Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Abstract Ocean Vinyl Console Wrap Installation

edited November -1 in Model 3
I've struggled miserably trying to install the Abstract Ocean Vinyl Console Wrap in my new Model 3. Does anyone have any suggestions for places that install these for you in the Chicagoland area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    I know the pain. I'm usually good at stuff like that. I bought vinyl wrap and an installation kit with all the tools and I ended up going to the pros, Sticker City in SoCal. You could go to the XPel website to locate an installer in your area. http://www.xpel.com/locator/search/clearbra_installers/
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks for the advice. I tried a couple already with no luck, but I still am awaiting responses from a few.
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks for the advice. I tried a couple already with no luck, but I still am awaiting responses from a few.
  • edited November -1
    You're welcome :).
  • I’ve been thinking about doing the console wrap too. If I decide to remove it in a couple of years (gets damaged or is peeling/bubbling), does it remove cleanly (no residue or glue)? I’m new to potentially using wrap material.
  • edited November -1
    Yes. Removing it is clean. Applying heat first helps.
  • Thanks libean.
  • edited May 2018
    You're welcome. :)
  • edited May 2018
    @Lester Green - If you find an installer in the Chicagoland area, please let us know! Thanks.
  • @Lester Green, @ahankes- same here. Also in Chicago and looking for a quality installer for console wrap
  • edited May 2018
    X-Treme Graphics & Lettering did respond and say they could do it. They charge $75/hour and they didn’t say how long it would take. I assume 1 hour. I haven’t used them yet as I need to obtain a replacement middle cover.

X-Treme Graphics & Lettering, Inc
    1000 N. Ridge Ave Lombard, IL.60148
    tel 630-495-5400
  • Thanks @Lester!
  • edited June 2018
    @Lester Green, taking delivery of my black 3 on 6/5 and also looking for an installer in Chicago area to do the console wrap and tint. If you get any more leads or get it done at X-Treme, please share feedback. Thanks!
  • edited June 2018
    Will do
  • edited June 2018
    I installed the Black Matrix wrap myself and I think it turned out great. I didn’t find the installation difficult at all. The vinyl is pretty forgiving.

https://flic.kr/p/J5pBzi
  • edited November -1
    I also think it was pretty straightforward with the carbon fiber from abstract ocean. It just takes a lot of patience and fine motor skills.
    Here's my install eperience: http://www.thebrainspike.com/tesla-model-3-carbon-fiber-center-console/
  • edited April 2019
    I did the black carbon also. Absolutely love the results. I really liked the piano black. But it only keeps clean looking a few minutes.
  • edited April 2019
    @ODWms totally agree