Roadster

Roadster Tire Cost/Mileage Expectations

edited November -1 in Roadster
Apologize if this has been asked before, and I have seen a few threads near this topic previously discussed. But, I wanted to ask if there is any information on projected tire costs and mileage expectations. I realize if I'm considering buying a $200K to $250K car that it shouldn't be that big of an issue. With that said, my main cost for maintaining my P85D is tires, and I just like to know more (or as much as there is to know) about these topics before plopping down $50K.

Thanks

Comments

• edited November -1
    The Roadster prototype uses two Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 325/30ZR21 on the rear and two 295/35ZR20 for the front. Tire rack shows the rears at $510 each, didn't find the fronts, but didn't look hard. So a replacement of four tires is going to be around $2K. These are soft tires for great handling, but that means fast wearing too - maybe 10K miles on a set.
  • edited August 2019
    Alright jabronis, as mentioned earlier I will be driving my turdsla model 3 from ashburn Virginia to Southwestern Ontario. Total travel distance is 830 km. I’m here to document my travel time, including all the charge stops. I’m thinking I’ll capture charge time, how much I charged and the charge cost. Let me know if you want anything else.

Some notes: it’s optimal driving conditions. A bit overcast but not raining. Temp is looking to be around 20 Celsius for the majority of the drive. I’ve done this route before a total of 6 times, so I’m fairly confident with it. 3 times in the Tesla and 3 times in my 2008 Acura TSX. Since the drive is highway a majority of the time I will be utilizing autopilot whenever I can.
  • edited March 25
    Is it Runflat tyres ?