Model S

coat hooks now available

edited November -1 in Model S
https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/coat-hooks.html

Coat hooks are now available in black and white, and cream is "coming soon". I guess I'm SOL because my MS has the gray interior.

And this is only for the 2nd gen MS front seats.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Black would work with gray. (I'll bet that your grey interior has some black areas.) But I guess you are SOL if you have the wrong seats.
  • edited June 2018
    $50????
  • edited June 2018
    "$50????"

It's Tesla.
  • edited November -1
    They are about $15 more (per pair) then the ones I've seen at other sites. And based on the quality of the other stuff, I think I'll order these.
  • edited June 2018
    than
  • edited November -1
    Silver2K | June 23, 2018
    $50????

Cheaper to buy a new coat.
  • edited June 2018
    I have tan leather and will have to wait for the right color but will get them. I like the placement better than on the sides. Borg had a method of making them also but I didn't like it as it involved using the pano which I didn't want to mess with.
  • edited November -1
    Interesting. I made a 3d printer model for coat hooks that go overhead on the headliner. When I was doing that, I was also looking at the seat back and wondering if something could be done there - apparently the answer is yes! Might give it a whirl to see if we can get a model for seat back coat hooks.
  • edited June 2018
    Interesting, we have a 3 d printer, too bad cant post pics. Do u have a link to the design?
  • edited June 2018
    충돌
  • edited November -1
    충돌
  • edited November -1
    I can not wait to see what Tesla comes up with for a pieced together light for our vanity mirrors!!! LOL
  • edited November -1
    @Bighorn has gone Fung Shui!
  • edited June 2018
    他被黑客入侵了

That’s my best thing translation at “he’s been hacked”
  • edited June 2018
    @rxlawdude. @Bighorn has gone somewhere, completely nutty perhaps.
  • edited June 2018
    @Big's messages just say "crash." Where's the REAL Bighorn????
  • edited June 2018
    If you have the Pano or full glass roof in a Model S, you don't need hooks. Just hang it from the edge of the headliner.
  • edited June 2018
    Lay it on the parcel shelf
  • edited November -1
    He was just bumping past the spam.
  • edited June 2018
    @Yodrak., yes, my gray interior MS does have some black trim pieces, and I thought about how the black coat hooks would look near the top of the headrests in gray. Maybe it would look OK. Maybe if I have more of a need for coat hooks... But I know that things come and go from shop.tesla.com at unpredictable times; if I really want it, I need to order it now while it is available. But damn, $50 for these 2 pieces?
  • edited June 2018
    That's about 2 cents worth of plastic. Honestly they should send every owner these for free, the car should have come with them in the proper place above the rear window, not some cheap snap on the back of seat solution.
  • edited June 2018
    The box they come in cost more to manufacture than the plastic hooks did. Agree with Craig1965, they should be free for the asking.
  • edited June 2018
    Yep
  • edited June 2018
    Especially since EVERY car made in the last 50 years that cost over $2000 have them standard, lol
  • edited November -1
    They weren't on the cars when we bought them. We all knew that. So if you want them, buy these, someone else's, or 3D print 'em yourself. Pretty simple.