Other

Indiana

edited July 2010 in Other

Any other Hoosiers out there, or am I the first?

Since charging stations are few and far between out here I would be happy to make mine available to anyone passing through the area.  I'm in West Lafayette - off of I-65 between Chicago and Indianapolis.  Text or call, Dan 765-714-1041.

Comments

• edited November -1
    <p>From a Purdue Alumni and fellow Hoosier(Ft. Wayne) - Congrats!<br />
    Where are you in West Lafayette?</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>I'm on Happy Hollow, just off of US52.</p>
  • edited November -1
    <p>Coincidence - I lived on the same street but the other side of US52 (Soldiers Home Road).  Would love to sync up.  Do you ever get out to the Bay Area (San Fran)? - or into Fort Wayne?  We can move this off-forum send to: <script type="text/javascript">eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%73%74%65%76%65%2e%68%61%6e%64%40%67%6d%61%69%6c%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%73%74%65%76%65%2e%68%61%6e%64%40%67%6d%61%69%6c%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b'))</script></p>
  • edited November -1
    I'm outside of Batesville in the Southeastern corner of the state. Just reserved a Model S and a Model X.
  • edited November -1
    East-southeast area (Connersville/Rushville). Model S P2619 and finalizing this week for delivery...
  • edited November -1
    South of Indy, just finalized.
  • edited November -1
    Our NEMA 50A plug is live. If you're passing between Indianapolis and Cincinnati feel free to stop by for a visit and charge. We are about 1 hour from both citys, just off US 52. If you like to hike, bring your shoes. We have about 75 acres of beautiful hills, woods and creeks to explore while you charge up. We also have a guest room with private bath and kitchenette if you need an overnight. Leave me a message or text at 317-432-1826.
  • edited November -1
    @kklabunde That's a really generous offer. I might take you up on that at some point.

I've had my car for about a month and we have a place on a small lake outside of Angola, IN with a 14-50 in the garage. We're about 9 miles from the intersection of I-80/90 and I-69 so it could be a convenient stop for longer distance trips. Send me email at [email protected] a few days in advance and I can probably make it available to you. We have kayaks if you need to kill time while charging.

Our primary residence is in West Michigan and we have a 14-50 there as well, but we're spending most of our time in Indiana these days.

I still haven't seen another Model S in person other than the white P85 I drove in PA in December.
  • edited November -1
    Hi All,

I just traveled from Chicago to Columbus, Oh for a family funeral with a stop overnight in Indy at my cousin's house in Fishers. I should have checked this site as I was looking for a safe place to charge the car overnight as my cousin's dryer outlet is on the second floor of his house. It is really nice that people are offering chargers on this site. My cousin, who had purchased all his cars from the Ford dealer in Fishers, talked the salesman at the Ford dealership to allow the use overnight of their electric charger. 240v/30A with a J plug. While I doubt the dealership would make it a common practice to allow a lot of public use...if it is an emergency it is a nice charger close to the highway. I also spoke with the KOL camp site about charging Teslas on the highway just outside of Indy heading to Columbus (Greerly?). They were fine with charging the car on their 50 A plugs. There were nice cabins to rent and a pool. Depending on how busy they are you may have to pay full rates for an RV spot. I hope Indy gets supercharger soon. It would make travel in the area easier.
  • edited November -1
    To Hoosiers near Lafayette,

Dan has been gracious enough to offer his 14-50 for our trip to Florida on December 21.

I am hoping however, to luck out and find an available HPWC near Lafayette to make things easier & faster. My 85 has the twin chargers.

And to all Hoosiers,
    I have an HPWC available if you need to top off when passing through. I am located 3 miles from the Rt 60 exit off interstate 94 in Lake Forest, IL

Please feel free to call or text me and I can drop you off if you want to have some great food while your car gets charged. We have an award winning Sushi restaurant sushikushitoyo.wix.com/sushikushitoyo‎.
    Captain (Apollo 13)James Lovell's son has an equally acclaimed restaurant just across the street. www.lovellsoflakeforest.com
    Amazing memorabilia photos that bring back great memories of the time.

Thanks again Dan for your "lightning fast" reply.

Ivan 847-975-3444
  • edited November -1
    Dan3:

I am a recently retired Purdue professor now living in Zionsville, IN. My S model will arrive this March.

Double coincidence: I moved here from 180 Sumac Drive in W, Lafayette, just off Happy Hollow Road.
  • edited November -1
    I am traveling to Muncie, IN in Aug to attend the IRCHA rc helicopter show. I'll need a little charge while there. Does anyone have a HPWC or just a 14-50 I could use for a few hours? I'll buy you a beer!

I have tried the local welding shops, RV parks and marinas already.

The closest J1772 looks to be near Indianapolis.

Thanks,

Jay Gallagher
    (919) 749-9021 cell
    Black/Grey P85
    Raleigh, NC
  • edited November -1
    Hello. I'm looking to benefit from your practical experience. I live in northern VA and will be traveling to Indy to visit family in May. I've got an S85 with 19's.

How close can you get to Indy from either the Maumee or Angola superchargers? Can I do that part of the trip as a leg or will I need to stop somewhere between for a partial charge?

It looks really close but possible based on evtripplanner data but I'm hoping someone in the neighborhood has done the leg and can provide important feedback.

Appreciate the help.
    Bill
  • edited November -1
    Just learned that Bartholomew County REMC this fall will begin offering time-of-day discounts to residential customers. They call it their Time Of Use (TOU) program. This means that those of us who live in BC REMC's service area near Columbus can charge our Model S at night for 7.8 cents per kWh. Current non-TOU rate from BC REMC is about 10 cents per. Tesla website sez national average is 12 cents.
  • edited November -1
    Hay @jamcsmit, that's awesome! I live in Columbus, but am with Duke Energy. No such thing with Duke unfortunately, but their rate isn't too bad to begin with.

Do you live around Columbus? If so, which Tesla do you have? I have a Black Long-Range RWD Model 3.