Model 3

Free 2 year supercharging deviation

Recently bought a model 3 and dealership assured me that given I took inventory they would include the 'free' 2 year supercharging incentive ( called deviation on their side );

They indicated it would take effect 10/1; Well I charged yesterday and my credit card got billed. Upon calls to the dealership they said there is a backlog of case reviews on the Tesla side.

Anyone have insight on how this process works ? He is hoping by 10/15 that it takes effect, but my BS meter is pegged.

Comments

• edited October 2019
    I took delivery of my M3 on 9/20 and was guaranteed 2 years of free charging as well. It finally showed up on my account 10/2. When I reached out to Tesla, they indicated they were starting to credit these after 10/1. My guess is it should show up any day now.
  • edited October 2019
    I took delivery on 9/30 and today my free supercharging hit my account.
  • edited October 2019
    I took delivery of my M3 09/28/2019, still do not have free charging
  • edited October 2019
    I took a delivery of my M3 on 09/27/2019 and was told that fee Supercharging does not start until 10/15/2019. so in a mean time I used my friend referral code to cover me for first 2,000 miles .
  • edited November -1
    Took delivery on 9/20 and received the free SC yesterday
  • noob here. How do you tell if you've gotten your free supercharging?
  • edited November -1
    On this site go to account>manage>view details. It’ll show you your options and supercharging status. Mine says pay per use supercharging.
  • edited October 2019
    Took delivery 9/23 and free SC posted today. I too was charged for SC use in the interim and have reached out to Tesla for refund with no response.
  • edited October 2019
    How did you get notified or determine free SC was posted ?
  • edited November -1
    I took delivery 9/27 and mine just showed up. No notification but it’s there now when I checked.
  • edited November -1
    I just kept checking my account and noticed it showing up today. Perfect timing as I am going out of state on Saturday. Free road trip!
  • edited November -1
    Sounds like SC status changes to something other than 'Pay Per use Supercharging', could someone confirm please.

Based on responses, we've also confirmed any 10/15 'effective' statements are BS

Curious if Tesla refunds early charges.
  • edited October 2019
    Took delivery on 10/21, still on pay per use and have racked up almost $60 in charges. Reached out on 10/23 and was told "the free supercharging will reflect at the beginning of next quarter which is the start of October. I added the request right after we ordered the vehicle." We are now on the 3rd and I am still being charged a per use fee. Their lack of concern and customer service so far has me concerned. I really want to like Tesla as a company and not just as a car.
  • edited October 2019
    Took delivery 09/21, still showing as pay-per-use. Frustrating. Reached out to the various contacts I had used during the purchasing process for clarification and no replies. Not terribly impressed.
  • edited October 2019
    Could someone who has free supercharging please confirm what the status in the Tesla account says whe it is no pay-per-use ?
  • edited October 2019
    @jimdoran64 It says: Supercharging status - Free supercharging is currently enabled
  • edited October 2019
    I'd be patient. Tesla will make good on their promise.

I have free lifetime supercharging on my 3P which I bought last year. It took a couple of months to show up - calls to the service center may or may not help. Contacting Service through the website helped in my case but that was over a year ago - the process may have changed.

Once I got free supercharging, I asked them to refund past charges and they promptly did.

One more note, the Tesla Account is not accurate. Mine changed to Pay Per Use ~6 months ago (as it did for many people) but I have free charging in their backend systems and they never bill me.
  • edited October 2019
    Just an update to my post from yesterday. I contacted online chat this morning. This first person was helpful regarding who I should reach out to and showed some empathy but ultimately was unable to help, so he sent me to a Sales chat. Within that chat I was told that my Model 3P, which was purchased on 9/21 would have the supercharging active by the 7th of October (setting expectations is good!). He suggested that I visit the Tesla store where I bought the car to have any charges reversed. The sales agent then immediately ended the chat before I could respond.

I promptly drove to the Tesla store, explained the situation and was told "I don't know why they would send you here to have Supercharger charges reversed". I very politely asked if I could speak with the Manager and after a few minutes, the adviser came back downstairs and told me that there is nothing they could do to help me. I was told the manager wouldn't need to talk to me because there is nothing she can do to assist and that I will just have to wait for them to reach out. It's unfortunate that in an empty showroom without any clients, the manager couldn't even be bothered to show concern. I really hope it reflects on the 7th but I have this horrible feeling that I have been misled twice already with no contact from Tesla letting me know there is going to be a delay and that the date will slip again.

I really want to like you Tesla. Please learn to be proactive and upfront with your communication. If I was told when I purchased the car that it may take up to a month to activate supercharging, I would have been ok with that. It's all about setting those expectations with communication. The expectation was that I was buying the car with free supercharging as part of the purchase that day.

I don't know if this bit of information is useful but the adviser did mention there is only one guy in California setting up all of the Supercharger deviations on that all Tesla stores are pretty much waiting for him to work through all the accounts.

I am going to back off for a little bit here and give them a chance to make it right and will likely reach back out EOB on the 7th or early on the 8th. If you guys are interested, I will also keep you guys up to date on any developments.
  • edited October 2019
    I am in no rush to activate my 2 years FUSC. Why you may ask? Well, I received 2,000 free superheat miles with my referral. And the 2 years FUSC starts the day they activate it, I confirmed this with a Tesla employee. So I am happily using my free 2k. When I get close to the end I will bug Tesla.
  • edited October 2019
    Is the 2 Year free SC only applicable to certain states or anybody who took the delivery in USA on or before 9/30 2019 ?
  • edited October 2019
    @right2niru
    Anyone should be eligible worldwide
  • edited October 2019
    @beaver Very Interesting. I specifically asked prior to delivery if I could combine the FUSC and referral and was told I could not. I had the same idea to run them sequentially.

I too heard ambiguous info on the Tesla account status changing. One sales guy said it will still say 'pay per use' but your CC won't get charged.

Good info from others, but the damn, I am disappointed in the lack of customer service from dealerships ( mine included ). Typical auto sales behavior which I expected more.
  • edited October 2019
    My unlimited 2 years has not shown up yet (took deliver on 9/30), but I have been credited 800 kWh. It showed up in my account after I did my first stop at a supercharger. I did provide a friend’s referral code for 2000 miles of supercharging at purchase, so maybe that is from the referral. My friend says he hasn’t seen his 2000 mile credit show up yet from the referral.
  • edited October 2019
    I reached out to the delivery team at my local dealership today, and I was told it generally takes two weeks to reflect on the vehicle.
  • edited November -1
    I had not heard of this. I took delivery of my M3 on 8/1, was there a certain date that was the start/cut off or does this apply to all M3s purchased?