Europe

The Netherlands

Ok here is where the Dutch Model S (P #) and Model S Signature (S #) owners should register.

As far is I could find we are 3 future owners up till now in Holland:

# P 16 goes to Michael Stegen in RHOON, near Rotterdam.

# P 34 goes to Derk in THE HAGUE.

# S 20 is for myself, Bernd Gerson Lohman in VOORHOUT, near Noordwijk aan Zee.

Any more Dutch future Model S owners who didn't register yet. Please make yourself known here :-)

Comments

• edited November -1
    <p>Getting my Roadster next week hopefully (VIN140). Considering registering for the Mode S as well (the 4000 euro package that is).</p>
  • HPHP
    edited November -1
    <p>Here is another Dutch 'owner' of a model S.<br />
    Han uit Bedum/Groningen. <br />
    When I see the interior looks and the video at oncars.com i cannot wait to have it shipped!<br />
    What a joy it must be to ride. <br />
    Hope they come of with prices, colours and more specs soon.</p>
  • <p>Hey Han-Paul,</p>

<p>Welcome on board. I try to keep track of everybody in The Netherlands. Please specify if you odered the Model S (starts with a P# in Europe) or a Model S "Signature" (starts with a S# in Europe).<br />
    So as of now we are 4 Model S owners in The Netherlands!<br />
    # P  16 goes to Michael Stegen in RHOON, near Rotterdam (Zuid Holland).<br />
    # P  34 goes to Derk in THE HAGUE (Zuid Holland).<br />
    # S  20 is for myself, Bernd Gerson Lohman in VOORHOUT, near Noordwijk aan Zee (Zuid Holland).<br />
    # P 106 goes to Han in BEDUM (Groningen).</p>

<p>Any more Dutch future Model S owners who didn't register yet. <br />
    Please make yourself known here :-) </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>
  • HPHP
    edited November -1
    <p>Hi Bernd and other owmners,</p>

<p>Mu serienumber is P106<br />
    Not as high as yours and as i hoped for.<br />
    Something went wrong between paying and receiving my registration number.<br />
    But waiting for this beauty will be rewarded!<br />
    Hope the new dutch government will please us with the right tax treatments!</p>

<p>Grut ut Grun</p>

<p>Han</p>
  • edited November -1
    P270 will be driving in Ridderkerk (near Rotterdam).
  • edited November -1
    Hallo Ad,

Welcome to the club of DUTCH Model S owners. I try to keep track of everybody in The Netherlands. Please specify if you odered the Model S (starts with a P# in Europe) or a Model S "Signature" (starts with a S# in Europe).
    So as of now we are 5 Model S owners in The Netherlands!
    # P  16 goes to Michael Stegen in RHOON, near Rotterdam (Zuid Holland).
    # P  34 goes to Derk in THE HAGUE (Zuid Holland).
    # S  20 is for myself, Bernd Gerson Lohman in VOORHOUT, near Noordwijk aan Zee (Zuid Holland).
    # P 106 goes to Han in BEDUM (Groningen).
    # P 270 goes to Ad in RIDDERKERK, near Rotterdam (Zuid Holland).
    # P  ? goes to Jan Strijker in ????

I discoverd under "All Regions" that Jan Strijker also ordered a Model S and he is also from the Netherlands but where exactly he lives and what his production number is I do not know.... So Jan if you read this please specify the info, thanks.

Any more Dutch future Model S owners who didn't register yet.
    Please make yourself known here :-)

Thank you!
  • edited November -1
    Although it's still a (long) while until I can drive my own EV I thought it would be useful to think about charging.

I am planning to put a charging point in front of my shop which should be accesible 24/7. I've been in contact with Mr. Green (can't help it, it's the name of the company) for advise, but maybe there is some expertise here as well.

They have offered me the "EV Box" which can deliver 400 V, 16 A. Any thoughts, suggestions?
  • edited November -1
    For a Tesla Roadster any ordinary CEE plug is fine. In Europe the types you can easily connect to are:
    CEE 32A red (3-phase) plug
    CEE 16A red (3-phase) plug
    CEE CARA blue 32A (single phase) plug (not permitted e.g. in Switzerland)
    CEE CARA blue 16A (single phase) plug (so called "camping plug")
    You can find those types in Holland e.g. via http://www.conrad.nl (search for Krachtstroom, CEE).

If you want to charge a Tesla Roadster from empty to full in about 7 hours you will need a 32A plug. So whatever you do, pull wiring for 32A and not just 16A. My Roadster was delivered with a connection to a stock household 240V/10A (OK for slow charging) and an MC240 fitted with a standard red 32A CEE plug. I mounted in my garage therefore just this red CEE 32A with a set of separate fuses. Such ordinary power plugs can be mounted in most places without particular regulatory difficulties as these are very common indeed. Otherwise, in view of the fluid state of new standards (CEE-plus Mennekes etc.), I would not invest too much. I have heard of some installations of a Tesla Home Connector. To be able to install that, drawing 64A on a single phase, requires a tolerant local electricity board and can become expensive (my house has only 3x64A underground).

If your parking is close to the house wall, you might consider mounting at first the plug or plugs inside and to just drill a 10cm dia. hole to reach the connector through. This leaves most of the electrics, inlcuding eventually the MC240 nicely dry and controllable inside, whilst still being able to charge a car outside. If then later you would like to add a publicly accessible box outside, you have at least your hole in the wall. Further information about outside boxes can be found e.g. also here: http://www.lemnet.org/ParkCharge_info.htm
    - Alfred (Switzerland)
    Some more thoughts on charging: http://web.me.com/alfredar/Alfreds_Pages/Recharging.html
  • edited November -1
    Waarom praten jullie allemaal engels met elkaar op de nederlandse kant van de site...?
  • edited November -1
    PREVIOUS QUESTION BY PETER-PAUL IN DUTCH: "Waarom praten jullie allemaal Engels met elkaar op de Nederlandse kant van de site...?"

TRANSLATION: Why do you all speak English with each other on the Dutch part of this site?

ANSWER: This entire forum is in English and this part is not meant as a “Dutch part of the siteâ€Â
  • edited November -1
    As stated before I try to keep track of every (future) Tesla Model S owner in The Netherlands.
    Please specify if you ordered the Model S (starts with a P# in Europe) or a Model S "Signature" (starts with a S# in Europe).
    As of now we are 6 Model S owners in The Netherlands!
    # P 16 goes to Michael Stegen in RHOON, near Rotterdam (Zuid Holland).
    # P 34 goes to Derk in THE HAGUE (Zuid Holland).
    # S 20 is for myself, Bernd Gerson Lohman in VOORHOUT, near Noordwijk aan Zee (Zuid Holland).
    # P 106 goes to Han in BEDUM (Groningen).
    # P 270 goes to Ad van der Meer in RIDDERKERK, near Rotterdam (Zuid Holland).
    # P ? goes to Jan Strijker in ???? I discovered under "All Regions" that Jan Strijker also ordered a Model S and he is also from the Netherlands but where exactly he lives and what his production number is I do not know.... So Jan if you read this please specify the info, thanks.
    # P ? goes to ??? (Wododh B.V.), in Middelburg (Zeeland). He was discovered by Ad on internet and we are trying to get his name and number.
    Anymore Dutch future Model S owners who didn't register yet? Please make yourself known here :-) Thank you!
  • edited November -1
    Reporting from the south of Holland, Zeeland (Middelburg) to be exact!

I've made a reservation for a Model S, but don't know my production number.

Really can't wait to make a testdrive in a Model S :)
  • edited November -1
    Well guys, good luck waiting for the model S. I was tyred of waiting and ordered a roadster instead. It arrived last friday, but i only have to wait until the 1st week of januari to drive her in order to make it a 2011 car. Lets hope your model S car will be 2012 Cars at the latest!

Regards,

Berend
  • edited November -1
    It must be torture to have a Roadster in your garage for 3 weeks without being able to take it on the road, but enjoy...

Did you cancel a Model S reservation and if so, which number?
  • edited November -1
    Ouch, that really hurts! The first thing you want to do is take your Roadster out and hit the roads!

A friend of mine ordered a Roadster which will be arriving in Januari (we hope), can't wait to take that one out either.

I certainly did not cancel my reservation for the Model S, but it has been quite from Tesla's side for some now? Is there any new information for reservation holders?
  • edited November -1
    The only thing I've read is that an alpha prototype is supposed to be ready before the end of the year.... and that's not that far away...

I also read that Model S would be at the Detroit Auto Show jan 2011...

The most important thing I would like to know is about quick charging in Europe.
  • edited November -1
    Oh yes, indeed, quickcharging in Europe. 3-phase 230V 32A is not that hard to get in The Netherlands, it's even an option when you buy a new house.

But a alpha prototype would be cool, any idea where they are going to show it? London would be nice, i'd go there just to check the Model S out.
  • HPHP
    edited November -1
    Hi Dutch Tesla fans,

Just received my second roadster! Last year a dinky-toy, together with Tesla cap and drinking-mok. This year a remote controlled roadster of about 25 cm, so it grows! Next year a model S for Christmas?? Beside of these promotional gifts, we also considered buying a real roadster, because waiting took long.. Finally decided to upgrade to the signature series, hoping that would result in driving electric before the summer of 2012. So number S49 is ours now. Kept the P number and will see how specs and prices will differ. My quess is that Tesla waits till Frankfurt (september) with european promotion and selling.
    Hope 2011 brings us more information and a test drive!
    Happy new Tesla to you all!
  • edited November -1
    Rogier started a Facebook page for Teslafans in the Benelux:

http://www.facebook.com/teslaclubbenelux
  • edited November -1
    Only for owners? Or also owners to be? :-)
  • edited November -1
    Also owners to be... I only have a Model S reservation.
  • edited November -1
    In a newsletter sent today, Tesla announced they will open a Tesla Store in Eindhoven this year. #excited
  • edited November -1
    Yes, that is cool :) I'll be there when it opens!
  • edited November -1
    I was at the Amsterdam auto show last night and I heard the Benelux Tesla Store in Eindhoven will open in 2 months. Construction has started as I understood. I hope it will have the same great looks as the San Jose store.

It will be situated in the same building as BMW, which is on the corner of Huizingalaan and Hondsruglaan.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the update Ad, can't wait to visit it when it opens :-)