Model 3

If there's a software upgrade to bring the LR Dual Motor acceleration close as the Performance, I wo

edited November -1 in Model 3
I only care about the software upgrade without the hardware stuff if it's available I would gladly pay for it.

Ok the LR Dual Motor has a nice acceleration but now I would love to increase so it's close to the Performance spec :-)

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Wait for a end of quarter when cash flow is low. That's the only chance you have of ever seeing them do that.
  • edited March 2019
    Would you pay $10,000 to be exactly the same?
  • edited March 2019
    Yeah, ideas like this for a cash grab are way better than the constant adjustment of pricing and devaluing of our owned cars!
  • edited March 2019
    I’d do this. I just looked at trading in for a performance, but it took a while for my loan and registration on the AWD that I’d don’t want to go through the process again. Took too much time.

But if they offered up a upgrade for my current car I’d do it.
  • edited March 2019
    @lbowroom

Around 6K$ I think could be alright for just a software update for extra acceleration, anyway it’s easy money for Tesla....imagine all the LR AWD already sold that could convert.

Also it will prepare myself for my next purchase in a few years....The new Roadster haha
  • edited March 2019
    If you could download an update that gave Performance-level performance for cheaper than the the cost to include it when you bought the car, everyone would do that instead of ordering Performance with the car.

It would have to either cost the same, or deliver less performance.
  • edited March 2019
    @Daryl

That's why I carefully chose my words....acceleration "close" as the Performance :-)
  • edited March 2019
    How about choose your own acceleration then. $1,000 per 0.1s decrease in 0-60
  • edited March 2019
    @lbowroom

I also taught about that but maybe they want to keep it simple.
  • edited March 2019
    I was being facetious....
  • edited March 2019
    I learned another word after googling facetious haha
  • edited March 2019
    I have a chip on my shoulder since I paid full price
  • edited March 2019
    @Daryl That's exactly what they did with the AP/FSD upgrade price sale that supposedly ends tomorrow...it's 3k cheaper for FSD if you didn't order it in the 1st place in 2018...so why not offer performance upgrade for 3k cheaper too?
  • edited March 2019
    I don’t mind paying 6K for let say a 3.9 sec acceleration 0-60mph, don’t need the same acceleration as the performance :-)
  • edited March 2019
    I'd happily pay for an upgrade to either the full Performance package, or even something a bit less( i.e. software upgrade only without any of the other goodies).

I had to choose between a $8000 rebate on my AWD or $3000 rebate on a performance model as Quebec tied their rebate to MSRP :(

Someone text Elon!
  • edited March 2019
    Yeah, I think Tesla could definitely coax more green out of my pocket with a scheme like this. The Dual Motor is quick, but I find myself wanting more ;)
  • edited November -1
    Tesla should not offer any after the purchase performance upgrades. It devalues the Performance models that some folks thought worth the extra money. Not sure how much more Tesla can tarnish their own brand but this would just be one more way.
  • They have done it it the past.

What about the free power upgrade, what other car company does that?
  • edited March 2019
    I'd be in on this as well. In fact I'm not purchasing the AP for $2k because I do think they'll give us the option to upgrade our AWD cars. So many people are asking and it's an easy cash grab.

As far as pissing off the Performance owners, our AWD cars would be P- cars, not P+ cars. Even if they matched the power of the Performance, it still wouldn't be a performance and wouldn't have all those extra bits. I think $5-6k to match the Performance acceleration would be a decent number that wouldn't piss off the P owners too much. Maybe do a $3k option to get it halfway there.

Take my money Tesla!
  • edited March 2019
    @ minervo.florida "They have done it it the past."

Yes, they have, but It is a very shortsighted and misguided move.

It is diminishing the premium image and value of the Tesla brand especially the more expensive upscale models (i.e. BMW "M" series). It also causes more people to buy the cheapest model possible with the expected anticipation that they can save money down the road when Tesla has an end of the month/quarter fire sale.

Wait, the most premium EV brand on the planet needs to have fire sales all the time to try and make the numbers!!

This is generating a very stupid purchasing paradigm and making Tesla look like a desperate corner huckster.

They should hold the price "value" of all their models and options.

THIS IS JUST STUPID.
  • edited March 2019
    @howard

I disagree! I was suppose to buy a few years ago the base Model 3 but I wanted so bad the Model 3 that I purchase a Model 3 LR Dual motor because it was available...don't under estimate Tesla marketting, there not like all the others company and they are doing things differently so that's Tesla! Forget the old marketting, Tesla is doing so much better and now the car industries are playing catch up time!

Paying options via software upgrade is so cool!!! And it's the best way to make money on an already sold car! This is the future :-)
  • edited March 2019
    Yes @TM3Q!! Agreed, it's just a speed upgrade, it wouldn't hurt the P+ people.
  • edited March 2019
    I think buying upgrades "a la carte" would be brilliant.

I would be 1st in line to buy track mode for my LR DM. Maybe even some sort of sport mode for acceleration

I think they would make a killing.
  • edited March 2019
    So instead of selling a premium car where Tesla can make more money upfront, you suggest it is a better business decision to sell the options for a premium feature for less money after the sale.

This is again a very poor marketing process. One that undermines the long term branding of Tesla.

Tesla is working on being the next Chevrolet of EV vehicles. Why not strive to be the Porsche of EV's?

Very disappointing and in part why I just bought a new 2019 EV from another company.
  • edited March 2019
    I'm going to re-explain in another way

I don't want lower suspension or spoilers or 20 inch wheels and brakes etc

I only want software upgrades!!!

How this will affect the Model 3 Performance if my upgrade is only software???