Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

paid for FSD 3 times, about to be 4, never seen it

edited June 2019 in Model 3
So I bought FSD on a 2015 SP90D, a 2016 X100D, a 2017 3LR, and soon to be a 2019 3HP.

I have never received the product "Full Self-Driving" anymore than anyone else... which is never.

Shouldn't customers be due a credit back from Tesla when trading vehicles in for a new one? Or is Tesla adding that value into the car when determining how much to pay a customer for a trade-in and transferring that "capability" to the next customer?

Comments

• edited June 2019
    The option of FSD goes with the VIN
    Unless those cars are totaled the next owner thanks you
  • edited November -1
    You didn't buy FSD for your 2015 SP90D, because you can only buy FSD for HW2 and later cars; HW2 was introduced in late 2016.

For your 2019 car, you're actually getting something by buying FSD, since all of the old EAP features were moved to FSD when Tesla introduced basic AP earlier this year. For your other cars that already had EAP, FSD doesn't add anything yet except the option to upgrade to HW3 when the time comes.

For the EAP cars, you knew you were buying a future feature, so I don't know why you would expect a refund if you get rid of the car before the feature is delivered.
  • edited November -1
    Stop buying things before they're ready!
  • edited June 2019
    lordmiller | June 26, 2019
    Stop buying things before they're ready!

You are kidding right. The M3 is on ongoing work in progress. Who knows when all the various Beta features will actually be finalized.
  • edited June 2019
    Yet Tesla's "beta" features work better than other automakers "released" features - if they even has something close to Tesla's features (very few do). Those features from other automakers also never get better over time, unless you buy an new car every year.
  • edited November -1
    Regarding the delivery in January 2018 of my 3, I waited 18 months for a feature I paid for that was promised to me and never delivered. How much longer was I expected to wait? I would argue 18 months was reasonable and that grace period has passed. I should now be refunded the money for that feature or see it credited back to me when I trade in for a new 3.
  • edited June 2019
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • edited November -1
    @j - you win the prize for having the shortest handle in this forum. There used to be a person called Ø who posted regularly, complaining that Model 3 did not have a hatch therefore would not be successful, but we have not heard from him/her in over a year.

In any evert, j uses fewer screen pixels than Ø so you still win.
  • edited June 2019
    With the Model 3 you got in 2018, the order page definitely did not promise any release of when FSD features would be implemented. The other two vehicles you list never had FSD as an option when you ordered them so unless you were able to add it after the fact (which isn't an option for cars with HW2.0 or earlier), you didn't pay for it 3 times. You have paid for EAP three times, but those features exist.
  • edited November -1
    TeslaTap.com | June 26, 2019
    Yet Tesla's "beta" features work better than other automakers "released" features - if they even has something close to Tesla's features (very few do). Those features from other automakers also never get better over time, unless you buy an new car every year.

What a typical uninformed Tesla fanatic statement! My 2019 Volt has much better "standard" features over my 2018 P3D+ "beta" features:

Significantly better Adaptive Cruise
    Better windshield wiper controls
    Door entry that works every single time
    Blind spot detection that works better and is more intuitively built into the side mirrors
    I don't have phantom alarms/braking/steering corrections with the LDA or ELDA
    The backup camera shows immediately every time
    The main display does not go blank and need to reboot while I am driving

The Volt does not have autopilot but I don't use the Tesla autopilot at all due to its erratic behavior

TESLA STILL HAS A LONG WAYS WITH ITS BETA FUNCTIONS

I am expecting it to eventually get there but it is very very slow at this point, other than games. Just got a new one. Go Tesla Gaming Center. That is definitely one area where Tesla rules all of the auto industry. Go Tesla Gaming Center.
  • edited November -1
    @j said: "I waited 18 months for a feature I paid for that was promised to me and never delivered."

On what date did Tesla promise you would receive FSD?

When I order FSD, the "promise" was that I would receive FSD when it came out along with any required hardware upgrades.
  • edited November -1
    Fool me once, shame on you...I think third time is “Enemy Action”. Tesla doesn’t have a 1st tier cruise control, doesn’t really have blind side indicators and doesn’t even pretend to have cross track warning, pretty much the foundation of any attempt at “self driving”.

Not sure how building EV’s got dragged down by the fantasy of self driving car. All Tesla’s bad PR is over accidents caused “Full Self Driving”. The costs in time and materials for putting it into cars has to be in billions. Tesla would likely be profitable today had it never gotten into the “Full Self Driving” and just purchased Subaru’s Eyesight system for good basic safeties.
  • edited June 2019
    fishev is always wrong.
  • edited June 2019
    @FISHEV
    Tesla HW3.0 is the most powerful hardware platform available today, period!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2019/04/22/tesla-claims-its-latest-self-driving-chip-is-six-times-more-powerful-than-its-rivals/amp/

Even compared to HW2.5, it can run up to 2300 frames per second versus 110 FPS for HW2.5...
    When it comes to autopilot, the most important thing is the hardware platform and it’s ability to handle future software releases and algorithms. I believe that the autopilot will see improvements for all manufacturers on a regular basis. The question is: who can run these new algorithms on their existing platforms without a hardware upgrade every single time, i.e. you’re forced to buy a new car...
    Also, these deep learning algorithms need to “learn”. More cars you have on the road, faster you’ll learn...

There is only ONE company who could claim to have a more solid autopilot than Tesla and it’s Cadillac. However, Cadillac doesn’t send software updates and algorithms improvements to their cars on a biweekly basis. I just don’t get the feeling that their AP system is really progressing at a faster pace than Tesla’s... Also, only Tesla has a car Summon feature...
  • edited June 2019
    @Fishev what are you talking about? I love my autopilot. It's amazing for long road trips and NOA is freaking awesome. I will never a buy another car without it since it has spoiled me so much. Literally takes all the mental fatigue of driving on long road trips. Does have a long ways to go in the city but that's fine.
  • edited June 2019
    OP, I simply cannot read a post like yours without wondering why. Why did you post it? More importantly, why did I read it? Is your post a rather poor attempt at a joke, or did you actually believe that drivelish blather would be judged to have value, by any reasonably intelligent person? If so, what on earth would ever have given you that idea?

Those are all rhetorical questions.....please don't attempt to provide answers.....
  • edited November -1
    It’s true that no dates were promised, but Elon has been suggesting it’s right around the corner for years. The cross country drive has not happened yet, my 2015 S still doesn’t have the smart Summon that was described as a year away when I bought it, Mad Max is way too polite for LA traffic, and they haven’t pushed out the “avoid stopped trucks” update yet. You can judge by the pace of progress and make your own conclusions but I would not expect FSD within the life of my car. Yet I still bought it (to support the R&D), I’m still a Tesla fan, and I appreciate the small baby steps. I’m not crying.
  • edited November -1
    Having FSD raises the value of your car, so yes, they certainly include that in the trade in value. Of course, if you pay, say, $5,000 for FSD, don't expect it to raise the trade in value of the car by $5,000. Even if they didn't depreciate the value of it along with the rest of the car, they would knock a chunk of it off as essentially a resell fee (they have to make money when they sell it used).

Of course, I don't know for sure, but that's what common sense tells me.

@FISHEV There's so much wrong with your post, I can't tell if it is satire or not. You seem serious though. What is a "1st tier cruise control", "blind side indicator", and "cross track warning"? Of course Tesla doesn't have made up features.
  • edited June 2019
    Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but most fish are mouth breathers. We seem to have one as well.
  • edited June 2019
    @howard - The Volt isn't a bad car, but not a great one either. Lots of problems, such as transmission failures, steering failures, major loss of power at speed and the list goes on. Safety rating is better than most, but less than Tesla (4 star side impact for the Volt). Never had any of the problems you cited in my Tesla, but if you're just grabbing random issues from the internet, I can see why you like your Volt better than rare issues with Tesla. Having a 360 degree view of cars arround you is far better than a single idiot light saying something may or may not be in a blindspot. Of course Tesla also includes many safety features not on the Volt.

Side Collision Avoidance
    Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
    Obstacle Aware Acceleration
    Very Low rollover risk

I'm not saying Tesla is perfect, but neither is the Volt. For most of us, Tesla is a far better vehicle than the Volt. More comfort, more space, more features, more cargo space, more fun, better styling, more power, better handling and safer. The fact that GM killed the Volt speaks volumes. Too many problems and too few buyers.
  • edited June 2019
    Fun fact!

A google search of this forum for the exact phrase "cross track warning" in the last year turns up only one account who uses the phrase, and s/he uses it all. the. time. It's @FishEV.

https://www.google.com/search?q="cross+track+warning"+site:tesla.com&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS805US805&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:y&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE8q-4gorjAhXEGc0KHRQ8Czs4ChCnBQgo&biw=1920&bih=1050

If you look back further than one year, you discover a second account using the phrase here, @EaglesPDX. That account doesn't post here anymore.

If you search the whole wide web for "cross track warning," you can find Reddit's @EaglesPDX posting the same complaints as @FishEV within the last couple weeks.

My conclusion: @EaglesPDX here and elsewhere and @FishEV are the same poster. S/he's been hung up on some feature whose name s/he been getting wrong for at least three years. Either that or the "feature" is made up.

Three years. Coming from a guy who took the time to do research into an imaginary car feature and the people who schmidtpost about it, who has time for this crap?
  • edited June 2019
    Hey....Dick fuckin Tracy. Well done.
  • edited June 2019
    So my putting the floppin' fish on ignore was a wise move....I find life is better without that drivel.
  • edited June 2019
    TeslaTap.com

Deflection one again and always. You stated: "Yet Tesla's "beta" features work better than other automakers "released" features"

I pointed out where they are absolutely not. That was the point! The rest is your very biased Tesla defense.

I drive both back to back and my opinion is very different.
  • edited June 2019
    your right you did give "opinions", from what I read Tap gave facts not opinions. try again...