Model 3

Purple CA HOV sticker waiting room

RP3RP3
edited June 2019 in Model 3
Timeline for me:
Jan 2 - send application to DMV
Jan 9 - DMV cashed the $22 check
Jan 15 - Received stickers in the mail (they are quite bright purple...I trimmed most of the white border off before applying!)

https://imgur.com/a/AGNkziS

If you get yours, post your timeline for others to see.

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Thanks for the post. If the timeline holds, I should get mine next week.
  • edited January 2019
    You are lucky. I also sent in on Jan 2. Check hasn’t been cashed yet.
  • edited January 2019
    Can they be any uglier?
  • edited January 2019
    You are indeed lucky and one of the first! Congrats!

In SF Bay Area, estimated 40% are in carpool illegally...I’ve pushed it to 41% while I wait for my sticker.

...and yes, I’ve been checking my checking twice per day :)
  • Cool, thanks for posting. Prompted me to check my mail and there they were.
  • edited January 2019
    Wow I don’t mind my red HOV stickers so much now. Will we see more purple M3s now?

Why did they switch to purple from red in just a year? Makes no sense, what a hassle.
  • edited January 2019
    Purple, Ha ha.
  • edited January 2019
    Those might look good on a Mary Kay Kar, Ha ha.
  • edited January 2019
    @epostby, the stickers are good for 3 years plus the year you get them. So, they have to have different colors every year for CHP to know the difference.

Red expires 2022, Purple 2023
  • edited January 2019
    Waiting for mine too. Can't wait.

And yes, indeed, those stickers are ugly as sin. Oh well.

The red, green, and white stickers looks sporty, by comparison :)
  • edited January 2019
    These stickers (any color) that can even damage the paint - like old age. Will be better something else, or if stickers - on license plate for example.
  • edited November -1
    I like purple but those are hideous. It's worth one year less for the red ones, for me anyway.
  • edited January 2019
    I had the white stickers on a blue VW eGolf for 4 years and after removing them, there was zero trace that they were ever there. So that is complete speculative nonsense.
  • edited January 2019
    I mailed my check on January 2nd from SoCal and it hasn't even been cashed yet. It must be in a sack on the back of a mule on the way to Sacramento.
  • edited November -1
    I took a chance and mailed my app and check in early December with a note attached (with a copy of the CA DMV page with the purple sticker) and asked them to hold my app and issue me the 2019 stickers when they could. Check cashed 1/14. I assume I will see them in the mail in a couple of days.
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks for including a picture. Now I know what to expect. I mailed mine on 1/3/19. DMV has not cashed my check as of yet and today is 1/15/19.
  • edited January 2019
    I mailed it on 12/31/18... sent a cashier's check, so won't know when they cash it. Nothing in the mail yet. I live in SD... the farthest away from SAC
  • RP3RP3
    edited January 2019
    @REP IPSA - OP here and I'm also in San Diego. Was much quicker than I thought it'd be.

@Tuning In - I've heard both sides...good that you removed it without a trace. Maybe I'll just put them on without the clean cling. (anyone know how many times you can put the clean cling on/off? what happens when they don't stick any longer? Do you have to get new purple stickers since you would have already stuck them to the clean cling?)
  • edited January 2019
    wow... now I am kinda worried there may be so sort of problem with my application
  • edited January 2019
    Mailed them in 2-January, check not cashed yet. <sigh>
  • edited January 2019
    @RES Not to worry. Mine took almost two months.
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks
  • edited January 2019
    I saw these new HOV stickers on a vehicle for the first time yesterday. It was a Model 3 in front of mine. Anyway, we received license plates for our second M3 on 01/10, and I mailed in our application on 01/11. Maybe by the end of the month. Our first M3 has the red HOV stickers.
  • edited January 2019
    Sent my application in 1/5. Check not cashed yet.
  • edited January 2019
    So ugly. Wish California would to get it together and give special EV plates like Hawaii does.