Energy Products

Solar Roof deposit refund

edited November -1 in Energy Products
I recently asked Tesla for a refund of my $1000 deposit since no one has contacted me for over 9 months.
Anyone else asked for a refund? How quickly did Tesla respond?

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Where are you located?
  • edited July 2018
    Hi Druid. Did you every get Tesla to contact you? I cancelled my order and have been waiting ~8 months for a refund of the deposit.
  • edited August 2018
    I had the same issue. I waited a year and no one contacted me. I requested my refund and now have waited about 3 months and not received anything. Anyone know the best way to follow up with Tesla?
  • edited August 2018
    Adding another refund request to the list. We just cancelled this week after hearing of a likely 2-3 year wait from a Tesla Energy rep here in Florida.

The site said the credit will appear on our credit card within 30 days. If not I assume one can just call Tesla and request the refund in person.
  • edited August 2018
    You are able to cancel the refund yourself, if you'd like, through your MyTesla account. If you click "Manage" on your Solar Roof reservation, you can cancel the reservation right there.
  • edited September 2018
    I HAVE BEEN IN CONSTRUCTION FOR OVER 35 YEARS.....THEIR ABILITY TO INSTALL YOUR SOLAR ROOF IS COMPARABLE TO THEIR ABILITY TO CURE CANCER. RUN FOLKS, THESE ARE THE HIGHEST LEVEL IDIOTS....PERIOD. I HATED MY BUY PROCESS FOR MY GF MODEL X AND THESE IDIOTS ON THE SOLAR SIDE ARE ARGUABLY MORE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE/MORONIC. COULDNT HATE THIS COMPANY MORE. HOPING MY GF CAR BURNS DOWN SOON SO WE CAN GET RID OF IT. F TELSA F DIPSTICK ELON....
  • edited September 2018
    Kobe it sounds like you worked in that field for 35 yrs. You should take your girls car and drive it off a cliff. Do her a favor. Do u all a favor. But knowing Tesla's,,,, you would survive it
  • edited September 2018
    us*
  • edited September 2018
    us*
  • edited September 2018
    I cancelled my order approx. 7/15/2018. I've heard nor received nothing. I assume this is now just money lost. And a good lesson relative to dealing with Tesla.