Other

Canada

edited July 2010 in Other

My wife and I expect to receive a 2010 Roadster sometime in Q4. We are on Salt Spring Island, BC

Anyone else in Canada wish to make an appearance?

Comments

• edited November -1
    <p>Hello, I am from Toronto, Canada and just put my reservation in for the Model S.  I am curious as to whether any other Canadians have taken the leap?  Would love to hear from you!</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Hi!  I'm from Toronto these days when not in Iraq.  I'm American and hooked up with the Chicago store for now.  However. I see where Toronto is getting a store as well.  I'll actually be living in South Carolina when this beauty is ready but will be driving it to Toronto on occasion.</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Finally some replies! Welcome both of you! We still have no better idea when our 2010 Roadster will arrive. In addition, we have also reserved a Model S. The Roadster will be our "fun" car, the Model S will eventually become our primary daily driver, at least outside heavy winter conditions (unless they acutally build the AWD version).</p>

<p>Any more west coast owners?</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Hello. I'm in Ottawa. I'm happy to have the multi-year wait because buying the car would be a big financial stretch right now. As beautiful a car as it looks like it will be, I am half hoping for a 4 (or 2+2) seat Tesla powered Smart EV to show up on the scene for half the price before I am asked to make additional commitments to the Model S. Blasphemy, I know, but I fear the Ontario/Canadian price might not be very attractive at the end of the day without some big new government rebates on EVs.</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>The Ontario government has just announced the possibility for providing incentives for electric car purchases such as $10 000 cash rebates, access to designated lanes, and access to government parking lots.  I think that Ontario is going to be a very electric car friendly province in the future.</p>
  • mnxmnx
    edited November -1
    <p>Hamilton, ON here.  Got my reservation in yesterday for the Model S, sequence # CA-43.  Can't wait!!!!!</p>
  • KBFKBF
    edited November -1
    <p>I'm from the Steinbach, Manitoba area - hopefully we follow Ontario's lead with some good EV rebates!  I've reserved a Model S (P4) - should be perfect for my family.  And since our grid is almost entirely hydro, I'll be running on true zero emission energy. </p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Hi, where is everyone finding there numbers from?  On the website or via an e-mail?  I still have not received mine yet...</p>
  • mnxmnx
    edited November -1
    <p>I got an e-mail confirming the reciept of my reservation, the same day I sent it in.  Try contacting:</p>

<p>Matthew Zatto <br />
    Model S - Sales & Marketing<br />
    <script type="text/javascript">eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%6d%7a%61%74%74%6f%40%74%65%73%6c%61%6d%6f%74%6f%72%73%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%6d%7a%61%74%74%6f%40%74%65%73%6c%61%6d%6f%74%6f%72%73%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))</script>  </p>

<p>That is who the e-mail came from.....</p>

<p>- mnx</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Model S # P54 is in Markham!  Any other Markham cars?</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Close to Markham - King City is where my Model S will spend the night.  Just put my deposit in a few weeks back.  Now the long wait.  Hoping my 6'4" frame will fit but am not that worried about it.</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Hi all!<br />
    Marc here in Ottawa,<br />
    Just emailed Matthew Zatto to get my sequence number and he replied right away with:<br />
    "Your sequence number is 56 of the Canadian General Production (P) reservation list."  <br />
    What Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!<br />
    So other then Amos are there any other Ottawaians TMS Owners to-be out there?</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Model S - Reservation #63<br />
    Vancouver, Canada<br />
    Can't wait!!</p>

<p>Any other Vancouver owners?!</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Doug here in Ottawa.  Just got a Roadster on order.  Anyone else in town?</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Victoria BC.</p>

<p>Ordered a model S a year ago but no reservation number yet. Still 2 years to go though!</p>
  • edited November -1
    North Vancouver here...P21 and suffering with the long wait.  A little worried that they don't seem to be moving at all on the production front...at least they are weak in detail for those that believe.
  • edited November -1
    Greetings from Vancouver... where my Roadster arrived last night!   There are apparently three cars in B.C. as of today... mine in Vancouver, one on Salt Spring and one in Sechelt.

Just a note of warning -- we get hit with PST... not sure why I didn't think that'd be the case, but  it was a bit of a (haha) shock when I got it insured.

Driving this car is amazing... it is like nothing you've ever experienced.
  • edited November -1
    Hello Horatio and others,
    Vincent here on Salt Spring Island with a Brilliant Yellow, microfibre, adjustable suspension Roadster 2. Mine was delivered on Thursday, and we promptly charged it up and drove it all the way to Tofino for the weekend. It was a fantastic trip and easy to do one one range-mode charge (each way). Taking the car through the mountains is just the best! I look forward to meeting up with other area owners as our ranks grow. I am also in touch with the very active group in Seattle.
    Happy electric motoring!
  • edited November -1
    Vincent

I love Tofino and the whole drive across Vancouver Island - must have been glorious. We've stayed at Long Beach Lodge a few times. Where do you like to stay in that area (I presume to get a range mode charge to return you have to at least have overnighted)? 

We enjoy similarly great driving and scenery here in Scotland - though with far fewer trees and far more moorland, gorse and heather. The forests on Vancouver Island were just amazing to us.   

Let me know if you ever want to do a "Roadster-swap" vacation. Hopefully the idea is self explanatory: similar to "house swap" (although without the constraint that the vacation dates have to be a perfect match) - you could visit Scotland and borrow our Roadster; we would visit Vancouver Island and borrow yours.  Same offer open to anyone in BC - or other interesting spots to visit!

All the best

Andrew
  • edited November -1
    I have reserved a Model S and am excited about it already. It can't be good for my pulse and BP to be excited for another 2 years. Ah well, I will live with it :) I am in Richmond, BC.  

Anyone know if BC is going to follow Ontario's lead and actually have some EV incentives? Similarly with our federal government? (compared to US government incentives, we are looking like the anti-environmentalists) I looked in the EV incentives forum section, but there was only a mention of the Ontario program.
  • edited November -1
    I am located near Toronto, and my Roadster was delivered in May. What a great ride! I still can't get used to all of the attention while driving on the 401.
    Does anyone know of any public charging locations either west or east of Toronto, near the 401?
    I'd like to find a spot near London to charge, and somewhere halfway between Toronto and Ottawa would be excellent.

Thanks,

David
  • edited November -1
    David,

You might want to ask Hans at the Toronto store where he charged when he came up to Ottawa a few weeks ago. He stopped by a campground and recharged at an RV slot. Kinda expensive, though, at $75 (full night's rental, unfortunately).

Doug
  • edited November -1
    Kevin here in Lethbridge, Alberta.

Zipping around town in my 2010 electric blue roadster .... :)
  • edited November -1
    I'n in Lethbridge, Alberta - I'm the closest I think so far - but still too far for me to go there :( - think of all the charging stops I would need to make lol...

I have a 2010 Electric Blue Roadster - and it's alot of fun! Had it for about a month now and pushing 5000 km lol.
  • edited November -1
    Hello all! Last week I reserved a Model S (P107) and I'm looking forward to seeing just how it will perform on the weekend Muskoka rush! Those that travel up to Muskoka from Toronto throughout the spring and summer will know what I'm talking about. By my estimate, I make roughly 15-20 round-trips each year - each way 150km+ at fairly high speeds up and down hills... 300km+ round trip currently averaging about 11.5 liters/100km when I try to go easy - so that's over 500 liters of fuel and emissions I'll be saving the planet (assuming evening recharges, fueled by Niagra Falls or Bruce/Pickering) while visiting the cottage each year (not to mention other trips). Given that we head north to get out in the country where fresh air and water abound, it seems fitting that I jump at this new preservation opportunity!