Washington DC

Tesla Body Shops

edited November -1 in Washington DC
I was unlucky enough to have my Model S rear ended this past weekend on RT 7 in VA while stopped at a red light. To my surprise, since the last time I looked, there are way more Tesla approved body shops in the area, and even a few Tesla owned and operated ones for "minor" repairs. I chose Falls Church Autobody after Owings Mills Tesla shop said it was too big of a job for them. Anyone have any recent experiences? They said parts may take weeks to get in, and expect 6 weeks for repair. It has been less than a week, but I miss my Model S so much.
I hate my loaner car, Infinity QX70.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope the repairs are done quickly. Please keep us informed. Thanks.
  • edited February 2019
    Thanks for your email of support. Does not sound like Tesla parts are readily available. FC AutoBody ordered the parts, but are expected to take 4 weeks, that is 4 weeks before they can even begin repairs! I am already missing my S, almost 5 years of driving nothing else, it is a big change driving a gas car. Hopefully me next update is more positive.
  • edited March 2019
    How are the repairs coming along? Is Falls Church Autobody doing right by you? Thx.