessing that a vast majority, from what I have seen, of 3-Series are coupes. Though of course BMW pulled a marketing switch on everyone and now simply calls their 2 door 3-Series a 4-Series and charges more for it.

Frank.B.Smith | 16. Juni 2016

As a tall driver I find my ideal seat position puts the "B" pillar right next to my head making it a blind spot. Coupes have larger door openings with no blinds pot issues with the seat fully reclined.

As a tall driver I find my ideal seat position puts the "B" pillar right next to my head making it a blind spot. Coupes have larger door openings with no blinds pot issues with the seat fully reclined.

yongliangzhu68 | 17. Juni 2016

I was hoping for a coupe but.........in all likelihood a coupe will be 5 years or more down the road. Tesla has their hands FULL for several years meeting M3 sedan demand. Also the MY SUV/CUV would likely be next since it will be a MUCH higher in demand car than a coup. We also know Tesla wants to build a halo Roadster/sports car and may also be looking at a truck. All of these things combined could keep a low volume seller coup on the back burner.

Although I hope to be proven wrong and Tesla announces a M4???? coupe at reveal 2 to ship 'soon' after the M3. Just seems like a wild fantasy though.

nipper2 | 17. Juni 2016

I would have liked to have a coup but for now the 3 will do. The main reason I am going with the 3 is the S is bigger than what I want.

nipper2 | 17. Juni 2016

The big thing I want is Range

Red Sage ca us | 19. Juni 2016

Frank.B.Smith: +1! Exactly. I'm always surprised that no one other than myself raises that concern. I don't want to sit erect, with my legs around the steering wheel like a praying mantis. I have long legs, and want to stretch them out while driving. The B-pillar position is not a happy place for visibility, given how large they have become over the past 25 years. It is a shame that car doors with frameless glass windows and no B-pillar at all cannot be accomplished with today's side impact crash regulations. This is why I hope for a Model ☰ Coupe with Falcon Wing Doors.

mos6507 | 19. Juni 2016

The Sky/Solstice were gorgeous and criminally overlooked vehicles. It's a shame they came around at the waning days of Pontiac/Saturn.