Model 3

SR and SR+ delivery dates?

edited November -1 in Model 3
Anyone received delivery dates for their SR or SR plus orders? Is the 2-4 weeks seeming like a true estimate? After Elon's recent twitter comments regarding the SR ramp I'm considering going with an LR or AWD to get the car more quickly.

Comments

• edited March 2019
    I ordered a SR+ on 3/1 with an "estimated delivery within 2 weeks." I have not received a VIN yet, so I'm not holding my breath. My account doesn't say anything new, but the website still says 2 weeks, which is interesting. Who knows?
  • edited March 2019
    If there is demand like at the end of last year, the orders from the east coast will probably get theirs first leaving Bay Area until last.
  • edited March 2019
    I ordered on 3/2 SR+, my delivery says "within 2 weeks" (San Antonio, Texas). I don't have a VIN yet, but my status shows "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." Fingers crossed I get to pick it up next week sometime...
  • edited March 2019
    UPDATE: I JUST got an email from my delivery advisor that said: "We anticipate matching you to a VIN within the next 2-5 weeks" (SR+ , ordered 3/2, Texas)
  • edited March 2019
    Electrek just posted today that SR models are coming off the line and getting ready for customer delivery, 550+

https://electrek.co/2019/03/06/tesla-standard-model-3-production/
  • edited March 2019
    Awesome. Thanks for the feedback everyone! -Teslanene: Since it's already the last month of Q1 I would guess that priority will go to where they can deliver by EOQ. I'm in Portland, OR so it may not be a stretch to get one in Q1. I would suspect for April production they would start prioritising east coast deliveries so they are delivered by end of Q2.
  • edited March 2019
    I just turned in my lease yesterday because the ETA said within 2 weeks on my order.....I hope I am not car-less for much longer :(
  • edited March 2019
    @Dravize:
    "I just turned in my lease yesterday because the ETA said within 2 weeks on my order.....I hope I am not car-less for much longer"

Oh, wow. Someone should have warned you about Tesla's time estimates. Tesla's original ETA for my car was November 2017 and I didn't get it until the end of March 2018. I hope things are better for you.
  • SR+, reserved the day after the initial reveal. I called Tesla today for an unrelated question but the guy said I should get a call next week about the VIN. Cautiously optimistic.
  • edited March 2019
    I ordered LR RWD on 3/4. Will keep you posted. I've been reading he's shipping cars to Europe. Wonder if they will pull US cars out of the shipment or build new ones to meet orders. Time will tell I guess.
  • edited March 2019
    @JYOinSA: That's great! Yours is the first update I've read so far. Hopefully they stay on track for you. Good luck!
  • edited November -1
    "I just turned in my lease yesterday because the ETA said within 2 weeks on my order.....I hope I am not car-less for much longer :("

LOL.
  • edited March 2019
    Update: my account page still shows "Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date" despite the order page showing 2-4 weeks for SR+. No VIN yet, no updates from my delivery advisor... Will keep updated... (SR+ w/ AP, black, ordered 3/2 from Texas)
  • edited March 2019
    @series75: Europe and China cars have different specs, not the least completely different charging port. So no, they wouldn't pull any US cars out of the shipment as there aren't any.

Conventional wisdom in the past iwth S and X was they switch the lines to produce overseas cars the first two months of each quarter, so they have time to ship and be delivered by the end of the quarter, and US cars in the last month of the quarter that need less transit time to reach owners in the last few weeks of the quarter.
  • edited March 2019
    Some people are getting their SR+ and SR model delivery dates today.
  • edited March 2019
    I just got a text from tesla that says: "we expect your Tesla Model 3 to be delivered between 3/16 and 3/28. For a smooth delivery process..... "

I logged in but still see no VIN. I also sent my delivery advisor an email to confirm the validity of the text. (SR+ w/ AP, black, ordered 3/2 from Texas)
  • edited March 2019
    I just received the same text from Tesla indicating that they expect our Model 3 to be delivered between 3/21 - 3/29. (SR+, White, ordered 03/04 from Wisconsin).
  • edited March 2019
    I also received the text with a 3/10 - 3/17 window. I ordered SR+ on 2/28 and live in the Bay Area. No VIN number on account yet, but a call to Tesla (for something unrelated), confirmed that a VIN had been created.
  • No text message yet here :( Ordered on the 5th. SR+ Black/black/ ( Montreal, Canada )
  • edited March 2019
    TheDavis510 & Tanner8181 ... Did y'all order the SR+ with Auto Pilot or not? Just curious.
  • edited March 2019
    UPDATE: Ordered 3/4, got call with Vin 3/7, pickup 3/16 due to scheduling logistics. Only thing kinda (minimal) bothers me is its a late 2018 production. Car is in New York warehouse and has to be brought to site. Its almost like I'm buying a "leftover" (would have been bargaining point) at regular new car price. But I do realize, if I had bought this car in late 2018 it would have cost much more.LR RWD
  • edited March 2019
    Seems like a lot of us are getting that email today. My delivery window is 3/12 - 3/24. I don't have a specified delivery adviser, so I just called the main number. The person thought my delivery would be towards the end of that window or possibly even later. I guess we'll see. Reservation on 4/1/16; ordered on 3/1 for a Midnight Silver SR+ w/o AP; delivery will be just outside Philadelphia, PA. I'm hoping they're hustling to deliver as many cars before the end of Q1 for financial reasons. Fingers crossed!
  • edited March 2019
    Seems like a lot of us are getting that email today. My delivery window is 3/12 - 3/24. I don't have a specified delivery adviser, so I just called the main number. The person thought my delivery would be towards the end of that window or possibly even later. I guess we'll see. Reservation on 4/1/16; ordered on 3/1 for a Midnight Silver SR+ w/o AP; delivery will be just outside Philadelphia, PA. I'm hoping they're hustling to deliver as many cars before the end of Q1 for financial reasons. Fingers crossed!
  • edited March 2019
    Their delivery time has gotten much better. I ordered my LR RWD at the end of August 2018 and took delivery on 9/29. They tried to deliver it a week early but I was out of town.
  • edited March 2019
    JYOinSA - I ordered our SR+ w/o AP