Model X

SiriusXM Issues

edited November -1 in Model X
Anyone else have issues with SiriusXM since last update? Frequently now, the station that plays when I get in the car is not the same as the station that was last playing when I left the car, but another "favorite". Also, there are many times that when I get in the car, it plays an FM radio station and not SiriusXM station that was on when I left the car, and touchscreen is frozen so I cannot change any station. Scheduled for a service appointment, but Tesla continues to text me to try to cancel the service. Latest is that they now acknowledge this is a "known firmware issue" that is under investigation.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Reboot your car
    Sounds like some terrible first world problems
    The horror!
  • edited June 2019
    Reboots do not fix the problem, as it continually happens. But agree, definitely 1st world problem! Haha
  • edited June 2019
    Not new problems. Been around since day one. Never seen a fix for radio problems.
  • edited June 2019
    Welcome to tesla world!
  • edited June 2019
    Just as a rule of thumb, it's not sufficient to say "...since the last update". You really need to identify the specific update please.
  • edited June 2019
    Sorry....newb here and ordered the car in mid May. I was under the impression you couldn't get SiriusXM. So am I incorrect. Thank you.
  • edited November -1
    Sirius XM available for Model S/X not the Model 3.

Gotta save cost to bring the M3 to the masses
  • edited June 2019
    Thank you jjgunn!
  • edited June 2019
    my model x with most current firmware has had this problem from day 1, when i get in the car the radio is on FM, which i never listen to. and i definitely leave it on SXM when i leave the car everytime. Tried 2 button reset but problem still happens
  • edited November -1
    definitely a terrible first world problem.
    to have to push the screen button to get back to SXM
    the horror …….
  • edited June 2019
    Siriusly!
  • edited November -1
    So where is the Sirius XM option on the Model X? I just picked up the car yesterday and haven't had a chance to figure it out. Thank you!
  • edited June 2019
    all you need to do is sign into your acct, the app is on the entertainment system
  • edited November -1
    sweet, thanks @jimglas!
  • edited August 2019
    Yes, I've had my Model X for about 6 weeks now, and it drops the Sirius signal. All. The. Time. I've had a Sirius account since 2004 in everything from a portable device to a 4Runner to a Panamera without a problem, but the Tesla version has been awful. If I listened only to music, I would have already canceled it. But since I like two of the talk shows that are available only on SXM, I'm clinging.
  • edited November -1
    make a service appt. You may have a bad antenna or connection.
  • edited August 2019
    Pickup MX 8/16/2019 ,XM worded ONCE .has an answerNo one
  • edited August 2019
    My MX (9/17 delivery) does the same thing but it’s not just a Tesla problem. My BMW X5 did the sane thing
  • edited August 2019
    Had a 2017 MX 100D, no problem with SXM ever. Picked up a new "Raven"X Performance in late June, nothing but problems with SXM. Wrong stations at startup, SXM disappearing from list of options in radio, frozen screen, etc. Have a mobile service call to look at it on Tuesday....will report back here after. Seems to mostly happen when the car is "hot". Additionally, FSD fans start screaming at times as well. I think it might be something related to an overheating issue.
  • edited August 2019
    my problems always resolve after scrollwheel reboot
  • edited September 2019
    Jallen - I have a newer Raven Model S and have had the same issues. SXM just randomly disappears from time to time (rebooting system does not help). When the SXM options disappear from the Infotainment screen, I can still see my SXM stations listed as "Favorites" but they do not work. Then at some random time (during drive, next drive, etc.) SXM starts working again. Very frustrating.

I currently have issue open with Tesla support but not making much progress so far. Have you had any luck? Seems to be more software issue than hardware issue.
  • edited September 2019
    I am having exact same issue as Doug. Model x brand new 2019 picked up tuesday. SXM disappeared and favorites that appear don’t work. Therefore this can’t be isolated to only his vehicle.
  • edited November -1
    I’m in my third model S since August, the first S the front drive motor seized before the car was a day old BUT SXM worked! Telsa gave me a loaner for a month while they built me a new S, SXM worked perfectly on the loaner. On 9/10 picked up the replacement S and SXM is as flaky as hell. SXM goes into the wheel of wait randomly, favorite SXM stations dont keep their correct names in the favorites list. SXM does not play randomly. as reported above rebooting does not resolve this issue.

SOooo, is this a software issue OR is it an antenna issue?
  • edited September 2019
    I just activated the Tesla on my SXM account. It worked fine for one day and now I'm having the same problems as Doug, deanyaukey and Brett. I submitted an issue with Tesla support but not sure if I will hear back any time soon. I will update if I hear anything. Hopefully someone will provide some answers.....?
  • edited September 2019
    I am having the same problem - XM often goes to station 1, or screen freezes, and now today it won't work at all. This is a 2019 Model S, and I had a 2016 Model S for three years with no problems ever.

So it's a problem with the newer models that Tesla needs to fix. Tesla, are you listening?