Model 3

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla Installed Mismatched Glass in my Car and I Am Angry

124»

Comments

• edited November 2018
    @Bighorn

I hope that's not true because I still say it's the best EV you can buy for the money right now.

I'm hoping Tesla will understand... I have had a lot of problems and I'm sure they realize not every car they build comes out as perfectly as it should. And a some of the problems have stemmed from silly things like missing clips and insulation. I don't think they'll blame me for not wanting a car that came with missing parts and that they can't guarantee isn't still missing parts (I asked on a previous service visit).
  • edited November 2018
    Maybe dan can help you out?
  • edited November 2018
    I’m thinking back to the Happiness Guarantee which is no longer in force:

“On October 25th, 2014, Elon Musk announced significantly lower lease payments. Along with the lower payments, every vehicle lease comes with the Tesla’s Happiness Guarantee. If you don't like our car for any reason in the first 90 days, you can just return it and your remaining lease obligation is waived. While you cannot immediately lease another Tesla vehicle, you can upgrade to a higher optioned vehicle for a fee to cover the new vs used value difference. Contact us for more information.”
  • edited November 2018
    "I knew if they replaced the glass it would be different." I believe this statement pinpoints the problem. Carl, if the pictures you linked are supposed to support your case, they ain't gettin the job done......
  • edited November 2018
    @82bert... yes I have been around the forum long enough to know anker Carl.... it was a joke.... Supposedly Carl has poopy pants too, I'm just waiting for bighorn to chime in to see if it's true, since he is always right.
  • edited November 2018
    "More striking to me was that your neighbors sound overly nosy and obnoxious."

Gotta say, honestly, this is correct. These people are passive aggressive, and have way too much time on their hands. With neighbors like these, who needs enemies?
  • edited November 2018
    @ODWms: agree. If the neighbor story is really true, they sure know how to push Carl's buttons and make him feel dissatisfied with his new car.
  • edited November 2018
    I’ve had neighbors, since day one, come from their houses to gawk and fawn and gush over the car - in broad daylight. I’ve never had a one mention anything about the “mismatched” glass color, or anything negative, really.

People who are “noticing” this, from 50 yards away, at night, with limited lighting should start working for the NSA. They have a particular set of skills that would greatly benefit their country.
  • edited November 2018
    Based on the comments i've gotten from my first post, I rest my case.
  • edited November 2018
    Hey Carl,

What I’ve noticed about myself and which I think is true of human nature is that we tend to care a lot about things at first, but then don’t care much about it over time. When I picked up my model 3, there were some small scratch marks on one of the rear passenger windows. You can see the scratches when looking out the window. I was really upset and Tesla service ordered a new window for me. It’s been about a month now and the window hasn’t arrived yet, but now I don’t really care about the scratch marks anymore. So yesterday, I emailed service and told them that if the window can be cancelled, just cancel it. I don’t mind living with the minor scratch marks.

So my recommendation to you is just live with your model 3 as is for a month. I’m almost certain that you won’t care much for the color difference by the end of the month.

Happy thanks giving!
  • edited November 2018
    I looked at my car this morning in the Florida dew. The top looks red, but the surround appears black, as does the back glass, so they look great! I do remember seeing a difference when I picked up the car initially, but kinda forgot about it. I’d have to wait until the car is completely dry to go ahead and take another look. Either way, I wasn’t worried about it, but I respect that others have different concerns than I.
  • edited November 2018
    “People who are “noticing” this, from 50 yards away, at night, with limited lighting should start working for the NSA. They have a particular set of skills that would greatly benefit their country.”

Awesome.