General

Climate Change(Emergency) Science is sound

edited May 2019 in General
This thread and topic was removed. Some good information is gone like the EPA removing Global Warming.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/11/21/air-pollution-exposure-linked-to-cognitive-ability-reduction-research/

This was discussed before in that Carbon Monoxide causes cognitive impairments. The new article above expands this.

As Greta Thunberg recently commented, not exact words> Its 2019. Call it what it is: Climate Breakdown, Climate Crisis, etc.
Climate Disruption is perhaps too mild a description.

Comments

• edited November 2018
    here come the trolls ....
  • edited November 2018
    Email Tesla and ask them to reinstate it like they did in the past
  • edited November -1
    Sad to see @Mike83’s long running thread gone. I have posted request to have it reinstated.
  • edited November 2018
    Here is a good summary how sea level rise plays out
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxJFU9DgUhfr2J2bveCHkQ/videos
  • edited November 2018
    @Tesla-David I also emailed Tesla to reinstate it. Reminds me of the old 6000+ pages: Who pays for the Effects of Global Warming? Hopefully people are wising up to reality. Winds are shifting and Times are a changing.
    Like heart disease and lung cancer who don't believe smoking causes it continuing their addiction except it is affecting all humanity as they continue to burn dinosaur remains .
  • edited November 2018
    Hey silly sabby, you watching? Are you the woman in this video asking (and lecturing) Dan Pena about global warming?

• edited November 2018
    dont feed the troll
  • edited November 2018
    Just as Harris County, Texas is taking measures to help minimize our flood problems here, you Californians need to clear the fire-prone dead vegetation around your homes! Listening to the Zinke interview from the TD link. What he says makes a lot of sense!
  • edited November 2018
    Zinke frequently communicates with Gov. Brown. Hopefully, Zinke will talk some sense to Brown!
  • edited November 2018
    Harris County measure

A significant portion of the bond also will be used to secure billions more in federal matching funds.
    Unquote

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/25/Harris-County-flood-control-vote/
  • edited November 2018
    You don't think California is going to get some Federal dollars for the fire damage?
  • edited November 2018
    Oh yes, i also think Texas should! Who do you think does more for prevention so less funds ultimately need to be spend, TX or CA?

I bet you all houses will be eligible to be rebuild along the San Jacinto River in Humble/Kingwood,TX.

You could compare Netherlands with New Orleans and their zoning restrictions. It should give you an idea why listening to scientist might be smart in the long run.
  • edited November 2018
    Well, La Mira, that is about a big of an apples to oranges comparison as you can get! There is absolutely no objective way to figure out which state does more to for disaster prevention than the other. It just basically boils down to this. The more people and property there is, the more death and destruction there will be when a natural disaster happens!
  • edited November 2018
    Study Netherlands and explain how they are waisting money compared to New Orleans having a similar situation.
  • edited November 2018
    And they will rebuild in Kingwood/Humble,TX by the Jacinto River, which is a water relief area!
  • edited November 2018
    The Netherlands experiences extratropical cyclones, but not hurricanes!!!! Huge difference.
  • edited November 2018
    To get a loan to build a home in a flood zone, the homeowner will be required to carry flood insurance!
  • edited November 2018
    Flood insurance is covered by Fed in critical area (reg insurance didnt cover for a long time), state should take same approach as with medicare and not allow fed funding....
  • edited November 2018
    When i bought my house in Houston area, i specifically looked at the flooding maps and picked the ones which had a potential to hit me beyond 500 years. 4 years later, that 500 years flood hit.

Either i'm lucky, or i believe gov has been wrong in TX for a long time carving their policies. Your pick! They will let folks rebuild where they shouldn't.
  • edited November 2018
    Other states do the same bad decision, building where its not sustainable. In the long run the states which manage disasters or better avoid them will be ahead of the curve.
  • edited November 2018
    El Mirio, are you still in Houston? Where? I'm just north of the Bear Creek area along West Little York, between Hwy 6 and Eldridge. How bad did your home flood 4 years ago?
  • edited November 2018
    Hey Weathermoron. El Mirio looks like a guy from Houston who understands climate change. 500 year flood zones are no longer 500 year flood zones because of climate change. As regards the Netherlands. They are already below sea level. So sea level rise with climate change is bad news.
  • edited November 2018
    Hey SaSoB, check out the tide gages of The Netherlands. Their sea level rise is on the order of 1/2 foot per century. Nothing alarming there. Grand Isle, LA is showing about a 3 foot rise in sea level per century. This is due to the sinking swamps of Louisiana. Not global warming.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends.html