Model 3

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

2019.8.5 3aaa23d installed today, and includes seamless Navigate on Autopilot

edited April 2019 in Model 3
Whatever 2019.8.5 3aaa23d is, one of our two M3s received it this morning.

Updated to add that this update includes the new seamless Navigate on Autopilot that Tesla announced just yesterday. Here is a photo of the settings (our other M3 has 2019.8.3, and that dialog includes only the SPEED BASED LANE CHANGES setting):

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Did you look at the release notes? And what version did you have before this upgrade?
  • edited April 2019
    My wife and I also have 3 M3s and last time we both got 2019.8.3 simultaneously.
  • edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019
    I guess owning multiple teslas puts you guys at the top of the priority list. Still on 2018.9.15. Hopefully 8.5 fixes all the bugs reported on 8.3,8.4 You guys keep working out the kinks...I want it to be perfect when I finally get it
  • edited November -1
    errr 2019.5.15 wow its early. Just read the seamless navigate on autopilot release article, that's pretty cool. I love the incremental improvements.
  • edited April 2019
    I think it's early access program users at this point.
  • edited April 2019
    @teddy.tseng I think it's out of early access now.
  • edited April 2019
    Then, let's hope we get update to this version, I just got 2019.8.4 yesterday.
  • edited November -1
    Yes, the new Navigate on Autopilot is in 2019.8.5:

Our other M3 has 2019.8.3, and that dialog has only SPEED BASED LANE CHANGES.
  • edited November -1
    LOL, @spuzz - I was wondering why you were on year old software. I didn't think you were one of the ones who chooses not to install. :)
  • edited April 2019
    Let's see a video of this!
  • edited April 2019
    There is an article on Electrek about this detailing how it works. Tried to post the link, but got a permission error.
  • edited April 2019
    @teddy.tseng it's not early access. I'm not in EA, only had my car for 4 days. It was updated to 8.4 by SC before delivery on 3/31 and I just got 8.5 this morning.
  • edited November -1
    Great to heat that, I will wait if I will get this update when I get home tonight. yesterday I do have to bug Tesla online chat for them to push update, the guy told me my update got stuck on their server, so he push it again.
  • edited November -1
    @spuzzz123 does your car have access to wifi every night?

I've only ever updated over wifi. Obv it still does it over LTE but they probably hold those cars back to give the more opportunity to connect to wifi before the LTE data is consumed.

I normally receive updates in Texas 1-3 days after the California forum members start chirping about it.
  • edited November -1
  • I got my 2019.8.5 update today on my M3 with full auto-pilot, but it doesn't seem to include Advanced Summons. I understood there should be an extra button in the Summons window (over the car image) in the mobile app that allows you to summon the car to your current location, but there's no new button. I tried walking all the way up to the car and no button appeared, just in case I was too far away. Anyone else get this feature?
  • By the way, I'm in a remote lot at work when I got my update noitce, and it updated apparently over LTE, not wifi. I've never had an update occur away from home (where it would always use wifi)
  • edited April 2019
    Gotta change my lane change confirmation to Off. Maybe speed things up a bit.
  • edited April 2019
    Any notes on whether it has the higher charge speed enhancement?
  • edited April 2019
    Will I get notified of updates without a wifi connection? I purposely deleted the wifi profile from my car.

With wifi connected at home, the car will not sleep for an extended period of time. Over 2 hours sometimes. I have a hardwired aftermarket dashcam installed, and it will not shutoff until the car goes to sleep and cuts power to the 12V circuit.
  • edited April 2019
    @h2ev, by any chance, are you using a third party app like teslafi, or using your Tesla app while home? ANYTHING that pings the car periodically will keep the car awake.

I didn't know that the 12V circuit was hot when the car is locked and off.
  • edited April 2019
    @rxlawdude, no I'm not using any third party apps, and as soon as I learned that the car keeps the 12V circuit live until it goes to sleep, I've stopped opening the Tesla app as it will wake the dashcam.
  • edited April 2019
    @musdirector73 includes seamless NoA lane changes. Advance / Enhanced summon is not in 2019.8.5
    Currently it is only in 2019.9 (beta)
  • edited April 2019
    @h2ev, so when you don't use the app, are you still saying the car doesn't sleep?