General

Climate deniers lose bets against Scientists. Taking Candy from a baby.

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Unfortunately, we're all paying for deniers. Too bad we can't stick them with the bill if they are so convinced.
  • edited October 2018
    OK, I have a challenge for you Tessie Tappy. For 6 years in a row, the Arctic sea ice minimum has closed higher than the record low minimum set in 2012, 3,387,000 km2. I predict that the annual Arctic sea ice minimum will close higher than 3,387,000 km2 during the next 5 years. You up for the challenge Tappy-boy? Or, are you going to run off with your tail in between your legs like the Antifa thug who berated the 911 widow in Portland, OR!
  • edited October 2018
    don't feed the troll
    he is not interested in facts
  • edited October 2018
    @Mike. He must have honest referees. Unfortunately if we did this with our weathermoron when presented with the facts that he lost his bet he would still deny it. @jimglas is correct. He is not interested in facts. He is looking to try score occasional brownie points and concluding that as a victory. I guess much like Trump. But I guess he will keep on trolling anyway. Even though nobody wants to play reindeer games with him
  • edited November -1
    NSIDC is the source of data. Very easy to verify!
  • edited October 2018
    Derp
  • edited October 2018
    @SCCRENDO Exactly
  • edited October 2018
    Wussy liberals
  • edited October 2018
    Thanks @Mike83, I agree with @Jimglas and @SCCRENDO regarding not feeding the obvious trolls.
  • edited October 2018
    I read this article a few days ago and laughed my ass off. This climate scientist has won so many bets and the cowards won't even take some of the other bets. Or want 100-1 odds. Tells you how strongly they believe their arguments.

Even the climate "denial" crew agree there is warming . . . they have been, are just and continue to be horribly wrong about magnitude.

And then dumbasses use this as ammunition in further denial. Armchair scientists who say:

"I'm not a scientist but my uncle went to MIT and through osmosis, I know that i'm super-smart and therefore globalist Soros-puppets are propping up 1000 Universities all over the world and 100s of thousands of monitoring stations that are measuring sea temperature rise. It is the most perfect conspiracy ever imagined by dirty Birkenstock-wearing hippies who have finally overwhelmed the fossil fuel industries billions of $ in disinformation spending."

The best short-term action to help the climate happens November 6.
  • edited November -1
    OK, you global warming worshippers in this Tesla Forum believe the earth is heating up and melting the polar ice away to oblivion. I think it is a natural multi-decadal oscillation. We have a way to test it. I have challenged all of you. Any of you care to step up and challenge me? So far, bb0tin aka whatshisface is the only one with the guts to do so.
  • edited October 2018
  • edited October 2018
    https://qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scientific-papers-that-deny-climate-change-are-all-flawed/amp/
    CLIMATE DENIERS SCIENTISTS (the 3%) results ARE NOT REPRODUCIBLE. You might call it Fake science
  • edited October 2018
    Hey weathermoron. Did you read Mike”s link. It states exactly what we have been trying to tell you about the fake denier “science” that you love to quote.
    https://qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scientific-papers-that-deny-climate-change-are-all-flawed/amp/
  • edited October 2018
    Global warming is caused by burning fossil fuels.

Stop burning fossil fuels.

Put Exxon, Massey and Koch Bros out of business by buying solar panels, batteries and EVs.

Game over. Bets closed. Shitbags lose.
  • edited October 2018
    Thanks @Mike83 for link about Jason Box, a climatologist I have been following for years now, who also spent 20 years studying ice retreat on Greenland. His statement from your link about methane releases in Arctic keep me up at night,, as methane is a huge issue that we need to pay attention to.
  • edited October 2018
    @Tesla-David. It seems like Jason Box moved to Denmark from the US. I see a brain drain in the US in this field as the GOP appoints fossil fuel sympathizers to government positions. How dumb can they be? I just read about the atmosphere of Venus which has an average T of 872 F. and some nitrogen but mostly CO2. I don't believe even thermophiles could survive there as they live at 252 F. but perhaps they have some weird organisms living below the surface. The reason I bring this up is that Venus may have been like earth billions of years ago. Was there a homo sapien like species that lived there billions of years of ago and destroyed their own climate?
    I understand the worry with methane leakage as permafrost melts away. It seems like uneducated brats are running things and leading us to destruction. It is interesting that the government is run by very old men who don't have much of a lifespan left and it seems they don't care at all.
    Yet there is hope the younger people will wise up and put some logic in government. At least States, cities and countries in the world are not so blinded by political hogwash.
    Tesla has found a practical way to maintain living standards and at the same time reduce many people's carbon footprint. We can thank our lucky stars for them.
  • edited October 2018
    @Mike83, the reason Jason Box moved to Denmark is because he is afraid that when the major Climate Change related impacts/displacements happen, which we are already seeing elsewhere, the gun culture in this country will make the U.S. less safe than Denmark. Sad to see him move based on his fear of the future coming. Methane is a much more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, and most governmental policy makers ignore its impacts according to the IPCC in linked article below. Methane scares me so much because it has the potential to accelerate the warming of our planet much faster than carbon dioxide, especially if we see a massive release from the arctic, which Jason Box alludes to in your link above.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-bad-of-a-greenhouse-gas-is-methane/
  • edited October 2018
    <h1>xxxXxxx</h1>
  • edited October 2018
    This clip of Dr. Jason Box on Real Time with Bill Maher is worth watching.

• edited October 2018
    Thanks @Tesla-David. Very enlightening. It covers some points never discussed in the news. Very troubling future.
  • edited July 2019
    I guess the record Temps have been foreseen and IGNORED AGAIN.
  • edited July 2019
    Thanks for resurrecting this link. Nothing much has changed as we march to disaster. Methane releases in Arctic continue to accelerate.
  • edited July 2019
    Utah is going after people associated with fires yet ignore Climate Crisis caused by burning fossil fuels.

https://kutv.com/news/get-gephardt/when-wildfires-rage-in-utah-could-you-pay-the-bill
  • edited November -1
    Grow up.