Model S

Where would you like to see Tesla set up Super Chargers?

Comments

• Montreal, Kingston, Toronto, London and Windsor.
  • edited November -1
    On Ferries!
  • edited November -1
    Indio Ca. is a better half way point between the coast, LA or the beach cities (OC)and Phoenix. Blythe is 150 miles from Phoenix, which leaves almost 250 more to go. Using A/C and a speed that doesn't get you shot by other drivers i.e. 75 mph (which is the posted limit on the I-10 in Arizona), you could be out of juice if Blythe were the SuperCharge Point. Does anyone really plan on driving there Model S at 55 mph on the Interstate? Not Me!
  • edited November -1
    satterlund & stephen;
    You're listing cities. You misunderstand SC. It is not for urban use. It goes BETWEEN cities, to facilitate long hops.
  • edited November -1
    It would be great to have one in Silverthorne\Dillon in Colorado so going from Denver to any ski resort would have a nice middle stop for any range battery (plus dealing with the significant elevation change with the mountains)
  • edited November -1
    I agree on 101 corridor in CA
  • edited November -1
    motels, hotels between mpls. and las vegas so i can take a tesla down to vegas for the winter.
  • edited November -1
    I drive a couple times a year from SF Bay Area to the Palm Springs area to visit family. I'm pretty sure that I can get from the Tejon Ranch super charger to Palm Springs, but I do worry about going from Palm Springs to Tejon Ranch because there is a big hill to climb towards the end of that route before descending to Tejon Ranch (and I tend to have a lead foot). Looking forward to trying it early next year after my vehicle is delivered, but would love to see a super charger along the route on I-10 to reduce range anxiety.

I think a location at the Ontario Mills Mall in Ontario, CA would be great. It is right off both the I-10 and I-15 freeways, very convenient location for both East/West and North/South travelers.
  • edited November -1
    FL turnpike Fort Drum services
  • edited November -1
    They are already planning some along I-5 between Seattle and San Francisco. I would also like to see them along I-90 heading east from Seattle, preferably all across the country, but at least into the Rockies and then south into Yellowstone.
  • edited November -1
    Looking at the plan, the first SC on I-90 is in Spokane. A bit far from Seattle to make it on a single charge. So another SC between Ellensburg and Moses Lake would be in order.
  • BrianH.......My locations would be on H401 rest areas near those cities.
  • edited November -1
    Blythe, CA & Casa Grande, AZ. So I can get to Tucson from CA without sweating it!
  • edited November -1
    DavidM hit the nail on the head with his list of Interstates.

I95 alone takes care of 1/3 the population of the US.
  • edited November -1
    +1 on 101 corridor in CA -- SLO & Santa Barbara
  • edited November -1
    In NC, I95/US64 interchange. 230 miles from DC, 240 miles from Charlotte and a convenient midpoint in a 280 mile round trip from my house to Raleigh and back.
  • edited November -1
    Duluth, MN to cover a lot of northern vacation/camping spots. Rockford, IL to cover those who are bypassing Chicago on I39. Milwaukee is really not convenient for most east-west road trips in the area.
  • edited November -1
    tharasix unless you take the ferry east out of milwaukee.
  • edited November -1
    stephen;
    proper locations would be as far from those cities on H401 as possible.
  • edited November -1
    @ Satterlund - I cosign on DC to NYC. Baltimore, Philadelphia Wilmington on The I-95 corridor (NJ Turnpike).
  • edited November -1
    I wonder if some of the service centers will be part of the supercharger network. Saves on land fees, and makes sure you have a full battery for the trip home.
  • edited November -1
    Vawlkus, that would make a lot of sense. From what I've heard, the criteria for the placement of service centers and super chargers are very similar: They should ideally be placed in the middle of nowhere, where land is cheap, with a large highway intersection near by, so that they can conveniently serve the metropolitan areas in a relatively large radius (within the range of a 40 kWh Model S).

(And no, this concept does not mean that you're expected to drive your Model S to the middle of nowhere to have it serviced. The idea is that your Model S is collected, serviced, and delivered again.)
  • edited November -1
    The I-85 and I-75 corridors would be a help to the Southern States.
  • edited November -1
    @up north: True, but who would want to sit on a ferry with their S when they could be driving it?

In all honesty, I didn't even think about the ferry because I have driven Minneapolis to Indy so often, and that gap between Tomah, WI and Champaign, IL in their plan is annoying. I could drive to Tomah, then take state highways down to the Quad Cities, then follow I74, or go directly down to Des Moines then east. Neither way is ideal.
  • edited November -1
    The New Jersey Turnpike rest stops please!! At least two, one on the northbound side and one on the southbound. Thank you!