Model 3

Commands for Tesla: A Tesla app for iPhone and Apple Watch

edited April 2019 in Model 3
**This forum thread is for feature request and support for Commands for Tesla iOS and watchOS app**

Commands for Tesla adds Siri Shortcuts, today widget and Apple Watch support for your Tesla vehicle

In this forum thread, I will answer all questions, feature requests, and bug reports for Commands for Tesla app.

Supported vehicles: Model 3, S & X
Current version: 1.3
Download link from App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1445054572?ls=1&mt=8

Twitter: @Commands4Tesla

Apple Watch features:
- Sentry Mode
- Lock or unlock the doors
- Turn on or off the auto conditioning system
- Flash the lights
- Honk the horn
- Open the front trunk (aka Frunk)
- Open the back trunk
- See the temperature of inside and outside of the car
- Set the cabin temperature
- Turn on seat heater for driver and passenger
- Check the battery status of your car
- See the charging status of your car
- Open charger port
- Set charge limit
- See the last location of your car on map
- See the last location address of your car

You can use Siri shortcuts to send commands to your car and hear the current status of your car with below functionalities:
- Sentry Mode
- Open the charge port
- Flash the lights
- Honk the horn
- Open the back trunk
- Get the inside temperature of your car
- Get the outside temperature of your car
- Find out how much range remained

Today widget supported:
- Sentry Mode
- Flash the lights
- Honk the horn
- Open the back trunk

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Nice interface, and the watch app looks alot nicer than EV Watch! I'll have to skip a couple coffees, then I can buy it.
  • edited February 2019
    App looks great!

Maybe use only 2 or 3 significant figures for the temperature. Mine reports inside temp as “31.27999999...”. I appreciate the accuracy, but 31 degrees would give me a good enough idea of how cold it is.
  • edited February 2019
    @tyson
    Thank you for checking out the app. I'm sorry for temperature issue, that will be fixed in next release along with other improvements.
  • edited February 2019
    @kcheng
    Thank you for checking out the app, I hope you could use it soon :)
    Let me know if you had any questions.
  • edited February 2019
    Are you planning on releasing for android also?
  • edited February 2019
    @sroh
    Yes, we are planning an android version for near future.
  • edited February 2019
    Can this also be adapted to Tizen, for us Samsung Gear users??
  • edited February 2019
    is this the same as the already successful STATS for tesla app?
  • edited February 2019
    @Aridala
    We are currently investigating possible options for app for android wearable devices.
  • edited February 2019
    @tatz
    No, we currently do not support any Stat feature in the Commands for Tesla app. They main purpose of the app currently is Apple Watch and Siri Shortcuts support. We're however, investigating possible options for adding Stats features to the app for future.
  • edited February 2019
    @commands,
    Thanks. I am envious of the iPhone folks who are able to use Stats. Unfortunately, the developer has indicated he is not planning on porting over to android.

At your price point, I expect many android users will give it a try.,
  • edited February 2019
    @sroh
    Thank you for pointing out. I hope we can get the android version done as soon as possible.
  • edited February 2019
    @commands,
    Trying to add shortcut Siri command "Open Charge Port". Recorded voice. How do I save the shortcut as instructed? (this stuff is new to me).
  • edited March 2019
    This is a nice looking app for a start. Would be great to clean up the icons a little bit (ie there are some extraneous lines in the lock/unlock icon). I am still using EV Watch until this app comes up with range remaining in the Infograph corner complication, which I find very useful from EV Watch.
  • edited March 2019
    Definitely looks nicer than the Remote S app that I already have. Only purchased it to use the Siri Shortcuts... :-)
  • edited March 2019
    just bought the app, works great. Definitely would like the icons to look cleaner if possible (should look like they appear on an iphone).
  • edited March 2019
    @Carpe Manana
    Thank you for checking out the app.
    For saving the shortcut, generally after recording your phrase, you have to tap the done button on the top right side of the screen and after that, you can use the command with Siri even the time your iPhone is locked. For example, you can say: "Hey Siri unlock the charge port".
    I hope it helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  • edited March 2019
    @benichols
    Thank you for checking out the app and your suggestions. I will ask our designer to check the possible options for making the icons to look better.
    Please note that this is our first version and the feedback from you and other users will help us a lot in making the app better, thank you for your support.
  • edited March 2019
    @gbb0131
    Thank you for your nice comments, I'm glad you liked the app.
    Please let us know if you have any suggestions or any feature you would like to see in the app.
  • edited March 2019
    @scherer326
    Thank you so much for your support. We will work on those and hopefully, we make them better in the next few releases. Currently, we're waiting for approval from Apple for our next release which includes the fix for decimal places for the temperature inside and outside of the vehicle and also includes more accurate feedbacks from Siri.
  • edited March 2019
    @commands,
    Thanks for your reply. I got it to open the charge port. Later, I added the shortcut for "Flash the Lights". When I tried it, Siri said the car was waking up, and to try again in a few minutes. I waited some time, and then got a message that the connection failed. I went to the Tesla app and waited for the car to wake up, and then told Siri to flash the lights, and it worked. Does the car always have to be wakened before I can flash the lights?
  • edited March 2019
    I don’t see the app on my Apple Watch. Any ideas? All software and apps up,to date.
  • edited March 2019
    One thing I hate about the native Tesla app is that when I want to turn on the HVAC, it has to sit there and wait for the car to wake up before I can actually turn it on. Why can't it let me turn it on right away and then wake up the car after the fact so I don''t have to stand there like a doofus. Most times, by the time it finally wakes up, I could have walked out to the car and turned it on myself.

I want to tell it what to do first and then have it wake up the car after its accepted my instructions. Can the Commands app do that?
  • edited March 2019
    nice app.Siri shortcuts very useful. HVAC Temperature setting does not work for me. Any way to enable the app on the watch to be a complication so it can be on the watch home screen?
  • edited March 2019
    @Carpe Manana
    Thank you for letting me know, I'm glad I could help.
    The main thing about the communication between any Tesla app and the car is any command should go through Tesla servers, this means there is no other way as of now to communicate directly between the app and your car. For making the communication over Tesla servers, because this happens over the internet connection of the car, if the car is asleep, it has to become awake first and then the command can be sent to car.