Energy Products

any actual installs recently?

edited November -1 in Energy Products
I've been waiting for my power wall since April/May 2018 - has anyone actually gotten an install in that time frame? If so please post the approximate date (not looking for exact data) - but has anyone actually gotten one of these things in recent months?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Yes both myself & my son had them installed in the last week. We had waited a year for them to become available...
  • I had mine installed September 27. Originally placed my solar and powerwall order in February, then in June they divided my projects out to solar and powerwall separate, then we got our powerwall confirmation September 15 and install 27.
  • edited October 2018
    thanks for updates - city/states of install (not looking for exact address).
  • edited October 2018
    Ordered January 2018......Still waiting.......
  • PFPPFP
    edited October 2018
    Really? I am doing a Big Solar Install (DALLAS Area) and hoping to get this complete by the end of Nov. I was thinking of adding 2 PW as a backup system (makes no financial sense whatsoever since no TOU....yet). My Energy Rep says from what he has been told is all the warehouses not have PW in stock. So why holdup? Are ya'll just doing installs without solar? I had heard they were prioritizing them if they were going up with solar...
  • edited October 2018
    Ordered March still waiting had solar City (Tesla energy) installed in July 11.05 kw system, and love it
  • edited October 2018
    I ordered in Dec 2017 / Jan 2018. They scheduled May 15th then cancelled (lack of Powerwalls), then they finally installed in mid-Sept.
  • PFPPFP
    edited October 2018
    So where are you located?

Correction to my post above. The REP said the warehouses NOW have PW in stock. He was saying they have them all over the country at their installers warehouses.
  • I Ordered my Powerwall 2 in April 2018, had it installed two days ago. Can’t put the app down!
  • PFPPFP
    edited October 2018
    That is great. Where are you located?
  • edited October 2018
    We got our PW2 installation completed on 6/21/18 here in Edmonds, WA, after an almost 3 year wait. We were only the second installation in WA and the two PW2's have operated flawlessly in self powered mode. We couldn't be happier with our decision to do this, as a perfect complement to our 13.2 kWh solar PV system.
  • edited October 2018
    We live in South Carolina and reserved our PW2 in February 2017. We received our only email May 2018, over a year after the reservation, which said they are not currently servicing our region. We have not heard anything since.
  • edited November 2018
    My order was submitted on March 8, 2018 and was told they where on back order at the time, and been waiting since.
  • No expectations here. Just hopeful. I have faith that at some point things will start steamrolling here.
    I live on the Treasure Coast in Port Saint Lucie, FL. My wife and I are in the process of finding a builder and saving funds for a custom built home.
    We are going green, we want solar, and we want to look good. IE, we want the solar roof.
    The solar tech companies I have spoken with in my area, and southern Florida, say that the roof doesn't even exist. What's funny to me is, some of them seem insulted by the idea of the solar roof entirely.
    What is the earliest outlook, on having a slate-style solar roof built for a 4000sq ft single story home??? Just curious really. Rough estimate, if it is even logistically possible?
    I have the utmost respect for Elon his company, and the efforts he and his teams are making in these areas. I also understand that the infrastructure and planning for these systems take more time than the average person seems to realize. I have my heart set on this system, and I do not want to believe the Naysayers.

Thank you
  • edited November 2018
    the solar roof is probably not worth waiting for - if you're building custom it should be a simple matter to just install some really good looking panels - you could be waiting years for the roof - my installer says the solar roof isn't new and several companies have tried it over the years, it's just not as good as normal panels and way harder to install and maintain…

recommend you respect Elon but rarely take his statements at face value.

build your house, install 2x the solar capacity for 1/3rd the cost of the solar roof and be happy.
  • edited November 2018
    Deposit 11/18/2016, Order confirmation 2/7/2018. Powerwall Purchase & Home Improvement Agreement signed by both parties 3/14/2018. I sent notarized permit application to Tampa on 3/30/2018 via Fed x. Many calls and different Tesla contacts since. Nothing at allfrom Tesla over last 3 months except sales call to order the Model 3 I reserved. That is not going to happen until I get my Powerwalls.
  • edited November 2018
    Signed agreement approx Nov.7. Power co approval done. HOA is rubber stamped. Waiting for city permits. According to my rep, anticipate install in 1 day and before end of the year.
  • edited November 2018
    I feel bad after reading some of these comments, but I ordered on 22 October and it was installed yesterday. I’m in the UK. I was expecting a 3-4 month wait, but it only took 5 weeks.
  • PFPPFP
    edited November 2018
    @Dreamdoc. Where are you that you are getting it done quick? CA? I signed initially Oct 4th, but with some changes to make it bigger, all approvals done Nov 4th and the are saying MARCH for 15kW and 2 PW in Texas. But I need to get it done before the EOY or no Utility Rebate and this has been a useless exercise. I am on the list for last minute install but not holding my breath.
  • edited December 2018
    Tesla contacted me Friday 11/30 - and stated they have recently gotten battery inventory and are working through backlogs - wanted to know if I could handle them installing before the end of the year - I said "YES"

we'll see -but it appears the long drought might be over…
  • edited December 2018
    SF Bay Area is my location.
  • edited December 2018
    how do get the "loot box" phone app?
  • edited December 2018
    I'm a new install, and hopefully able to power up soon, after we get approval / meter swap from our "current" electric company. 13.5KWh system & 2 powerwalls.
  • edited December 2018
    New install just completed today December 5th in Seekonk Mass. Ordered in April, it was delivered on Dec 1st