Model 3

Yes, it's REAL! Tesla opened up Model 3 invites to MANY reservation holders in USA and Canada [EDITE

edited June 2018 in Model 3
Link here

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-opens-model-3-invites-all-remaining-reservation-holders/

When?

TODAY: 06/27/2018

Reserved 04/06/2016, Online, San Diego, CA

Configured today, Whooohooo! Now we wait!

I could also configure my 2nd reservation made 06/11/2018, but waiting for SR.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    I had the same question. I haven’t received an invite yet.
  • edited June 2018
    After Tesla receives their $2500
  • edited June 2018
    CNET didn't cite a source and no one else is reporting it, but I hope it's true. I keep hitting refresh on my account.
  • edited June 2018
    Electrek is now reporting that "we are getting reports of Tesla is sending out a massive new batch of invitations to configure along with those changes."
    https://electrek.co/2018/06/26/tesla-model-3-update-options-pricing-dual-motor/
  • JADJAD
    edited November -1
    Just ordered my P3!!!!!!!!!!!!! No email, but was in the configurator.
  • edited June 2018
    I'm about to pickup my MX tomorrow.

No configurator for me & yes I've had a reservation since Feb 2017.

I guess owners get pushed to the back of the line. That's ok :-)
  • edited June 2018
    Just configured, delivery estimate September to November ‘18. Hurray!!!!!
    AWD, Red, 18” Aero, EAP.
  • JADJAD
    edited June 2018
    @jjgunn, I am an owner and in store order in CA, invited to configure late December, ordered one in April and got the AWD option tonight.
  • edited June 2018
    Hang on a sec. Are a few of you saying the ability to order has just opened up for you, even without yet getting an invitation email? Or are you folks who’d previously been invited, but were waiting for AWD or something, and those features just now appeared?

Dumb question: what does ability to order look like? Do I go to my Manage page, and there will be a button or link I haven’t seen before?
  • edited June 2018
    Option to order opened for me without the email invite, but the invite did show up later tonight. I was invited to order RWD months ago and was waiting for the ability to configure AWD. That's what opened up today. It's a new order page that allows you to check options that were previously listed as available in the future.
  • edited June 2018
    It appears they are still on day 1and 2 for orders. Performance is now.... depends on day you ordered. Otherwise if you never out a deposit down then it says 4-6 months which is December so what was the point of the $1k
  • edited June 2018
    Likely--I was a day 1 line stander.
  • edited June 2018
    I was an early day 2 reservation and have yet to get an email or gain access to configurator. Still waiting...
  • edited June 2018
    Day 2 here. Still waiting for "in a few days.".
  • edited June 2018
    Day 2 morning, nothing here.
  • edited June 2018
    Day 3... Looks like I've been bumped to late this year, early next year for delivery if I just want first production now (if the 3-5 months bit is correct). At this rate I might just pick up an Audi RS3 and wait and see what Tesla's are like in a few years.
  • edited June 2018
    Early Day 2 as well. Nothing.
  • edited June 2018
    @stevea137 I'm a day 7 (or 8? 4/7/16) res and my delivery estimate still says July-Sept '18 for First Production. Where are you seeing that you were bumped to late this year/early next year for first production delivery?
  • edited June 2018
    @maintreqd - The new configuration screens say 3-5 month delivery time for LR/PUP and AWD (non P). That seems to imply they have shifted all production to performance models (highest profit margin). Make the appropriate "Elon' time adjustment factor to that 3-5 months and we are very close to the end of the year.
  • edited June 2018
    @ stevea137 my only thought is that we've seen some serious stockpiling of first production model 3s via numerous sightings of packed parking lots, etc. I realize it's not likely they account for all outstanding reservation holders who are looking to configure first production, but last time there was a noted shift to plan/pace, delivery estimate windows were updated.

Mine hasn't changed from the July-Sept mark. Has yours changed from what it stated earlier this week?

Also, are you now able to configure, or still not yet? I'm still not seeing any ability to configure on my account.
  • edited June 2018
    No, I can't configure yet. My current delivery estimate is Jun-Aug.

And I suspect any changes to the delivery estimate page will only happen after the quarterly results call, as has been the case in the past.

Maybe the Tesla landscape will change again in July, but for now call me disenchanted.
  • edited November -1
    @CharleyBC
    When you go to your account page, there is your reservation(s) each with a “Manage” button.

Click on the Manage button and there will be a “Start Designing” button on that page.
  • edited June 2018
    I finally have AWD options. Delivery of either RWD or AWD non-P showing 3-5 months. P Model in 2-4 months.

AWD (non-P) is a $4,000 option! Another Elon promise fulfilled (less than AWD was as an option on Model S—$5,000).
  • edited June 2018
    When do they take the $2,500 to configure? Is that when they accept it or once you are done configuring it? I do not want to drop in 2500 not knowing if I will get delivery this year or next year.
  • edited November -1
    So, is white interior going to be an option for non P cars now, or not? Because now it says “exclusive to performance.” If that is now the case, i’ll Be pretty pissed.