Model 3

How to use the memory seats for 2 drivers

edited November -1 in Model 3
I read the manual, but do not see how to set the memory seats so that they automatically adjust for myself or my wife when either of us is driving.

Is it determined by which person unlocked the car?

Both phones are logged in on my account, and are paired via Bluetooth to the car.

TIA

Comments

• edited November -1
    It's not automatic. You have to choose the profile on the screen.
  • edited January 2019
    They do not automatically select. You must select from the screen.
  • edited January 2019
    Nija'd by lilbean
  • edited January 2019
    Doesn't anybody read the manual anymore?
  • edited January 2019
    My wife is a lot shorter than I am. It's hard to get far enough into the car to select my settings and when I do and the car is still "waking up" I'm stuck in this contorted position waiting for the screen to respond and change to my settings so I can fit into the car.

I'd love a way to set this, even manually, from the app.
  • edited January 2019
    set up the profile for "Easy Entry." When you put the car in park, take your foot off the brake, and open the door........the easy entry profile automatically activates to whatever position you set. It stays that way until you get back in the car and select the user profile you want and then put your foot on the brake. It will go to that user profile. It works great! Nobody reads the manual any more (shakes his head).
  • edited January 2019
    set up the profile for "Easy Entry." When you put the car in park, take your foot off the brake, and open the door........the easy entry profile automatically activates to whatever position you set. It stays that way until you get back in the car and select the user profile you want and then put your foot on the brake. It will go to that user profile. It works great! Nobody reads the manual any more (shakes his head).
  • edited January 2019
    Set up the easy entry profile with the seat back
  • edited January 2019
    And make sure you check the Easy Entry checkbox in your wife’s profile so that it activates Easy Entry when she parks..
  • edited November -1
    It took Tesla several years before they came out with pairing a driver profile to an individual MS/X FOB. I think they will get around to that with authenticated phones/key cards for the M3 too.
  • edited January 2019
    It will be challenging as Bluetooth is greater range and less directional than the near field fob signal. It will be hard to determine who's driving when multiply signals are present near the car
  • edited January 2019
    Not a problem for the key card, but the car would respond to the first authenticated phone it sees. If more than one authenticated phone in the house is in range of a car in the garage, I guess Tesla would have to modify the app so you could tell the car which driver profile to respond to in advance of entry.
  • edited January 2019
    Neither of those solutions is ideal though, right? Is either of them less hassle than activating easy entry in his wife's profile?
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks to all. There is so much in the manual, it is easy to gloss over or miss things. Have not driven the car much as I am waiting for a 30 day cure on the paint so I can get the paint protection film applied.

The easy entry makes a lot of sense when the drivers are significantly different in height to use the shorter person's profile to move the seat backwards.
  • edited January 2019
    So I finally talked my wife into using Easy Entry on both of our profiles. I'm a lot taller than she is. She hadn't liked something about the Easy Entry I originally set up, so I let her set it, so long as I could get into the car. It's basically back and high. So far so good.

The problem is when I go to drive for the first time after she was the previous driver. Easy Entry makes it, well, easy for me to enter. Then I instinctively touch the brake pedal, and the trash compacter begins. I feel like the scene in the first Star Wars movie. Panic stricken by my impending death, I fumble for the screen and touch my own profile, and then all is comfy.

(Yes, I know I should pick my profile before touching the brake. It's my foot that forgets.)
  • Link your phone key to your profile and when you step on the brake I believe the car senses your key and will set the seat to YOUR profile settings (I believe it works this way for me)
  • @nofears67 - You might want to check the date of a post before responding to it. 🙂