Forums

The only downside that I have found regarding my x

The only downside that I have found regarding my x

Okay, so I have had my tesla x 90d for a little over a month now. I have noticed on several occasions .. I mean at least four times so far that my car might be too quiet in parking lots. Lol. Each time I'm driving slowly through parking lot to find a parking spot people just randomly cross right in front of me. Then when I slam on brakes they seem utterly shocked that I was even there. Maybe I need to have my lights flashing and horn beeping as I approach each aisle in the parking lot. Lol. I absolutely realize that I'm blessed to feel like this is my only problem in my car.
:)/ Even writing this reminds me of how much I love my car. Haha

rdfbsmith | 20. September 2016

Outstanding. Feeling

Lumina1 | 20. September 2016

You could play loud music with your windows down.

georgehawley.fl.us | 20. September 2016

You obviously aren't picky enough.😉

Triggerplz | 20. September 2016

Speaking of parking lots yesterday I was in the Red lobster parking lot and a guy backed in next to me he got out stood there with his door open, I'm asking him to close his door and he couldn't seem to understand, after I asked a few times he finally closed his door when I told him my door opens as I approach and when he saw my door open he was like WOW and had a big smile on his face..

Lumina1 | 21. September 2016

Can you turn off the auto opening feature? I wouldn't want to have it open into a car.

Dawnbmartin | 21. September 2016

Eevee1- I feel like my music is already blaring. Maybe I should do the rolling down Windows part. Lol. Triggerplz- I never get tired of the door opening for me. I feel like I have a gentleman with me at all times opening the car door for me. Love it. ;)-

Triggerplz | 21. September 2016

@Eever1 Yes you can turn it off from the touch screen but I love it..@Dawnbmartin I'm with you on loving the auto opening door

Triggerplz.. does the auto open door have a sensor on it so theoretically it shouldn't open if something is too close ? I haven't been in any situation where it would have not opened but curious if I should be watching more closely. Lol. I already hit a curb a "bit" and not happy that on my rim I have small marks on it. Just don't understand how that curb just appeared out of nowhere. Lol. Ugh ugh.

Roamer@AZ USA | 21. September 2016

Triggerplz I had to turn off auto open. I walk around with my key in my pocket and every time I entered or walked thru the garage the car would open the door and shout I want to go someplace. It is bad enough that my dog does that every time I head for the garage door. The car doing it was just to much.

But I would love to have walk away auto close. I wish the setting was separate for auto open and auto close. I would use auto close.

The brake pedal close is great. I had a guy trying to sell me magazines as I walked to the car. I got in and with out thinking pushed the brake pedal. The door almost nailed him as he jumped back. Since he didn't see my hand on the door handle he was shocked when the door came flying closed. So using the brake to auto close can be a safety feature.

Roamer@AZ USA | 21. September 2016

@Dawn, You do learn quickly to drive carefully in parking lots. Ninja cars.

@Roamer@AZUSA I bought one of those little black bags from Amazon($29) that blocks the signal now I can walk around and wash the car without the doors opening and closing. @Dawnbmartin Yes it has a sensor but I don't trust it 100% and about you hitting the curb let me know when you in my city so I'll know not to walk on the sidewalks :-)

Triggerplz...hey I only hit the curb one time. Lol. Guessing cause my infiniti 80 was a lot bigger ...I would just drive over curb and it never seemed to mess my rims up. Just kidding. Well sort of. Haha.
Roamer@azusa yeah i had to move where I kept my car keys when I'm not driving it. Drive me nuts everytime someone opened up my back door ..I would see the tesla lights go on and her getting ready for me ugh. Lol.

Dawnbmartin when my wife scraped up her Lexus wheel, The dealer charged $150 to make it look brand new I now know the guy who fixes them for lexus and he will come to my house and fix it $75... Hopefully I won't need him, he also does paintless dent removal but I don't know if he can do an aluminum MX

rudywilkjr | 22. September 2016

I also enjoy the Auto Open feature! When you're approaching your X if you notice there is a car too close to your driver side you can tap the fob once to lock the doors and also disable auto-open for 30 seconds. I've used this a couple times to prevent auto-open from opening in a tight spot.

Triggerplz | 22. September 2016

@rudywilkjr I forgot they added that on a recent software update, I'm going to try it out and see if I get that 30 seconds delay if the door is already locked and I tap the fob to lock it.. Thanks

zanegler | 22. September 2016

When I first got my MX, I noticed that squirrel mayhem could be an issue. The poor things don't hear a car and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid certain squirrel death. It's a new world.

Dawnbmartin | 22. September 2016

Triggerplz.. that's not bad at all. What state do u live in? Lol.

@Dawnbmartin I'm in the Tesla tax exempt state of NJ (7%) which saved me $10.500 in sales tax

lilbean | 22. September 2016

Awesome, @triggerplz!

@ thank you cousin Lil Bean

Oops I put my @ in the wrong spot :-)

lilbean | 22. September 2016

@@ps :-) Cousin triggerplz

davediep | 23. September 2016

Love my Sig X too except the middle head rest in the 2nd row seats.
Tesla should make that head rest adjustable so you can lower it when not in use to avoid blocking the rear view.