Here’s my first impressions:
- As compared to our Dec 2014 85S, there are so many upgrades. To name a few:
Better, more comfortable seats (leather in S versus faux leather in 3)
Awesome fan/ventilation system in which you can split the airflow
Lighted vanity mirrors
- Handling is incredible. This size of car suits me much better than the S. It is really peppy and hugs the curves well when driving. I prefer this sized car over our S and my 6 foot tall husband doesn’t feel crammed in it at all. It has much more headroom than the S.
- Visibility out of front windshield is amazing. Though we won’t use the backseat, the arm rest is a nice feature.
- Delivery process in Devon was very smooth. These guys in Devon are great. They were very patient with us. We spent about an hour and a half there even though we are already very familiar with the S. Some things on the screen are in different locations so I appreciated the thorough walk-through.
- Phone app and key cards - we tested both of our phones and both of our key cards a few times since leaving and so far so good. I don’t want to jinx it but I had fully anticipated issues with this since reading multiple reports on the forums.
- * Tip the delivery specialist gave me: there’s a little slip of paper in the car which describes how to install another phone cable. However, one step is missing and it’s not exactly intuitive. After you remove the rubber mat from the tray and access the little plastic part you need to thread the cable through, you need to slide the bottom cover to the LEFT to remove. This might not make sense just reading it but will once you see the little tray. He made sure to tell me as he had fumbled around with it himself trying to pry it off many other ways. Also, at this time, Devon has no extra iPhone cables to sell us. They need to be ordered online.
***Bottom line: This car is well worth the wait! I couldn’t love it any more than I do. My husband commented that he actually likes it more than his S which I didn’t think would ever come out of his mouth about ANY car. I see a second Model 3, likely the AWD, in our future!