Model 3

$533.52 Michelin refund for original tires with 26k miles on model 3

13»

Comments

• edited January 18
    Got a nail in my tire. Can’t be fixed. Tire tread remaining was very minimal.
    Michelin gave me 30% credit towards new tires. Only tires, no services.
  • edited January 19
    Dang. Just had mine replaced at Costco at 25k miles. Car needs alignment. Prolly won’t cover poor alignment. Hope 2nd set with good alignment will last longer. Otherwise will use 45k warranty on the new tires.
  • edited February 1
    A check for $526 arrived today from Michelin! Feeling a lot better about the 16.5K miles I got on the factory Primacy MXM4 tires.

Yay Michelin!

BTW, I'm loving the CrossClimate+ tires I replaced the factory tires with. Handle great in the snow here in Colorado.
  • edited February 10
    Thanks for the postings it really helped me out especially in calming my wife down when the Michelin's on our Model 3 wore out at 20K. Because of the postings here I went to Discount Tire where like others on this thread the manager, James Perkins, gave me a $558 credit right off the top on four new Michelin Sport A/S 3 Plus tires. The whole thing only took about 20 minutes and he said he gets a lot of referrals coming to him through the local Tesla Club.
  • edited February 18
    @dkocour
    nice to hear! which discount tire store did you go to? Just wanna see if you are in my area...
  • edited February 18
    Good info. Thanks.
  • edited March 11
    @FutureRobot I really appreciate you posting this about your tires. It just saved me 500+$ -- but it was a bit of a hassle and Tesla Service Center had me pay upfront and wait for a check from Michelin. Tires had 20k miles (18 months) rear tires were bald and front had 4/32 tread left. Alignment was spot on but rotation hadn't been performed. I'd also like to thank @Tionebin for letting us all know the his America's Tire store cut to the chase and applied the discount right away. Now that is customer service! Next time I will consider going there -- Thanks everyone!!
  • Thank you all for this post, it saved me $440.00 on my recent set of Michelin tires!!
  • 2018 Tesla 3 AWD with original 18" MXM4 tires down to 4/32 @ 20,000 miles. Michelin guarantee is 45K. Called Michelin and they opened up a case and gave me the number and said to go to a Michelin dealer. Costco said they wouldn't handle the tread wear situation unless the tires were purchased from them. So I went to Direct Tire (DT) and they quickly got me a 50% discount from Michelin on any of their tires. I chose the Michelin Sport A/S 4. DT price was close to $280 + extra charges to total about $1300 with road hazard, lifetime rotation and balancing). I checked with Costco and the price with everything including their Lifetime Balancing, Lifetime Rotation, Lifetime Flat Repair, Lifetime Air Pressure Checks, New Rubber Valve Stem, & Costco Wholesale's Road Hazard Warranty was just shy of $800 (w/o tax). So I called Michelin and asked if the 50% rebate could be transferred to Costco. They said it would be good for any of their dealers but the check would take 4 - 6 weeks. That's fine with me. As you can imagine DT was not too pleased. I've only driven 10 miles on them so far they but were much quieter than the original tires (at least with the 4/32 tread left).