General

Why does Tesla Forum site suck?

edited November -1 in General
A question for the experienced users of Tesla forums.

Why is this "Forum" so user-unfriendly? Doesn't even have a "Search".

I just got a Model S and trying to get the information I can use, efficiently. Even Google shows forum topics that are tantalizingly relevant to the info I'm seeking. However when I get to Tesla Forum, there's no way to get to that info.

If I am missing something or there's a Search somewhere that I didn't figure out, please help me.

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2018
    First, congrats on getting your car.
    Nope, no search function. though generally you can quickly scan through thread titles.

What would you like to know that isn't in the owner's manual ?
  • edited November 2018
    You can normally search the forum using one of the techniques in https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#search, but since the forum was purged for reasons unknown the articles in the search index are gone.
  • edited November 2018
    Because Tesla wants us to browse all the topics.
  • edited November 2018
    Nothing to search. The boards just got refreshed.
  • edited November 2018
    @jordanrichard ,

Thanks for offering to help!
    The question I have is: What's the optimal charge limit I need to set for my overnight scheduled charge?

My normal drive distance everyday is around 40 miles.
    Very occasionally I might go to 70 miles.

1) Should I set it to 80% or 90%?
    2) Also, is charging every night better than letting it go down to about 50 miles before charging?

Thanks
  • @sj,
    80% is better for your car than 90%. With your short daily drive of 40 miles, I'd lean more towards 70 to 75%.
    Charging every night is best. Unlike old Nickel batteries (NiMH and NICd) that had a memory, there is no benefit to discharging a Li-ion battery.
    On the other hand, while better, the difference isn't really that great.
  • edited November 2018
    Agree that forums are not great. No search function readily available. No threading. Some spam, etc.
  • edited November 2018
    +1