Model 3

"Standard Battery available in 4-6 months"

edited February 2019 in Model 3
Since it's been showing that for 6 months in my configuration page, does it mean I traveled back in time?
Am I 6 months younger?

Anyone has newspaper so I can check the date?

Comments

• edited November -1
    ELON time = Early, Late Or Now.
  • edited February 2019
    It will probably say the same thing 6 months from now. :-)
  • edited February 2019
    Meanwhile, here in Colorado you can actually buy a Model 3 with a mid-range battery for $34,150 after federal and state tax credits. Crazy.
  • edited February 2019
    You know what they say about a watched pot never boils. Likewise it may come to be if you stop checking and asking.
  • edited February 2019
    They never dropped a damaged lithium ion in battery in one.
  • edited February 2019
    You know what they say about Tuning In posts, they jam the toilet those big old turds

because it’s the first time I log in configurator in 6
    months
  • edited February 2019
    All I can say is that it sucks to be you. No humor and no car.
  • edited February 2019
    Does anyone know how long is the reservation list? Last time I heard close to 400k but that was before the mid-range came out.
  • edited February 2019
    I don’t know what humor is, I went to school to learn to write properly
  • edited February 2019
    The standard battery has been showing 4-6 months since as I remember Sept 2017 at least that is how it was in my account. Now that I have the LR I would never buy the SR unless I wanted a city car only. Also with cold weather really cuts down on the range. I am so glad to have the LR in many ways. I do get it some ppl just only need the SR if that's you well 4 to 6 months, the question is when with they start that timer. Because until that 4-6 month time starts you are in perpetual waiting........
  • edited February 2019
    My guess is as follows: SR available right before Q3, sometime in May. Tesla updates website around March/April. Only PUP at first, then standard interior to follow in Q3. This will prevent many people on the reservation list from ordering, so TESLA is not bombarded with deliveries before Q3, and people can take advantage of the $3750 tax credit. I, myself, am waiting for SR with AWD. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be available until Q3 or Q4.
  • edited November -1
    Teslanene, it is nowhere near 400K anymore, but Tesla is not saying. I am certain enough to say that there is still thousands upon thousands of people waiting on the standard range battery. I suppose one could go to the latest earnings report and look at the amount of money Tesla has on hand for deposits and come up with a rough estimate from that.
  • edited February 2019
    In the time it takes for them to actually get standard battery to market, you could save enough money to get the mid-range. Also, by the time standard battery actually gets to market, all the financial incentives will be gone. I'd take it as it is, because after all the financial incentives TODAY, the mid-range is practically the standard range without incentives.
  • SOSO
    edited February 2019
    andy.connor.e
    +1
  • edited February 2019
    Standard range delivery has little to do with time. It has to be profitable for Tesla to sell them. When the costs come down to a point when Tesla can make a profit, they will start making them available. Selling a high-volume product at a loss is a sure way to go out of business.
  • edited February 2019
    I want a range of 5 to 6 hundred miles. I dream big.
  • edited February 2019
    A 2020 Roadster is waiting for you big dreamer ;)
  • edited February 2019
    It does have a range of 600+ miles
  • edited November -1
    You can easily get 500 miles from a LR Model 3. Emphasis on "easy" meaning go really, really easy on the accelerator, in FL, when it's 75 degs out, no AC going, tire pressure to the max and going only 25 mph on an absolute flat road.
  • edited February 2019
    There are videos out there of guys getting 600 miles with that method. Amazing.
  • edited February 2019
    Most boring 600 miles ever.
  • edited February 2019
    haha - true that!
  • edited November -1
  • edited February 2019
    I want 600 miles range driving in the winding hills of WV doing 80+ in the middle of winter on autopilot with a trunk and frunk full of gear.
  • edited February 2019
    And that you shall have. Patience, my friend.