Model 3

Tesla Live chat support...?

edited December 2018 in Model 3
According to Tesla's phone support automated attendant they are now referring customers to their 'new live chat support'. The message says its at www.Tesla.com/support

I can't seem to find it... anyone else?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    I picked up my new Model 3 on 21-7-18. Cant find the "Pin to Drive". feature in the Safety and Security section on my touch screen?? Who can Help me??
    Thanks
    Bill Kohl
  • edited December 2018
    Sorry meant 12-7-2018
  • edited December 2018
    @guydude
    @billkohl

I don't think either yet exists.
  • edited December 2018
    No live chat available for Canada. Now the wait times to speak with the US based customer service are greater than 1 hour!
  • edited December 2018
    #billkohl
    You will need to stand by until you receive V48 or higher OTA firmware update to get the PIN and other goodies.
    To get it in first wave of updates, be sure the car is on good wi-fi connection all night long. My updates
    have usually come in the night and I get notification on Tesla phone app.
  • edited December 2018
    I've seen references to live chat in other threads but have used various Windows, Crome, Android browsers and have never seen it on the forums or account page, or anywhere for that matter.
  • edited December 2018
    Memexe, what is it you are looking to get answered, to be waiting on the phone for an hour?

One of the main reasons the wait times are so long is people calling about things that could be answered by reading the owners manual or reading the various threads here, over at TMC, or the FB page of the local owners club.
  • edited December 2018
    jordanrichard, I was on the phone for an hour waiting to find out if anyone could tell me if Brad and Jen are back together, but I never got an answer.
  • edited December 2018
    Its well hidden!

You need to be into US version ONLY so far

Into a sub-page of support like here

https://www.tesla.com/support/software-v9

At the button, you will see a buble on right cormer

It seems to be on California time so don't expect it it before 11AM EST.

I did flag the issue that it was not availble on support page directly and only for US base. Also, it works like shit on in-car web browser
  • edited December 2018
    @the Real

Cool find! That works
  • edited December 2018
    @michael

No worries, I am using it almost every day due to issues with my car...
  • edited December 2018
    What kind of things has the live chat helped you with?
  • edited December 2018
    API questions
    Mice issues in car
    Butched delivery attemps
    Car damage issue
    Autopilot purchase issue
    Seat position issue

This is a part time job for me now
  • edited December 2018
    I saw your mouse picture....What did T say about that?
  • edited December 2018
    @Michael

They did ask for Mobile service to came by and look. Mobile service declined and pointed to local services at Montreal. Next availability as jan 16th...so I did the cleanup, put some traps and mothball. They will try to see if damages was done.

I got really bad experience with them so far...you might want to have a quick look at the rest of the pictures...you will notice the one at driver wheel gap, probably where the mice are having access but I am not an engeneer!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HGujBnD8GyyY9mK51E5V-nFRZiCSyhOg

For a Performance Model 3 PUP, I was expecting more overall quality.
  • edited December 2018
    Wow. Yeah, they've got some fixing to do....What's your VIN#?
  • edited December 2018
    107824 Canada

They are supposed to fix it start of january after 3 months of waiting. Still, i had terrible experience so far!
  • edited December 2018
    Damn. That is a late Vin to have all those issues....sorry man!
  • edited December 2018
    It's there! And it works! And I got an answer to a long pending question almost instantly! Thanks so much for this topic and the thread!
  • edited December 2018
    Is this the correct question & answer chat location (or is there a different location) to ask, as a new — two day owner of a new Model 3 — about screen messages that popped up:

1) ! Stability control disabled (Contact Tesla Service)
    2) ! Automatic Emergency Braking is disabled
    3) ! Traction control disabled (Contact Tesla Service)
    4) ! Regenerative Braking Disabled
  • edited December 2018
    @pdxman3

Shouldn't happen more than once. Lots of advice on how to address this, mostly good. :-)

Easiest fix it to park the car and walk away from it so it locks and goes to sleep. Leave it in that state for a few minutes and the problem should clear.

If that doesn't work you should reboot it. Google for directions on that.
  • edited January 2019
    I need support for my order RN107588856.
  • edited January 2019
    How to contact Tesla support for my order just placed yesterday.
  • I don't think either yet exists.
  • edited January 2019
    I have had success a few times already on Live Chat support. The Live support doesn't show up on the main page. However it does show up for specific support topic.

I had requested to add my referral post delivery. Live chat support was able to help me through it. I just got email from referral team that I should start seeing my 6 month free Supercharge in 2 days.

I contacted them on couple of occasion inquiring about 2018.48 update. On the second occasion, the support person said the server is going through checklist for my M3 and I should get the update soon. That night I had the update.