Forums

Kellyanne Conway: We will blow up the planet

Kellyanne Conway: We will blow up the planet

Clinton launched the slogan at a campaign appearance in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she told supporters, “On Day One of my Administration, I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will not blow up the planet.”

But, even as Clinton spoke, the slogan came under fire from Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, who said that it reflected “the failed policies of the past.”

“The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet,” Conway said. “Donald Trump is offering something different.”

Dont you just love that girl?

KP in NPT | 07. November 2016

LOL! Kellyanne Conway has sold her soul to the devil.

TeslaTap.com | 07. November 2016

I didn't think Conway knew how to tell the truth. Nice to see at least one accurate statement from their camp.

RedShift | 07. November 2016

I was reading somewhere that a few days ago, Steve Brannon's pant leg caught on fire while he was engrossed in crafting a speech next to a bright hot light by the podium.

Liar liar, pants on fire!

SCCRENDO | 07. November 2016

Kelly Ann Conway will disappear into the trash heap after the election

EaglesPDX | 07. November 2016

@sccrendo "Kelly Ann Conway will disappear into the trash heap after the election."

Sadly she won't. She will become a talking head on Fox News for years beating the dead horse of "Hillary rigged the election" which resonates with older white male demographic that is the majority of the GOP, the people who watch Fox News and believe it.

SCCRENDO | 07. November 2016

I dont even think Fox wants her. Maybe Breitbart?

Remnant | 08. November 2016

@Ross (OP, November 7, 2016)

<< Kellyanne Conway: We will blow up the planet ... [HCR] ... in Raleigh, North Carolina, told supporters, “On Day One of my Administration, I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will not blow up the planet.” ... the slogan came under fire from Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, who said that it reflected “the failed policies of the past.” ... “The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet,” Conway said. “Donald Trump is offering something different.” >>

[Don't] you just love that girl? Of course, I do. She simply meant that not blowing up the planet is not sufficient in order to characterize policies.

Your pretended equivalent, "We will blow up the planet" is testimony to the Left's shamelessly dishonest habit of distorting opponents' meanings by quoting out of context and ignoring sarcastic connotations.

dsvick | 08. November 2016

@EaglesPDX - "which resonates with older white male demographic that is the majority of the GOP"

Don't forget the young, angry, "I hate anything not like me", white male demographic as well. - 'merica

SCCRENDO | 08. November 2016

Remnant. We love that girl like the plague. I guess from tomorrow you need to catch her on Trump TV

SUN 2 DRV | 08. November 2016

Remnant: Of course that's not what she meant.... But it IS what she said.

The important take away is that the Trump camp often doesn't mean what it says.

Ross1 | 08. November 2016

The thread is Humor

SCCRENDO | 08. November 2016

Ross. Many a true word is said in jest. Looks like we may get a chance to find out.

compchat | 10. November 2016

@Sccrendo

You declared "Kelly Ann Conway will disappear into the trash heap after the election".

Not so much. Why don't you go riot in the streets with the rest of your crew. And don't try to tell me this is free speech. This is law breaking, illegal vandelism probably paid for by the Clinton Campaign or democratic party.

SCCRENDO | 11. November 2016

Too bad she didn't disappear. I was hoping but got it wrong
First ammendment is still with us. So I guess peaceful protests are still ok. Pity I didn't get the email otherwise I would have been at the protests

ambigon | 08. Januar 2017

Does Kelly Ann Conway even have a soul? If she doesn't (which is my best guess), she can't sell it to the devil. On the other hand, she can, and clearly has, sold it to Donald Trump.

MitchP85D | 08. Januar 2017

Kelly Ann Conway is the first female campaign manager to win a presidential election. That must piss you liberals off!

nyc124b | 09. Januar 2017

"Does Kelly Ann Conway even have a soul?"

A lot more than clinton has!

SCCRENDO | 09. Januar 2017

@nyc124b. Are the "Lock her up" squad still around. Not ready to watch "Make American sick, war torn and poor again"?

Dofpic | 09. Januar 2017

Cant all you little snowflakes just move on? Quit whining! You all sound like a bunch spoiled children. Pathetic.

RedShift | 09. Januar 2017

@dofpic

What was that you had said in the other thread to me? Oh that's right.

'Redshift, Can you stop with the personal insults? Pathetic!'

:-)

@dofpic. So the climate change denier expert imposter doesn't like criticism of the new Emperor and his staff? Sounds like a snowflake to me.

Dofpic | 09. Januar 2017

I did not personally insult anyone or call someone specific a name as you did Redshift. I simply stated all the whining makes you guys sound like spoiled children and that that behavior is pathetic I do not mind criticism. Criticize away. I am fine with that as long as it a specific policy etc. not just name calling as that does not advance anyone's cause. The crying and whining is getting old and makes you guys look like sore losers. I would think you would not want to be seen in that light?

@dofpic

I don't really care what cons call me. I don't pay attention much, because...hey - this is a forum. I was pointing out that calling a group of people a name might not be all that different from what I did. Though I did mention you within that group, which was all the gullible folks (for the lack of a better word :-) ) who voted for him.

VicF | 09. Januar 2017

Not directed at anyone on the forum; but, it is funny how the radical leftists who "fight" intolerance and hate have such hateful intolerance of those who disagree with their positions.

@VicF

Almost as funny as people who call those 'leftists' names to try and shut down valid criticism, no? Very funny indeed!

@vicF. We are just intolerant of the intolerant.

VA Tesla | 10. Januar 2017

+1 Remnant, +1 vicF And a YUGE +1 to Barack Obama for teaching a new generation of Americans why they should never put liberals in charge!

SCCRENDO | 10. Januar 2017

@VA Tesla. We are about to learn why we should never put an unqualified narcissist with the blind swooning backing of a confused Republican congress in charge. Just about to cancel the health insurance of 20-30 million people. Do they have a replacement. Well not really after 7 years of complaining. But I'm sure they will come up with something over the next few years.

Dofpic | 10. Januar 2017

Facts are stubborn things...An inconvenient truth...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-10/u-s-small-business-op...

VA Tesla | 10. Januar 2017

@SCCRENDO et al - rinse and repeat

Dramsey | 10. Januar 2017

"The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet."

Arguably it was not for lack of trying. I mean, how else would you characterize giving tens of billions of dollars to the leading state sponsor of terrorism, a country actively seeking nuclear weapons; a country whose legislators chant "Death to America" at the end of every session?

I know, I know...progressives think that this is just an example that whacky Persian sense of humor. They'll stick to the deal, right?

Well, not according to that right-wing mouthpiece the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/majid-rafizadeh/iran-breached-the-nuclear_...

"Iranian leaders have breached both the resolutions and the nuclear agreement for the third time since the nuclear deal went into effect in January 2016. Iran has repeatedly test-fired, long-range ballistic missiles and laser-guided surface-to-surface missiles."

But I'm not worried: Obama promised there would be "snap-back sanctions" instantly implemented for any such egregious breach. Sanctions coming in three...two..one...

Hey!

Whatever stupid, destructive things the Great Orange One does, he's got a damned high bar to clear.

RedShift | 10. Januar 2017

Right. Let's first start with giving support to Russia. He cleared the bar by a mile. I'm sure he will continue clearing the bars, whatever Obama put.

With Iran, at least we knew what we were supposed to get. That Iran reneged on some parts, well, that happened afterwards. With Russia, we don't even know what we get. No tax return, no revelation, no nothing is known. But that's OK, liberals are such vile trash it makes you run to the bosom of the great orange one!

We can imagine what Putin wants, though. Certainly, he'd want higher oil prices. That's one way to dig out of the hole he drove his country into. One can imagine Trump allowing it, and spinning it as a good thing - we will create more oil jobs here!

I can appreciate Obama's criticism. He has made a fair number of mistakes. Who hasn't. This Trump bloke isn't president for a day, and he has made ten already. And we keep talking about 'what a high bar Obama has set for making mistakes'.

Dramsey | 10. Januar 2017

"Let's first start with giving support to Russia. He cleared the bar by a mile."

Really? On Obama's side of the "Support for Russia" ledger, we have:

-- His open-mike promise to Dmitry Medvedev that he'd have "more flexibility" after his election to a second term.

-- His cancelling of the missile defense shield we'd promised the Czech Republic and Poland. You know, Russia really didn't like it. Hey, sticking with our NATO allies is for saps.

-- Remember when the Ukraine gave their nuclear weapons to Russia in 1994? That was because the U.S. and Britain had signed the Budapest Memorandum. "The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine." And when Russia invaded, we issued a stiff note of protest via the U.N. Bet that makes the Ukrainians feel all warm and fuzzy, knowing the U.S. had their backs!

-- By the administration's own admission, Russia's been hacking U.S. financial, utility, and government systems for at least a decade. Of course, nobody really cared until doing so embarrassed the Democratic Party...

-- We won't even get into all the concessions Obama's made to Russia with regards to that little contretemps in Syria.

I ain't running to Trump's bosom; but like I said: a high bar to clear.

(Hey! Think Obama feels bad about mocking Romney for calling Russia our number one geopolitical foe? You know, the whole "The 80s called. They want their foreign policy back" thing? Or would that require a degree of introspection and self-honestly too at odds with the malignant narcissism that's the core of his character?)

SCCRENDO | 10. Januar 2017

Looks like Trump knows what to do with Russia. Head to Moscow and get a golden shower at the Ritz Carlton Moscow

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Alleg...

RedShift | 10. Januar 2017

May I point out the irony in your statement regarding Russia?

Obama may not have been the staunchest foe of Russia. Right, Trump is now the BFF of Russia. And I think I've figured Trump out on this peculiar propensity. He is playing identity card again here. He thinks it's that simple. I may be foolish in assuming this, but my instinct is that that is what it is , at the core. That, and his untold business dealings and other financial entanglements and secrets that Russia is holding over his head.

Anyways, back to the irony part. If you hated Obama's move towards Russia, why do you give a free pass to Trump's? Hypocrisy is too light a word to describe what Republicans are doing on this subject! For heavens sake, Trump supports Russia fully on Syria. Like I said, Obama made his fair share of mistakes. I myself don't agree with his actions on Syria. Regarding Ukraine, well, I have to educate myself on that, I don't know what treaties were in place before the invasion.

Dofpic | 11. Januar 2017

@sccrendo..You guys must love fake news. Even the NYT did not touch this one.

SCCRENDO | 11. Januar 2017

@Dofpic. Love this one. Could be fake news. But we don't know that yet. Having had over a year of fake news from the Donald lets have a fling. Hope its fake. But probably not

Dr. Pete | 11. Januar 2017

Another irrelevant thread. Can we stick to Tesla topics please people?

bigd | 11. Januar 2017

RedShift | You are far to intelligent for this drunken ramble
"Obama may not have been the staunchest foe of Russia. Right, Trump is now the BFF of Russia." President Obama (and you libs) mocked Romnie for suggesting that Russia was a political foe. I think I heard reset?
"an And I think I've figured Trump out on this peculiar propensity. He is playing identity card again here. He .... I may be foolish (I agree).... Where can I get that tinfoil hat? Anyways, .... free pass to Trump's (well we know that the Clinton/Obama way is not the path to follow? Hypocrisy is too light a word to describe what liberals and democrats are doing on this subject! For heavens sake, do we want a reset with Russia or not ? "fully on Syria." It cant be any worse. Like I said, Trump will make his fair share of mistakes. I myself don't agree with all his ideas (as of now that is all they are) but am willing to see how they flourish. It just amazes me that one group has yelled for years that "those jobs will not come back to America" and yet they are already coming back. And he is not even sworn in yet.

bigd | 11. Januar 2017

SCCRENDO You have really disappointed me here, "Love this one. Could be fake news." Repeating something that you know is bunk is as bad as starting it. I have defended you and red and others, even when I didn't agree with you, But if you are going to go to CNN levels I am out.

bigd | 11. Januar 2017

meant I have defended you and red and others from the likes of Johndoe and others....

RedShift | 11. Januar 2017

@bigd

Talk about rambling.

@bigd. Sorry to disappoint. At least I admitted it could be fake news. Thought it was funny anyway. Guess what goes around comes around. More credible than Trump calling Obama Muslim and non citizen, accusing Cruz's dad of assasinating Lee Harvey Oswald. Guess Trump cannot deal with being on the receiving end.

Watch Trevor Noah's take on this.
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/mfgs2q/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-j... | via @ComedyCentral App

If you don't have the Comedy Central app try this
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/mfgs2q/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-j...

RedShift | 12. Januar 2017

@dofpic

"
Dofpic | January 11, 2017
@sccrendo..You guys must love fake news. Even the NYT did not touch this one"

If you see how petulant and riled up our president-to-be Russian stooge was about it, Americans will start to worry if it is indeed true. Of course, we don't know, just like his tax returns. I do hope they complete that darn audit. Actually, IRS has never even said whether they are auditing the stooge.

SCCRENDO | 12. Januar 2017

The 2 page memo may not have been verified as yet but we do know the source who wrote it
http://nbcnews.to/2j2DO7H

bigd | 12. Januar 2017

RedShift | "Talk about rambling." I agree it was not well written. If you need any clarifications let me know Old friend
SCCRENDO ."Sorry to disappoint" I was overdramatic. Just surprised as you seem to repeat things that you strongly believe is fact and not the "gossiper" kind of person.

SCCRENDO | 12. Januar 2017

@bigd. getting peed on does not disqualify one to be president. Just thought it was funny. He is always mocking others in a sick way so I am laughing at how he is squirming. This is just potentially embarrassing stuff that is no big deal. What could be more serious is if the Russians do indeed have stuff to blackmail him with. His stubborn resistance in not being transparent in releasing his tax returns gives one cause for real concern.

compchat | 12. Januar 2017

@Sccrendo said:

SCCRENDO | November 7, 2016
Kelly Ann Conway will disappear into the trash heap after the election"

Hasn't happened yet and don't think it will.

You're still not over loosing the election. HILLARY LOST. Get on the Trump Train and help America be GREAT AGAIN. The past 8 years have been disasterous unless your Jimmy Fallon and have Michelle Obama on the show.

compchat | 12. Januar 2017

BTW, CNN is the worst, most bias, lying news organization I've ever witnessed. Disgraceful. The lies and stories they've told about Trump actually helped him get elected. Everytime they lied about him, I contributed more money to the Trump campaign. Some black reporter from CNN called Trumps' election a "white Lash"....that got trump another $100. Keep it up liberal liars. You are only making Trump more powerful with his base.

Pages