Model S

Romance Mode: will it drain the battery?

edited November -1 in Model S
In this video I try to find out whether getting all snuggly and cosy actually drains your battery? It turns out to be quite alright, so don't let that stop you from getting it on in your car :-o :-D

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Fireplace mode has no more drain than having anything else on the display. When the car is off (i.e. you've exited the car) it turns off too.
  • edited November -1
    It does put the heating on "HI" and that takes up some juice. Also, when you're parked for 30 minutes, it will also automatically turn off.
  • edited December 2018
    Absolutely. 6kW heater.
  • SOSO
    edited November -1
    If you have the right steering wheel control assigned to climate control, you can push in the button to turn off the heat and the fireplace will stay on.
  • edited December 2018
    Slight computational error folks. Used the formula to account for 400V. At 230V, you can simply add the 3 phases. So, it's 2A * 240V * 3 = 1.4kW. Still nothing to be worried about. But added the correction to the video and just wanted to let you guys know...
  • edited December 2018
    Your battery will be "drained". And also the vehicles battery will also drain alittle ;)
  • edited December 2018
    Steven, a whole “30 minutes”.... or did you mean seconds......:-)
  • edited December 2018
    @steven - Thanks - didn't notice the heat was on max, but I only had Fireplace on for 10 seconds or so.
  • edited December 2018
    @jordanrichard: actually 45 minutes... or was it seconds? :-D
  • edited November -1
    The heat goes on max, but the blower goes on low.

PS: I'm talking about the yule log settings.