Northern California

CarPlay

edited November -1 in Northern California
Tesla needs to support CarPlay, which presumably would be fabulous with the 15” display.
Without it, I find that I dangerously need to reach my iPhone to perform various functions.
- The 2 most common car apps are Music and Podcasts. Tesla offers zero support for Playlists, so I have to reach for my phone and navigate Playlists there, rather than the obvious and preferred Tesla screen.
- Podcasts have a jump/forward back by 30 seconds. Tesla only offers an near useless variable back/forward button.

Tesla, you need to do what is best for your customers. Instead, you force us to use your proprietary, and far less capable, system.

Please fix this. Soon!

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Nor sure how this is NorCal specific, but whatever.

"Podcasts have a jump/forward back by 30 seconds. Tesla only offers an near useless variable back/forward button."

I find the forward/back on the steering wheel very useful. Are they variable? Maybe. But I'm also finding the ads to be variable in length now, so it's fine.

As to navigating your playlists, I thought Siri could do that? (Don't do iphone, so no idea).
  • Q QQ Q
    edited June 2019
    Learn to,use Siri to control music and podcasts.

“Hey Siri. Shuffle playlist <playlist name”>”
    Hey Siri. Skip ahead 2 mins”

Please Don’t endanger the rest of us by using your phone because you don’t care for the Tesla interface.