Model 3

homelink for model 3?

edited November -1 in Model 3
Hi,

Does anyone know if homelink (garage door opener) is included in the dual motor all wheel drive model?

Thanks,

Comments

• edited June 2018
    It's included with the LR with PUP, so I would assume it would be on the AWD as well.
  • edited June 2018
    It's part of the PUP options package and not linked to the motor selection.
  • edited June 2018
    *REALLY* stupid question: I have the basic 'Garage door opener'. Where I have a fob on my visor. Can't be hooked to my wifi or anything else (except another car/fob). Is that Homelink?
  • edited June 2018
    @gar1116, Homelink works with most garage door openers. It replaces the remote control button and works directly with the garage door opener itself.
  • edited June 2018
    @gar116 my garage is an older really basic set up as well and the Model 3 Homelink connects to it just fine.
  • edited June 2018
    Auto door opening and closing is really cool!!
  • edited November -1
    @gar1116 - Homelink is a garage door opener that is built into the car and with M3, it is controlled from an icon on the touch screen. It also works with gates and several other remotely controlled devices. The M3 GPS interfaces with the Homelink. You program the Homelink while the car is sitting in front of your garage door. The car remembers where it was when you programmed the Homelink, and then you can set a distance up to 100 feet for the open/close signal to be triggered automatically when you arrive home or leave. Pretty cool!
  • edited June 2018
    @gar - my garage door opener is also a basic one (about 30 years old I assume) and the Model 3 Homelink connects to it. I can't say "just fine" though because it barely ever works. Don't know if I should blame the car or the fact that my garage has some wifi chatter from my solar panel system. The remote that goes along with the opener works just fine.
  • edited November -1
    Model S works most of the time... so maybe it is the 3.
  • edited June 2018
    Lime green rim guards also adversely affect home link. Little known phenomenon.
  • edited June 2018
    @PhillyGal, nice to see you back :)
  • edited June 2018
    yzhou101: If your garage door opener is from LiftMaster it probably works.

vmulla is correct!

PhillyGal: Hi!
  • edited September 2018
    Bummers it doesn’t work on condo garages where you have to flash a fob key...
  • edited September 2018
    My garage door opener is a circa 1997 Genie. It took several attempts, but HomeLink did eventually sync. I had to hold the remote for the garage door opener right up against the bumper to finally get it to work, and it helps to install a new battery in the remote before you sync it. It didn't make sense to me to install a new battery in something I hope to never use again, but that seemed to be what finally made it sync.

My gate opener is much newer and the process was almost immediate.

HomeLink is a great feature once you get it working.
  • edited September 2018
    I was able to program my garage door via homelink. Now I am wondering if I can program it to open and close the gate at my office(I believe it is a multimode system)? I had tried programming it the same way I did my home garage door but it didn't work...