Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

No Model S Refresh Anytime Soon

1242526272830»

Comments

• edited December 2018
    It's the "hundreds of millions" i have issues with. Agreed many have died over senseless wars for resources that enrich a few. Another reason to get away from a fossil fuel economy.
  • edited December 2018
    Also the inplication that Paris(?) has something to do with it.
  • edited December 2018
    I don’t know why you guys want to ask Darth anything but asking him to create his private thread.

This guy is a paid shill, a fake Tesla owner, and makes up nonsense as he goes.
  • edited December 2018
    I’m still waiting for Darth to show his math on the real world comparison Boonedocks asked for above with the BMW.
  • edited December 2018
    Interesting how when Darth is pinned down and given an opportunity to “show his work”, he’s a no-show!
  • edited December 2018
    Surprise Surprise! - Darth created a private thread!
  • edited December 2018
    Yep, the two day delay sounds about right to get his client approval for the 1K credit card deposit on a Model 3.
  • edited December 2018
    Elon said it best: "You can't fix stupid, but you can trick them into saving the planet anyway."
  • edited December 2018
    @tes-s lol @ saving the planet... delusion of grandeur defined!
  • edited December 2018
    Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
    Tesla believes the faster the world stops relying on fossil fuels and moves towards a zero-emission future, the better.
  • edited December 2018
    @tes-s that’s a good mission. One day many decades from not it will be possible.
  • edited December 2018
    @Darthamerica. While you are doing your math wizardry in a “real world example from above” remember that battery packs from Tesla’s will most likely have a long and valued life as battery backups for houses after their useful life in a car. Meaning NOT discarded or recycled but continued life.
  • edited December 2018
    @Boonedocks I accounted for that. The is no need for more real world examples. Model S like all cars causes CO2. How much depends on where you live and what kind of charging options you have. But it is not zero. If it makes you feel better about your purchase that it does not emit CO2 while driving, then I'm happy for you.
  • edited December 2018
    @darthamerica your agenda seems to be losing “steam”....real world vs a made up non-realistic example doesn’t seem to work quite as well does it? Hmmmmmm
  • edited December 2018
    @Darth,
    We have learned so much from your art of evasion; if one does not know how to answer a simple question, call the question a "straw man."

I now challenge you to define "straw man" in one sentence.
  • edited December 2018
    @TT - I don't see a private thread only the one Darthamerica created quoting Elon Musk. Perhaps the private thread got flagged away.