General

Wish List for Next Update

Comments

• edited October 2019
    suggestions for improvement:

--Recognize live speed limit signs (use camera to detect speed limits)

--Show all charging stations, not only Tesla Supercharger. e.g. IONITY 350kW/FastNed...

--Waypoints for navigation

--Battery "percent SOC" / mileage" quick toggle - or show both at the same time

--Navigation specify desired Charge Level at destination

https://moretesla.com/issues/3;sort=popularity
  • edited October 2019
    Wish there was a heater off button / a Nest like temperature interface.
    Ability to set heater off, level 1 free battery heat. Level 2 added cabin heat with a user settable max kW usage dedicated to the cabin heat.
    https://moretesla.com/issues/a8FHK8b56XpeWIxIcgxx
  • XwmXwm
    edited October 2019
    Hope can save "cabin high temp protection" as driver profile; so far need disable other function which only used while driving then can active it each stop, why?
  • edited October 2019
    Add the ability to automatically close the windows if it starts to rain (improvement to "Vent" control).
  • edited October 2019
    Add a setting that allows the user to enable or disable the diagnostic logging that is wearing out the eMMC flash memory chip(s) on the MCU motherboards of all Tesla models. As a software developer I understand how easy it is to just "leave" a bunch of debug logging as the default, but when it destroys the hardware for no purpose it should be disabled!
  • edited October 2019
    Change how the automatic high beam settings works. Fix it so that if the driver clicks the stalk to turn on high beams they come on and stay on until the drive clicks back to low beam. There are many times when the automatic high beams refuse to stay on if you try to use the stalk to turn them one even if there are no other vehicles in sight, etc.! Irritating when you need them and can't have them.
  • edited October 2019
    Make and adjustment to the "following distance" so that if driver wants to risk it they can follow even closer to the vehicle ahead of them. Give us a "0.5" or maybe a "-1" setting. In intense city traffic the minimum following distance is ridiculously huge and only invites car after car to jump in front of you and makes the Tesla brake some more.
  • edited October 2019
    How about an "Automatic Horn" setting that will cause the horn to deliver two very quick conservative beeps whenever another vehicle gets extremely close to the Tesla. This should happen for other vehicles parallel parking and getting too close (front or back). Or drifting into your lane from the adjacent lane. There are many other use cases, too many to mention here.
  • edited October 2019
    How about an "Automatic Horn" setting that will cause the horn to deliver two very quick conservative beeps whenever another vehicle gets extremely close to the Tesla. This should happen for other vehicles parallel parking and getting too close (front or back). Or drifting into your lane from the adjacent lane. There are many other use cases, too many to mention here.
  • edited October 2019
    Would like to see an email sent to my Tesla account email address that is a list of every video file name saved for Sentry Mode events to the thumb drive each time Sentry Mode is turned off.
  • edited October 2019
    Would like to see the default behavior for "Sentry Mode" and "Dashcam" to become mutually exclusive. Meaning if the Dashcam is on (car in Drive) the Sentry Mode is off. If Sentry Mode is on (car in park) then the Dashcam is off. I can think of no case where both should ever be on at the same time. Additionally, since we now have Sentry Mode I can think of no time when Dashcam should be allowed on if the vehicle is in Park!
  • edited October 2019
    Add a "Weather/Radar" icon toggle to the map right below the existing one for Traffic. Make it dynamic but super slow. No reason to have repeating animation, just the single current "latest" update and location based. Then replaced with the next update when it comes along. Way better than none at all.
  • edited October 2019
    NEXT UPDATE- Add the ability to set the "Summon Distance" for a vehicle backed into a garage.

CURRENT STATE- The "Summon Distance" can only be set for a vehicle pulled forward into the garage. Over half-of-the-time I back into the garage. IMPACT- Summoning the vehicle out of the garage either pulls the vehicle out of the garage the correct distance (when it backs out of the garage) or too far (when it pulls forward out of the garage). In the latter case, I have to manually stop the vehicle before it goes beyond our driveway into the public sidewalk.
  • edited November 2019
    My wish for today: Traffic light information technology to tell drivers how long they need to wait until the traffic light turns green. The countdown is displayed directly in the car’s dash panel. It will also saves energy. Accelerating toward the next light, braking to stop, and accelerating again burns more energy than casually coasting.
    On a secondary but more lasting level, FSD vehicles will have the ability to test traffic lights in order to map out their next move. This will make them safer, while ensuring passengers necks aren't being jolted.
  • edited November 2019
    "It will also saves energy. Accelerating toward the next light, braking to stop, and accelerating again burns more energy than casually coasting."

Try being more patient. You save zero time by inching forward in anticipation for the green light. And more often than not, your reaction time is reduced because you're wasting your attention on inching your car forward. Where if you just waited for the green light your quicker reaction time would save you more time than inching forward could ever have gotten you. And even so, we are talking about as little as a second or less "saved".
  • edited November 2019
    Loving my car but some nice to haves that will probably be coming anyways.

1. 360 degree parking view.
    2. Ability to read text messages.
    3. Premium connectivity option to get satellite maps and visual traffic.
  • edited November 2019
    1. Double Tap for Details. Double tap on Presets / Favorites to open details page, without interrupting currently playing item... Double tap on a favorite podcast to open the podcast listing. Double tap a station and go to a station page (that has recently played listing).

2. Expanded Favorites. Allow Spotify albums, artists and playlists to be added as Favorites, with Double Tap for Details.
  • edited November 2019
    suggestions for improvement:

--Recognize speed limit signs

--Show all charging stations, not only Tesla Supercharger. e.g. IONITY 350kW/FastNed...

--Waypoints for navigation

--Battery "percent SOC" / mileage" quick toggle - or show both at the same time

--Navigation specify desired Charge Level at destination
  • edited November 2019
    Two settings for rearview mirrors, one for daylight and one for night.
  • edited November 2019
    Homelink icon needs to be moved close to the driver side of the display in Model 3, possibly also in the X and S. Occasionally, I backup and drive forward before the Homelink automatically opens or something else happens to make the auto open and close feature not execute properly. When that happens I have to reach all the way over to the far right to manually open/close the garage door opener. Simple fix...Happier customer!
  • edited November 2019
    Use geo-fencing so car does not automatically lock while parked in my garage. I can't count how many times I've gone out to my car to get something only to find I forgot to bring my phone with me, requiring another trip inside and back out to the garage. Very frustrating.
  • edited November 2019
    Autopark - two requests.
    1. Allow parking to slots on both sides. Here in the UK the car looks for slots on the left, but it can obviously also look to the right, as it does so in the USA. Some UK car park roadways are one-way, with access to slots on both sides. UK slots are narrow, but autopark does a really good job of them.
    2. A bit quicker, please! It's holding up other people who are trying to get around.
  • edited November 2019
    Alas, I have to park outside. I'd like an Ice Mode. When in park: mirror auto fold should be overridden, mirrors should be unfolded, and wipers should go to the service position. If there are any tricks it could do to release the door (i.e. release the window) that would be great too.
  • edited November 2019
    CarPlay
  • edited November 2019
    At the point when I was going to check for the updates all of a sudden the program ran into some issue and it has now smashed. I have checkedhttps://f2help.com/printer-repair/ for help and truly became acquainted with increasingly out of it.