Forums

Purchasing tesla 2014 model S 60 w

Purchasing tesla 2014 model S 60 w

So I’m purchasing this vehicle for a commute that is 100 mile some days more. round-trip per day for $47,900. It’s hard to really tell if this is a good value or not. I would love some recommendations on the intended use of this vehicle with the commute and the purchase price. I’ve listed the features below 26,000 miles and reported in excellent condition with no scratches or accidents. Thanks for the help.

60 w
Features include the following:
Midnight Grey Metallic Paint
Autopilot with convenience features (Summon; Auto-Park; Auto-Lane Change)
Tan Leather Seats
19" Wheels
Body Color Roof
Piano Black Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
Standard Headliner
Free Supercharging
Keyless Entry
Power Liftgate
GPS Enabled Homelink

Tech Package with Autopilot

The Tech Package adds a host of features to an already advanced car.

Autopilot convenience features available through software updates
Onboard maps and navigation for North America with free updates for 7 years
LED running lights, cornering lights, and fog lamps
Automatic keyless entry
Lighted door handles
Power liftgate (hatch door)
Electrochromatic mirrors
Power folding, heated side mirrors
GPS enabled Homelink (will automatically open garage doors and gates based upon location)
Memory seats, mirrors, and driver profiles

Other options include:
Blackvue DR650S 2-Channel Dashcam ($350)
Grey/Teal Powder Coated Rims ($600)
Tesla Fire Red Powder Coated Calipers ($400

CNSMS | 12. Februar 2018

The price doesn’t sound bad if it’s a Tesla CPO with their warranty. If it’s not a Tesla CPO the price is on the high side since there is no Tesla warranty unless the original buyer had purchased a Tesla extended warranty. If it’s not a Tesla CPO i would suggest having it checked over at a Tesla service center before purchasing. Not sure what the cost would be to have it checked over, but if you call the service center I’m sure they can tell you.

jkellner | 12. Februar 2018

This was listed as the warranty. Cleaning three years extended warranty “Excellent condition, no accidents, scratches, dents or dings. 3 year warranty remains of the vehicle through Tesla (same type of warranty as buying it new). I am buying it from an individual not directly from Tesla.

Claiming three years

CNSMS | 12. Februar 2018

My 2014 S60 (23,000 miles) still gets 213 rated miles on a full charge. Keep in mind if you are driving in cold temps in the winter your rated range will take a hit. If you don’t precondition before leaving it can be as much as a 30% loss on the rated miles. Preconditioning will minimize the loss in rated miles.

CNSMS | 12. Februar 2018

If you get the Vin, call Tesla and they can tell you what kind of warranty coverage the car has. You might also be able to find out what annual services the car has had. Annual services are not required, but are highly recommendded.

CNSMS - I called them with the van and they wouldn’t release any information to me on it. They also told me they would not transfer it until I had the title or vehicle registration. Which I’m not sure I’m going to have until after I get home from Tampa Florida next week. Not sure how they transfer electronic ownership.

Preconditioning should not be a problem at the house before I leave for the office. Do you think 100 mile round-trip commute daily would be reasonable for this type of vehicle?

CNSMS | 12. Februar 2018

If the seller purchased the car new in 2014 then the new car warranty will expire at some point this year. The extended warranty is not the same as the new car warranty. If the seller purchased the car as a CPO late 2016 or early 2017 then they would have about 3 years left on the CPO warranty which is just like the new car.

Tesla doesn’t recommend charging to 100% on a regular basis. For daily charging 90% or less is recommended. At 90% I get 193 rated miles even if you have 30% loss without preconditioning you would still have about 30 rated miles to spare. If you have a way of charging at work (even a 110 @ 3 to 4 miles/hr) would give you some additional miles for the return trip.

CNSMS | 12. Februar 2018

Once you provide proof of ownership Tesla will update their system (usually within 24 hrs) and move the vin to your tesla account. You will then see the car when you login.

Welcome to the family. You will absolutely enjoy driving the car. I have owned a number of cars over the years, but none that I have enjoyed driving as much as the Tesla. You will look for reason to drive the car. Safe travels on your trip home.

buickguy | 12. Februar 2018

100-mile round trip will be easy for the car and go too fast each day! Enjoy the ride!

Thanks guys, can’t wait.