Model 3

TuneIn stations not loading

edited November -1 in Model 3
I’ve noticed this topic in other Tesla-themed forums but I haven’t seen it here, nor read of any solutions. Hoping I might find luck.
Specifically having trouble getting most (but not all) of the ESPN stations to work. I get a loading error. Reboots don’t seem to work. And all of the stations I’m trying in the Tesla do work on iPhone app and through website.
Thoughts?

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Same problem on mine. New software too. Happened before and after. ESPN won't load.
  • edited May 2019
    TuneIn stations wouldn't load on my Alexa at home yesterday, so maybe it wasn't related to the car firmware?
  • edited November -1
    whats your firmware version.

I am on 8.5 and never had any issues with TuneIn.
  • edited May 2019
    Been happening since 8.5. Downloaded 12.1.2 yesterday and it’s still not loading. It seems to only be ESPN for me, because other live broadcast stations seems to be fine.
  • edited May 2019
    Try a hard reboot and see if that fixes it
  • edited May 2019
    Tried a hard reboot last night. Still not working. Hopefully a new firmware will fix it in the future.
  • edited July 2019
    Same tunein problem- before updates a few months ago I could always get KOZT on tunein. Now I only get loading errors - work around is to use KOZTs iPhone app and get it to car via Bluetooth-on V 9.0 (2019.20.4.2). Any idea if Tesla is working to fix this? Did they reallocate bandwidth and create this problem?
  • edited November -1
    I’ve contacted tunein several times. They insist Tesla is aware. No word If it’s being worked on.
    My work around is the tunein app on iPhone and Bluetooth.

Super annoying first world problem. Would seem like easy fix, but I have no experience to actually know that.
  • edited July 2019
    I’ve contacted tunein several times. They insist Tesla is aware. No word If it’s being worked on.
    My work around is the tunein app on iPhone and Bluetooth.

Super annoying first world problem. Would seem like easy fix, but I have no experience to actually know that.
  • edited July 2019
    For ages now I have gotten the loading error, especially on KSPN (ESPN IN L.A.). I contacted TESLA over a month ago and provided them details about my experience, including exact time of an error. Here is the latest response from July 7, 2019:

I'm sorry to hear you are being affected by this, our team is aware of an issue with the ESPN station and we are working on a fix that will come in a future software update. I'm sorry to say I do't have further information at this time. The reboot you performed was a great troubleshooting step to start on!
  • edited July 2019
    I am having the same trouble on my Model 3 many of the stations in Tunein just show loading error
  • edited July 2019
    Thus my "holy war" since 2017 asserting it is unwise to rely solely on streaming Internet connections for media. (In other words, omission of AM and XM was dumb.)

I drove my S70D yesterday, and I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to listen to CNN without those damn loading errors and spinning icons.
  • edited July 2019
    I have a broader question. I just got a Tesla 3 about 3 weeks ago. When I use the STREAMING service, I get buffering (the little circle turning) basically EVERY DAY. Streaming works maybe 20% of the time. The buffering kicks in not just when I have no bars but when there are full bars. Do I have a lemon or is this a common experience? its is INCREDIBLY frustrating. Eager to hear from you 3 owners! Thanks! PS My TUNE IN works fine, but it's stations like Harvest and Sinatra and Beatles DNA (all Slacker) that DO NOT WORK!!!
  • edited November -1
    @rk As noted above, the first troubleshooting step is a reboot. Press and hold both scroll wheels until the screen goes black. Second step would be a hard reboot (same scroll wheel press while pressing hard on brake).
  • edited July 2019
    I will try hard reboot - I have only done reboot. thank you. BUT has anyone else experienced this problem? Curious if I have a Larger issue on my hands with the audio that needs service center attention.....thank you all!
  • edited July 2019
    I will try hard reboot - I have only done reboot. thank you. BUT has anyone else experienced this problem? Curious if I have a Larger issue on my hands with the audio that needs service center attention.....thank you all!
  • edited July 2019
    @rk, every single day.
  • edited July 2019
    I thought it was just me. Comfort in numbers.
  • edited September 2019
    Just an update, after downloading 2019.32.1 yesterday, it seems to have fixed the problem. Got ESPN back loading again.
  • edited October 2019
    I can never get ESPN Radio (the national feed) to load on Tunein. I have the Tunein app, and it loads fine there. The entertainment options in Tesla are embarrassingly bad.
  • edited October 2019
    I also use Tunein on my Sonos and always get better connection to stations on the Tesla. But, I just listen to music.
  • edited October 2019
    I have signed in to my TuneIn account on the car but it doesn't show my TuneIn favorites unless I toggle the favorite icon (star) a couple times. It also will not play one of my favorites though even though it plays fine on my phone in the TuneIn app and my AV receiver at home. The car gives a message that it cannot connect to TuneIn even when I am streaming another TuneIn station...
  • edited October 2019
    My tunein issues were finally fixed a few updates ago. For sure by V10 but maybe one update prior. I don’t recall.
  • edited May 7
    I have a Model S and have this issue with PBS Newshour. Have rebooted every way that service has told me to do it. still not working. any other advice?
  • edited June 5
    This problem started with several Tune In stations not loading , but not all, this past week after update to 16.2.1.