Model 3

Finally! I was able to track my Model 3 shipment by VIN

edited September 2018 in Model 3
Somehow I got hold of a number that did a magic! It’s a dedicated TESLA Delivery logistics department. They told me that my car is 185 miles away from Austin and the carrier is moving should be in Austin location by today! What a relief!

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Wasn't there a website you could enter the VIN?
  • edited September 2018
    The number seems legit, when I called it, but I didn't avail myself of it. It's for use by carriers and Tesla employees, not customers. Seems wrong to use it.
  • edited September 2018
    I feel the same way. Anyone remember a shipping website that VIN could be entered in though?
  • edited September 2018
    here you go... https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts
    It didn't work for me though.
  • edited September 2018
    TESLA Customer Service gave me the number nad asked me to use it! For the website, only United Road allows you to search by VIN. But how do you know they are using United Road service for your car?

Just select Option 1 and they will help you.
  • edited September 2018
    *If* Customer Service tells me to call that number, I will. Otherwise, I'm not going to tie up what is clearly NOT a number for normal use by customers, and I don't think the rest of us should, either.
  • edited September 2018
    Agree with you. Don't call this number. If the line to arrange the logistics gets clogged by us, our cars will only get there later. Thanks for sharing but it is not helping...
  • edited September 2018
    @sterickson, I hear you!
  • edited September 2018
    Seems sketchy.
  • edited September 2018
    You guys sound like I got this number by an illegal act! I called because Tesla Customer Service wanted me to call. But it’s up to you to use it or not!
  • edited September 2018
    Clearly, some of you are Finding Nemo's number.
  • edited September 2018
    My car has arrived!! Woot!
  • edited September 2018
    Agreed.

It's tempting, but not a good idea to clog this # and further throw a wrench into the logistics fan. Keep it open for drivers and delivery personnel.
  • edited September 2018
    Will remove the number then!
  • edited May 2019
    Can I get the number please :|
  • edited August 2019
    Wish Tesla have live tracking. I live in Texas and delivery taking forever.
  • edited December 2019
    so where is that number? :)