Other

Alabama?

edited July 2010 in Other

Are there any owners in Alabama?  Either waiting or who have taken delivery...

I have a friend there who is interested, especially since she's heard my stories of driving the few roadsters I've had access to during my wait, but I wonder whether Tesla would even sell to someone in a market where there might only be one car.

I imagine this question has come up elsewhere in the forum, so feel free to point me in the right direction...

Comments

• edited November -1
    Is "Southern Alabama" close enough--Ft Walton Beach, FL? I am interested in sharing expenses to get the nearest Tesla shop to travel to a mutual location to do annual maintenance and firmware update.
  • edited November -1
    Awaiting delivery late Sept in Huntsville
    Any truth to rumors of a store in Alanta?
  • edited November -1
    If you go to "About Tesla" and then choose careers there is a drop-down showing all the potential locations--even the ones that aren't talked about elsewhere. There's no date associated with the drop downs but at least you know they are on the way.
  • edited November -1
    New roadster owner in bham
  • edited November -1
    Spoke with an owner of model S from orange beach area. I have one to be delivered in April
  • edited November -1
    Model S delivered to Montgomery yesterday.
  • edited November -1
    4 in al.
    Mine p plus 2 weeks ago
  • edited November -1
    Plus one delivered June 28...north of Montgomery...OH YEAH
  • edited November -1
    I've had mine since Dec 2012. No problems. Alabama power has had theirs longer than that.
  • edited November -1
    I am living in Birmingham awaiting delivery on my S85D in "Late February, 2015" though am expecting it closer to late March. I am curious if any of you in Alabama have any suggestions, tips, or cautions in dealing with Alabama Power. I will be installing a 240v/50amp outlet in the garage (have a box already there with what looks like plenty of amperage)and am planing to encourage Ala Power to provide some assistance (I'm already on the interruptible program with $.03/KW after 9 pm- plus the almost $.03 service charge). I'm wondering if any of you were able to get Ala Power to help with the cost of installation or, a lower rate than I'm currently going to pay? Or both? Any advice will be appreciated.
  • edited November -1
    I took delivery in Birmingham of my Silver S85D with pano roof on March 10 (Alabama tag "ELECTRC.") I used a local electrician who installed a 240v/50a outlet in my garage directly under an auxiliary panel for $200.00. So far, I've used the SC in Atlanta and in Auburn. I love my car and LOVE 6.2 update! I learned not to step on it in Sports mode when my wife's in the car. I occasionally see other Teslas in town. the car does draw attention, especially at Lowes when I asked them to load 6 bags of pine bark much and 4 bags of top soil in the trunk. Heh, I'm one of six Alabamians who doesn't own a pickup, SUV, or Minivan.
  • edited November -1
    Trip to D.C. and Back:

Recently drove to Washington, D.C. just prior to July 4th and had my first bout of Range Anxiety! Drove form Birmingham to Atlantic Station and charged fully. Limped into Charlotte with 13 miles to spare. Was the beneficiary of traffic congestion almost all the way which required I slow down in most cases to 60-65. Had no other times where chargers weren't readily available all the way to Bethesda, Maryland. BTW, beware of the Bethesda SC. It's listed as temporary and has 1 SC and two 240/50 wall mounts. I had already charged 30 miles below in VA so mostly wanted to see it in case I wanted to charge there before returning on Friday. Good thing. Every slot was full and another Tesla was waiting. One car, a Tesla, was in a slot but wasn't charging. I was able to finagle a spot in the regular parking area to the side and the wall charger cord reached me. Of the other cars, one was from California and the rest were local (Maryland or DC tags.) All the other superchargers on the route were fine,not busy, and easily accessible.

Coming home, fully charged in Charlotte before tackling the wasteland between Charlotte and Atlanta. Maintaining a "reasonable" speed of 65, the graph predicted-3% so stopped in Greenville at Crown Nissan for an hour charge that added 11 miles. REALLY limped into Atlantic Station in Atlanta with 9 miles left. There needs to be a charger somewhere in between. If it can't be South Carolina, put it in Hartwell!

Other than the Atlanta to Charlotte drama, and taking a rock in the windshield (fortunately repairable) the trip was great!
  • edited November -1
    Kudos to Tesla for coming to Birmingham to do the seatbelt recall check. Saved me a 140 mile trip over to Atlanta. One of Alabama Power's Teslas pulled up for their check while I was there (They have several Teslas and at least one roadster.)

Great service from a great company!
  • edited November -1
    Anyone in Birmingham had your tesla treated with Opti-Coat or Modesta? We are looking into treatments now and appreciate any thoughts.
  • edited November -1
    Glad to see a supercharger being permitted for Birmingham at Uptown.
  • edited November -1
    Steele? Any sightings of progress on a Superchargers?