Model 3

Which Car Air Freshener are you using?

edited November -1 in Model 3
I am unable to find an air fresher for the car that doesn't hang from the rear view mirror. Since the AC vents are not traditional, a clip-on ones doesn't work as well. Which one are you using?

Comments

• CSTCST
    edited November -1
    My air freshener is the new car smell
  • edited August 2018
    Windows.
  • edited August 2018
    @CST: Do you have a product link?
  • edited August 2018
    I do not use any, but if you're really wanted you could do one of these things:
    1) Use a clip freshener on the rear vent, it has a traditional design.
    2) Use a clip freshener on the cabin intake duct. With the frunk open, you can open the cosmetic panel towards the back of the frunk - its the panel around the windshield washer fluid.cap - that will reveal the intake duct for the cabin, you can use a clip freshener in that area.

I'd vote for #1
  • edited August 2018
    Clip on rear vent
  • edited August 2018
    Didn't know the rear vent was a traditional one. Thank you.
  • edited August 2018
    Oops. The previous comment is in response to my misunderstanding of what you meant by "rear vent".
  • edited August 2018
    I just shower regularly.,,seems to work
  • edited November -1
    I am a breathe of fresh air - that is all that is needed in mine :)
  • edited August 2018
    Dogs riding in the back seat after a visit to the lake. (Does not necessarily smell the greatest, but once they have ridden you can be pretty confident that no other odor is ever going to show through.)
  • edited November -1
    @TexasBob - Best laugh of the day!
  • edited November -1
    Keep you car clean and you wont need an air refreshner.
  • edited August 2018
    +1 to keeping the car clean. A passenger vomited in the car and after cleaning up, it doesn't smell.
  • edited August 2018
    HotBox(TM). It goes real fart.
  • edited August 2018
    Why MUSK, of course. Next question.
  • edited August 2018
    Five Guys - Burgers & Fries
  • edited November -1
    Speaking of burgers and fries... I rolled the window down to get the smell of In-n-Out Burger out and my little guy begged me to stop. He said the burgers and fries smell good!
  • edited August 2018
    bump
  • edited August 2018
    Gent scents is a startup that makes really good fresheners. I just got mine (sandalwood) and it is amazing
  • edited August 2018
    Lol CC! We're going with astoundingly liberal dashes of pure nothing essence for air freshener here.
  • edited August 2018
    I just keep a spray can of Frebreeze in the glove box and use it every once and awhile.
  • edited August 2018
    Good post relating to vomit. Before showing off the M3P to friends,one should ask your passengers if they get motion sick. For some, a Tesla could be a “vomit comet”. Then there is the clean up and Smell.
  • edited August 2018
    The passenger that vomited had not gotten motion sickness before and had actually complained that I wasn't going fast enough. Said passenger got sick after a trip on mountain curves so I'll have a barf bag ready for future trips like that. I'll slow down on curvy roads, too.
  • edited November 2018
    I own a Model 3 and for air freshener I recently came across a custom designed air fresheners from Scent Wedge. Check them out at https://scentwedge.com. Been very happy with my first order and signed up for their monthly subscription service.
  • edited April 2019
    Hello. I go old school with a new way based on seeing the Scent Wedge. I take the tree out of the package, rip off just enough to put in the secondary vent hidden behind the screen so the driver or passenger doesn't see it.

Then I put the remaining tree in my door/water bottle space. About once a week when I clean out the interior, I'll throw away the used piece and tear off another piece from the large tree and place it in the vent.

I just didn't want to spend the $'s on the Scent Wedge (even though it looks like a good product).