Model S

Frustration regarding lack of a good smartphone interface in the Tesla

2»

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Ken-Teslatap is one of the Koolaid drinkers who believes Tesla can do no wrong. If it wasn't for his excellent web site, I'd have no respect for him, and his views through his rose colored windshield, whatsoever.

I was very pro-Tesla when I first got my car 4 years ago. I referred 5 buyers to them within my first 6 months of ownership. The customer service aspect has steadily deteriorated since then and I no longer recommend tge car to people who ask. Everything I say is factual. I tell it like it is. I don't own stock in the company (nor have I ever shorted it) so my opinion is unbiased, with no false glowing reports attempting to push up the stock price. I suspect Teslatap bought some TSLA in the 300s. When the car is working, it is great. If and when a problem develops, you experience nothing but grief at the virtually non-existent customer support.
  • edited May 2019
    You can put away the phone while driving. You will be just fine. I promise. Too many people attached to their damn phones.
  • edited May 2019
    @barry - No koolaid. Actually, I call out Tesla all the time on bug and issues. Even created a list of desired features that has grown to 600 items (with about 100 implemented by Tesla over the years).

The difference is I try to provide solutions and reasons for items rather than drag up years old issues, that were long ago solved. I understand you hate Tesla and bash them every chance you get - there are qutie a few people love to do that. Not sure the purpose myself, but that's life in the forums. If you hate Tesla so much, why not sell it and move on? Seems like you spend an inordinate amount of time with hate, when you could be so much happier with something else. Life is too short to be miserable all the time.
  • edited May 2019
    TT - I have plenty more opportunities to bash Tesla's poor customer support, but I don't :-) I hoping someone from Tesla reads this forum, but perhaps those days are gone, too.

I like the EV concept. If there were a reasonable alternative to Tesla now, I would sell it in a heartbeat. But there isn't, so I haven't. Maybe I'll get a Taycan in year 2 or 3 of its production. We'll see... In the meantime, we'll just keep arguing back and forth.