Forums

Tesla 3 delivery

Tesla 3 delivery

My Nissan Leaf lease expires in October and am willing to use an old Prius for several months 'til the Tesla is delivered. Any news on a delivery sequence yet?

EaglesPDX | 01. April 2017

up

Carl Thompson | 01. April 2017

No, no news yet. It's possible we won't know more until June or July.

Carl

Captain_Zap | 02. April 2017

Eagles doesn't know what he is talking about.

Carl Thompson | 02. April 2017

@EaglesPDX

Tesla says they're on schedule for deliveries this year so we might as well believe them. And they are also postponing high-profit options like dual-motors and performance to _make sure_ they stay on schedule. I commend the company for giving up some profits to make sure they stay on schedule.

Carl

EaglesPDX | 02. April 2017

To AWD, that is not on the table for the initial production run of cars in 2017. Plus 2017 cars will be delivered to employees and founders. I could see Tesla maybe special building an handful of T3 AWD's to test parts etc but other than that, sticking with Tesla's 6-9 months from July production and fact that initial production cars are RWD only.

KP in NPT | 02. April 2017

OP: no one here knows when non-employees will start seeing cars. I expect we will start to know more after production. And Eagles is a troll. Sorry about that.

Carl Thompson | 02. April 2017

Eagles has his own point of view with which that many don't agree but that's OK. Everyone doesn't have to agree on everything. My opinion is that cars _will_ be delivered this year but the ramp up to higher production numbers will be much slower than the best-case scenarios Tesla puts out there.

Carl

akgolf | 02. April 2017

Trolls gotta troll and trolls gotta protect other trolls.

mos6507 | 02. April 2017

The number posts whining and complaining about so-called trolls is far more annoying than the so-called troll posts themselves. Stop wasting bandwidth guys and just use the down arrow instead of the SAVE button.

M3forMe | 02. April 2017

@mos6507 +1

SoFlaModel3 | 03. April 2017

@mos unfortunately that's not a perfect solution. New posters come on here looking for guidance and very well may believe someone like Eagles.

KP in NPT | 03. April 2017

+1 SoFla. Exactly.

dyefrog | 03. April 2017

Carl/Mos
Does this sound like an opinion or a statement of fact?
"EaglesPDX | April 2, 2017
The first new customer deliveries won't be until early 2018."
Do we have legitimate, vetted, information counter to that statement?
Certainly, and if Pigeon had a reservation, he would know that.
"Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. Deliveries will begin in late 2017. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation"
For either of you or anybody for that matter to defend such irresponsible, prolific manure spreading is unacceptable. You're no better.

Marino Model 3 | 03. April 2017

Question: My son reserved the Model 3, on March 31, 2016 as soon as reservation opened, I reserved mine on April 1, 2016. My son is thinking about cancelling his reservation my question is: If my son cancels, can I take his reservation so I can get my model 3 sooner? and what are my chances of receiving my model 3 by the end of this year?

SamO | 03. April 2017

To Eagle/Carl/Mos,

Why were you banned on TMC?

Or why are you defending a BANNED troll?

Thanks for playing.

@diaz - I would contact tesla and ask about this. The last information i remember is that it would be handled on a case by case basis. I don't think anyone here has the answer but it is assumed transferring to family would be allowed.

Carl Thompson | 03. April 2017

@dyefrog

That's obviously an opinion.

I think the point is no one should be policing the opinions of other people and applying their own narrow filter of what is acceptable to say or talk about. It was a mistake for Tesla to give only owners the ability to flag posts and topics for removal because it gives a small group of hardcore bullies the power to control and what everyone else says. To me that's wrong.

For example, my topic where I talk about the negative affects of self-driving vehicles (job loss, affect on traffic and housing prices, etc) was deleted. There were a lot of good quality comments in that thread. Is that such a terrible subject to talk about that it should be banned from discussion and removed so that no one can even see what was said?

Carl

SamO | 03. April 2017

Here are the bears. Say goodbye.

charts.stocktwits.com/production/original_68747951.gif?1481137103

There is a difference between expressing opinions and stating opinion as fact meant to mislead.

SamO | 03. April 2017

To Eagle,

Why were you banned on TMC?

Carl,

Why are you defending a BANNED troll?

Thanks for playing.

triangles | 03. April 2017

dyefrog. I believe the answer is no. Tesla explicitly said that reservations were not transferable to prohibit people from making early reservations and then selling their spot in line later down the road. They have also said they may make exceptions due to extenuating circumstances. I highly doubt your situation would be something they would consider. The only way to find out would be to contact Tesla. Being your reservation was made 4/1 I doubt your wait would be that much longer than your son's.

triangles | 03. April 2017

Oops I meant diaz7 not dyefrog

@KP

"There is a difference between expressing opinions and stating opinion as fact meant to mislead."

You are rationalizing your own bad behavior. Let everyone decide for themselves whether Eagle's opinions have merit or not. No one asked you to decide for them. If you believe Eagles is saying something misleading then post a comment saying so. Don't personally attack, insult, belittle and censor his posts.

You're not doing any of us any favors.

Carl

SamO | 03. April 2017

@Carl,

Why are you defending someone who was already banned from another forum for identical behavior?

@carl - neither are you. As Eagles posts his droppings on every thread, you launch debates in every thread. I thought you said you'd work on that?

Eagles "opinions" will be corrected when they are lies or deliberately deceptive and that will not stop just because you think he should be "free" to troll.

dyefrog | 03. April 2017

Carl;
You're being stubbornly irrational to defend your position and support of misleading information. We have evidence as stated above that the statement "The first new customer deliveries won't be until early 2018." is blatantly false. It was not prefaced by "I think", or IMHO, or any other caveat presupposing opinion. These are exactly the kinds of troll-like behaviors that the long standing owners (I'm not one, just a chastised and ridiculed new model 3 reservation holder) take to heart. How does putting a negative spin on any snippet of information, even when exposed as outdated, superseded, or misconstrued help in the advancement of sustainable transport. If you call yourself an enthusiast and proponent of the Tesla mission, you can't in good conscience give any credibility or defense of such malicious and intentional negativity. Man up and call a spade a spade. Your suggestions are of little consequence to the damage done by this egregious misuse of a public unmoderated forum. Not cool.

+1 dyefrog. Well said.

dyefrog:
""The first new customer deliveries won't be until early 2018." is blatantly false."

It's not blatantly false unless you have a time machine. It might be correct. It might not. It's his opinion.

dyefrog | 03. April 2017

"Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. Deliveries will begin in late 2017."
In writing.
From Tesla
Prove it wrong or shut up.

SamO | 03. April 2017

Carl is getting so desperate. The shorts are having a hell-of-a time. Carl Icahn, is that you?

Why were you banned from TMC?

dyefrog:
"Deliveries will begin in late 2017."
In writing.
From Tesla
Prove it wrong or shut up."

Tesla also said Model X deliveries would start in early 2014. They didn't start until September 2015. Tesla was also late hitting production targets with the Model S and with the Roadster. Tesla has never delivered a car on time in the numbers it promised.

Tesla also said highly optioned Model 3s would come first. Things change.

I think the 3 will be out this year but it's certainly a possibility it won't and I have no problem with someone believing it won't.

Carl

dyefrog | 03. April 2017

Carl;
You're entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts. I can be as pedantic as you. The wording is specific to, "Deliveries will begin in late 2017." Not "expected to begin", "hope to begin", "if all goes well,....."
These are the facts as we know them as of 4/3/17. It's certainly possible that a repeat of the Model X debut could happen and at the appropriate time, Tesla will most likely inform us to the delay. Until that happens, these are the facts as we know them. An appeal to tradition may end up correct but by no means is a guaranteed outcome. If anything, if you want to use that argument, one could say, "so far, Tesla has hit every target so far on the Model 3 so it's a foregone conclusion that they will continue to do so.
I'm not making any promise or guarantee that Tesla will in fact, meet their self imposed goal of "Deliveries will begin in late 2017", only that according to the "official" corporate claim on this topic, it's factually incorrect to say definitively that deliveries will begin in 2018. If each of Pigeons posts started with a disclaimer that stated "the following is my thoughts and opinions" then I wouldn't have as much of an issue. Then it would be a simple debate.

dyefrog:
"You're entitled to your own opinion, just not your own facts. I can be as pedantic as you. The wording is specific to, 'Deliveries will begin in late 2017.' Not 'expected to begin', 'hope to begin', 'if all goes well,.....' "

Do you really believe that when Tesla says "Deliveries will begin in late 2017" it doesn't actually mean "Deliveries are expected begin in late 2017?" You believe that because Tesla wrote the word "will" it's locked in and nothing can possibly change it?

I think the Model 3 will debut on time but it's a perfectly valid and not unreasonable point of view to believe that it won't. If you don't agree post saying you don't agree. But personal attacks and deleting posts are not warranted for a difference in opinion.

Carl

SamO | 03. April 2017

1. It's an unreasonable point of view to pretend your opinion is the official position of Tesla.

2. When caught, It is an unreasonable point of view to pretend you didn't just do that thing, which you were pretending to do in #1.

dyefrog | 03. April 2017

Carl;
I've not personally attacked you,........yet. Have I?
You may have glossed over my post as evidenced by:
"You believe that because Tesla wrote the word "will" it's locked in and nothing can possibly change it?"

When in the next paragraph I write:
"I'm not making any promise or guarantee that Tesla will in fact, meet their self imposed goal of "Deliveries will begin in late 2017", only that according to the "official" corporate claim on this topic, it's factually incorrect to say definitively that deliveries will begin in 2018"

Obviously, s**t happens Carl. But we only know what we know. Would I bet the farm that they will deliver by EOY? Not a chance. Would I bet something significant? Certainly. But then again, I'm not a member of that League of hand wringers or whatever Red Sage calls them. Does Tesla believe that they will deliver by EOY? That is their claim and until they tell me otherwise, I'm going to remain optimistic that they will, rather than listen to some delusional, psychotic, ignoramus the likes of Pigeon. Now that was a personal insult and I take full credit and responsibility.

SamO | 03. April 2017

[slow clap]

lar_lef | 03. April 2017

Who's on first?

lar_lef | 03. April 2017

not whose first, old guy like me referring to old abbot and costello routine.

Pkalhan | 03. April 2017

I have nothing to say about what the OP was asking, but wanted to point out that the below post was probably the funniest posts I have ever read on this forum...god bless you KP. The part about the "droppings" and the "I thought you were going to work on that?" still has me laughing and sadly, I am at work and a co-worked friend was wanting to know what was so funny!

KP in NPT | April 3, 2017
@carl - neither are you. As Eagles posts his droppings on every thread, you launch debates in every thread. I thought you said you'd work on that?

Eagles "opinions" will be corrected when they are lies or deliberately deceptive and that will not stop just because you think he should be "free" to troll.

SamO | 03. April 2017

Who's on second.

RedPillSucks | 03. April 2017

Wonder whether the OP got anything out of this...

My uninformed understanding is that Tesla announced that reservation holders would start receiving cars by 3rd(?) quarter 2017, but that new customers (not on the reservation list as of???) wouldn't see deliveries until 2018.

Frank99 | 03. April 2017

I have a different take on E's value to the community.
I can grudgingly accept statements like "The first new customer deliveries won't be until early 2018" as being a statement of opinion. I happen to disagree with it, but opinions are like that. I think E would cause far less strife here if he were to phrase such statements as "I think the first new customer deliveries won't be until early 2018", but he has directly refused such counsel in the past so I find it likely that causing strife is his goal.

The unforgiveable sin against the community that he commits is in a different set of statements:
"With the most optimistic delivery goal of 35,000 in 2017", "Again this is the MOST optimistic deliver scenario from Tesla.", "Here's the link to the Q4 report for the 25,000-35,0000 T3's in 2017. https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/tesla-sell-25000-35000-t3s-2017-9" (Note that the link is dead; either E deleted the thread, or it was flagged and deleted by owners).
Here he's making a direct factual claim about Tesla's expected production for 2017, backing it up with a reference to Tesla's statements. Well, I listened to the call, and I read over the transcripts, and nowhere could I find anything that backed up E's statements. So I asked him (in the deleted thread, IIRC) to quote the section that backed up his claims - and got nothing but silence back. Stating something as a fact, and being wrong, is human. Stating something as a fact, being wrong, refusing to admit being wrong, and continuing to make the same wrong statement might get you elected President of the USA, but it's dishonest and shows a disturbing lack of integrity. This is the reason that the community should turn their backs on E and treat him as the pariah he insists on being.

By the way, should you listen to the call or read the transcripts, the only comments about Model 3 production next year are "So, when we place parts orders with our suppliers, we've told them 1,000 a week in July, 2,000 a week in August, and 4,000 a week in September. ". I read that, and assume that parts orders will continue through the end of the year at 4000/week, which would lead to about 76,000 sets of parts for next year. This would be backed up by the statement that "Well, I feel pretty confident that we should get there by the end of this year, to 5,000 a week" Assuming that none of the parts delivered in December get built into cars that get delivered in 2017 leads to about 60,000 Model 3's getting built this year.

/frank

Frank99 | 03. April 2017

eastbrook06 -
When did you reserve your Model 3? The 60,000 guess for 2017 that I provide above would suggest (IMHO) that if you're in the US, and you reserved prior to the opening of online orders on March 31, you stand a good chance of getting your car this year. If you stood in line in the US, your chance is (IMHO) very good.

I would combine that with Elon's statement in the Q4 call of "That's 500,000 vehicles in total, Model S, Model 3, and Model X combined next year should – as far as the information I have at my disposal right now, I believe that is the most likely outcome.", to guess that everyone in the world who reserved in the first week has a good chance of getting their car by the end of 2018.