Model 3

Bluetooth Echo

edited November -1 in Model 3
Whenever someone calls or we have an outgoing call on the car the person on the other side gets a very annoying echo. Any ideas on cause/fix?

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Anyone?
  • edited June 2018
    My son reported the same thing when I called him from my model 3.
  • edited June 2018
    i've experienced this for the past week or so. When the call originates from M3 or someone calls into the M3 (from landline or cell).
  • edited June 2018
    Do you live in an area with bad cell phone reception? A friend always fades out if he is in a certajn area and another friend lives near Killington mountain and sounds bad when he calls from his car. It might also be something with your phobe. Can you pair a different phone to the car and see if you have the same problem?
    Also do you have anything else plugged in like a radar detector that might cause electrical interference. If I plug my cell phone charger into my phone and run a cable from the phones earpiece jack to the aux in jack on the radio on my other car, it causes a lot of distortion in the sound.
  • edited June 2018
    Have the same problem and talked to technical service. They it it is common on all Bluetooth calls from most cars.
  • edited June 2018
    Have the same issue. Came here to check and seems like it’s a bigger problem than just me.

It’s the cars issue. Reported at other forums too
  • edited June 2018
    "They it it is common on all Bluetooth calls from most cars."

Not my experience with any of my cars.
  • edited June 2018
    Not my experience either and I call BS on them but I got no help from Tesla, just the excuse
  • edited June 2018
    This is same on both of our phones, so definitely not a phone issue. Nothing else connnected to the car’s Bluetooth. Bad enough that it makes the car unusable for most calls and all work calls. (Oh, and total BS on the all Bluetooth connections do that.)
  • edited June 2018
    I have the same thing, and it's terrible. I'm constantly using the headset to avoid the echos.

I've used the 'report a bug' feature to share this situation, my frustration should have been conveyed as well.

What bothers me is how Tesla is missing the mark on simple things that everyone has nailed. Imagine if model 3's Bluetooth was a aftermarket product sold online. It wouldn't get 1/2 a star in reviews.

But, knowing Tesla I'm sure they'll fix it - until then }^#}%%{#
  • edited June 2018
    Same issue here. Switch to speaker phone and it goes away. Back to Tesla and it echos them.

It’s an issue for me just with the last firmware 24.x.

Hope fixed for next version.
  • edited June 2018
    we have had it on firmware 18 and 21. @michaelB have you already received 24?
  • edited June 2018
    Oops! Was just reading about 24.x - meant 21.x.
  • edited November -1
    It has been a problem on the some of the latest updates on the newer iPhones particularly when attached to an Apple Watch. I was in fact losing the bluetooth connection to the car during phone calls. Tesla recommended I delete the phone connection from the car and the car connection from the phone, reboot both and set the phone connection up again as new. This solved the problem for me.
  • edited June 2018
    I have had the same thing, but only once or twice. Not in M3, but with a Sony head unit in my pickup, over bluetooth. Stopping the call and calling back fixed it in both instances. Echo could be microphone feedback stuff, a software fix should be able to resolve.
  • edited June 2018
    I haven’t experienced this on any of my firmwares from 4.6 to 21.9.
  • edited June 2018
    I noticed this issue upon getting update 21.x. Phone support said they have been getting a lot of calls on this issue. They acknowledged it is a firmware issue and is likely to be fixed on the next update...allegedly.
  • edited June 2018
    Nightmare. I live on my phone. Just upgraded from 2015 S, which didn’t have this problem. My brand new one does it constantly. Curious, what kind of phones you all have? I have iPhone X and have heard that they’ve had trouble with some devices. Anyone out there with issue on phones other than iPhone X??
  • edited June 2018
    Yup... had this problem today. :(
  • edited June 2018
    @marcus - Iphone 7 here, not related to the X.
  • edited June 2018
    As SCCRENDO said....I found this.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/bluetooth-mic-audio-problems#comment-1349856

Put Apple Watch in airplane mode.
  • edited June 2018
    @jjgunn & @Sccrendo the problem I am describing (and which most others here are also seconding) is completely different than the one described in the link you attached. The Apple Watch/iphone X issue is a described as static and cracking. This is an echo problem. I will try to record today and post a link.

Are neither of you experiencing this issue on your Model 3s?
  • edited June 2018
    Experienced the echo problem this last week when using iPhone 6.
  • edited June 2018
    Is there any way of checking the Bluetooth version in the car?

My MX doesn't show up until Wednesday. :-)
  • edited June 2018
    Anyone tested this on the 24 software build?